1250 users online (239 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Don't think I can continue here if no Gen Discussion Thread...

I LOVE WS, but not having a general thread is making me crazy. Maybe I'll check back later.

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    There's entirely too many "repeat" threads. Too many zanny threads, too many TES threads. I'm just confused trying to find information - what's old, what's new. So, I'm with you.... gonna give this a rest for a while and read other forums.

Check all the threads here for what you want to talk about. Gosh, anything you can think of is already on the forum! And if it isn't there, start a thread to talk about it.

I agree it's hard to follow everything.

Arwen is offline Caylee is worth about 1,000,000 Casey Anthonys.
    I agree. There's too much to talk about to fit on one thread. For one, it's almost impossible to stay on topic and I'm seeing more rudeness (and not just addressed to myself).
    Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence.
    -- Henri Frederic Amiel

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    -- Aldous Huxley

All opinions expressed are that... merely my opinions, thoughts, musings as it were.

mom of five, I don't think they mean we can't have a discussion thread. I think what they mean is that we throw ideas at the wall on a discussion thread and if one seems to stick and it becomes a *topic* of sorts, that we are to start a thread on that idea. I think they just want to break it down some, so folks can look for their topic and not be 3 pages behind once they try and post about it?

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    There's entirely too many "repeat" threads. Too many zanny threads, too many TES threads. I'm just confused trying to find information - what's old, what's new. So, I'm with you.... gonna give this a rest for a while and read other forums.
    This forum is too confusing now. I want to remove my registration to websleuths. How may I do that?

It is hard to follow. Way too many threads, with the same info, and yet I'm trying to keep up and I get lost.. Sometimes I want to post something but I'm afraid it was already posted, therefore I just read.

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by kathyn2 View Post
    Check all the threads here for what you want to talk about. Gosh, anything you can think of is already on the forum! And if it isn't there, start a thread to talk about it.
    The thing is all I've been doing this morning is using the search function to find duplicate threads and pm'ing Mods to combine them. I haven't had a chance to scan the net for any new news, or catch up here.

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to agree with you