CAMPAIGN to help Equusearch get more volunteers and news coverage!

tttterri

Reaction score
First day of search was today and instead of 1000 TES expected to turnout, there were only 100-175 at most. We can make a difference in tomorrow's turnout if we all will get to posting the need for volunteers all over the Florida areas. I am going to post on the Orlando Craigslist and all other groups and places where there may be FL residents reading. I am requesting help from others to get the need posted in as many places as we can before morning when they meetup again at 8am. If you can post in any FL areas on Craigslist (they only allow a person to post one area) and also send out the request to any FL myspace friends, FL groups, clubs, any online FL posting places where it might get read, that will help increase the amt of searchers tomorrow. You can copy the following and paste it whereever you can. I have included quotes from the news article where they state they need more volunteers, and also a link to the TES website, plus how to volunteer info that is from a thread on here. I know we cant all be in FL but we can do what we can to bring attention and hope for a better turnout of searchers tomorrow and following dates if we all join in. Thank you for reading and I hope others will join in with getting the word out tonight.
What I will be posting at online places:
Hi folks. I wanted to post this in hopes of encouraging more groups and persons to volunteer to assist in tomorrow and other upcoming day's searches for little Caylee Anthony. The news article implies that they are very short on expected turnout of needed volunteers. If there are any of you out there or if you know of any groups or clubs that you think would be interested in helping them, please contact them or just show up tomorrow Sunday at 5750 TG Lee Blvd Orlando and bring a photo ID, that is all is needed. I hope many volunteers will join this search for the little girl. She deserves justice and a homecoming if at all possible.
Article read:
Organizers of Texas Equusearch said, concerning the search that started today for Caylee Anthony, missing 3 yr old child, said that they were hoping for more than 1,000 volunteers for the search but only 100 people showed up. A group of about 100 volunteers used sonar and a high-tech airboat to search Central Florida swamps and other remote areas for a missing Orlando girl. Dozens of people met up early Saturday near Moss Park in Orange County and the search was launched in some nearby swampland and other areas. The group is looking for volunteers for another search being launched Sunday. The group will meet early Sunday at the Holiday Inn located at 5750 TG Lee Blvd.
Any volunteers can met at the Command Center at:
5750 TG Lee Boulevard
Orlando. The rear parking lot behind the Holiday Inn
Please be there by 8am. You will need a photo ID to participate
You DO NOT need to be a member of TES to volunteer. It has been reported that there was a $25 fee to search. That is erroneous, that is the donation to be a member, which you do not need to do to particpate in the search..
More Info:
http://www.local6.com/news/17347886/detail.html
http://www.texasequusearch.org/

I live here in Orlando and I admit I have been wavering about joining the search. I'm not gonna lie. I'm scared. Scared of what I might find and I'm not quite sure how I would handle that. But this post has really tugged on my heart to possibly face those fears. I'm going to see if I can arrange a way for my husband and I to join the search team.

I was just getting ready to post a thread about this. It breaks my heart that the behavior of Casey and her family may be affecting how many people are willing to get out there and search. Honestly, I thought with the coverage this case is receiving there would be a line around the block to help. :(

Just curious..... have the Anthony's made appeals to the public to join the TES search?

I think having them out & involved in a hands on way with recruiting would go a long way in getting the public's attention.

The public is SO used to seeing Cindy insult people for NOT searching, I think she needs to do some damage control...... FAST!

Thank you from my heart and for Caylee also. I also expected to see a huge turnout reported but it broke my heart also. I'm stuck in N.C. but I found a way that we can help by spreading the word! While posting across the net, I thought of blogs and realized I didnt mention them. Those would also be good places to post. For those that hesitate to volunteer, please realize there are many ways to assist at the command site. You will not have to do an actual search if you would rather not. They will need people to be at the command post also. I hope this helps with your decision. My prayers will be going around the clock for everyone involved! Thanks!

Just curious..... have the Anthony's made appeals to the public to join the TES search?

I think having them out & involved in a hands on way with recruiting would go a long way in getting the public's attention.

The public is SO used to seeing Cindy insult people for NOT searching, I think she needs to do some damage control...... FAST!
I havent heard a word on that. If only these news reporters and the protesters and driveby gawkers on their street would just get to spreading the word, that would be a huge asset. I believe I will start emailing all of the news channels that I can find also. Thanks for the idea!

As a new WS who is all the way across the country I must say that I am a tad bit disappointed. This post is not to offend but to vent ...

I am disappointed that some of the Floridians (include veteran WS members) who have this opportunity to look for this child, whether alive or not, and don't take it.

I am utterly frustrated being in California when all I want to do is fly to Orlando to help. Regardless of whether G & C show their appreciation or not I could care friggin less. It's NOT ABOUT THEM!!!!! I wouldn't want them to show their face there because they would be only doing it for appearance sake anyways.

It's about Caylee. Nothing more nothing less.

Someone wrote earlier that if they weren't already at a bankrupt budget they would be there ... my sentiments couldn't be any further.

So, instead of posting how you are close but can't go or are afraid to go, please suck it up and just go, for Caylee & for the hundreds of us that wish we could go but are too far.

SoCaliMom

I believe TES has said they would like to find a live Caylee but of course they are searching for both. If I could be there, believe me, I would've been there starting today for I cannot think of anything more important than helping in this search. Thankfully I have found a way to help by posting the notices across the net. Hope all that can will help. Im off to posting again for now, I'm on notice 6 already on different message boards. Remember to take advantage of those free community ads in the area, I am!

I wanted sooo bad to get out there today...We are about 2 hours (with traffic)away..but hubby had to work and we only have one car we share...We are heading out in the early am tomorrow...hopefully the weather will be ok..it was completely nasty here today...but rain or shine we will go out there tomorrow and I think my sister and one of her neighbors pretty close to Orlando are planning on going out too!
I talked to her today ( my sis) and she didnt know about the searches...I think the news have not given it much airtime because of the whole arrest fiasco yesterday!
I think the turnout tomorrow could be much greater...again cross fingers for a little better weather!! Timing with these hurricanes sucks!

I think that would make a huge difference. People here are not happy and do not feel compassion for their family from the things I hear. I feel a pull to do this for Caylee DESPITE my own fears...and believe me they ARE HUGE! But knowing that only a little over 100 people showed up today breaks my heart. This little girl deserves to be found and deserves justice. I don't know how I would ever deal with it if I actually did find her little body, but I have to believe if that is meant to be then it was God's plan and He will get me through it. But, believe me, your post is what was the pull that is getting me to face my fear.

I just don't think I can go tomorrow, does anyone know if the search will continue at the same time on Monday?

I believe TES has said they would like to find a live Caylee but of course they are searching for both. If I could be there, believe me, I would've been there starting today for I cannot think of anything more important than helping in this search. Thankfully I have found a way to help by posting the notices across the net. Hope all that can will help. Im off to posting again for now, I'm on notice 6 already on different message boards. Remember to take advantage of those free community ads in the area, I am!

Thank you so much for clarifying that, terri.

I'm far away, but my prayers and thanks will be with everyone there.

I have a blog that reaches a relatively small number of people nationally, but I will post the info on it tonight.

Posting in Pinellas County on Craig's List and Kijiji for volunteers

Also, how about the radio stations, good idea - get them to ADVERTISE!!!

Well if the Anthony's won't do it.... the decent citizens of Florida MUST.....

Notices should go up in all the local supermarkets, pizza places, gas stations.... you get the idea!

These can be printed out on home computers..... does TES have an official notice for the Caylee search? If so.... print that & get them distributed.

Calls to local radio stations to get the word out? College newspapers.... IF the students are back already? High schools? Churches? Temples?

And the most effective tool.... the good old phone.... do your own friends know? Do their friends know?

And I think it's good to make it clear so people know that they don't HAVE to search to be part of the search team. And maybe let them know how many hours they'd have to devote.... if they think they can't donate just a couple of hours they might be reluctant to get involved.

Maybe someone can start a thread so you can keep track of who's covering which locations so people aren't arriving at spots where someone else already covered?

These can be printed out on home computers..... does TES have an official notice for the Caylee search? If so.... print that & get them distributed.

Great idea! I can do that!

I can do a ride share for people in the Tampa area! For tomorrow morning..you can pm me!

The Anthony's are still waiting for the baby sitter or kidnappers to drop off Caylee somewhere. :rolleyes:

I agree many more searchers should be out there, but to chastize someone because they aren't, not everyone is cut out to finding a corpse, especially one of a child and most likely what condition she would be in after this much time. Difficult to even think about. I'm sure many are heading hurricane warnings so this is not exactly the best time to search.

jmho

What about sites with large regional sub-groups like Sparkpeople? I'm not a member, but I've heard that it's HUGE and has groups broken down by area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back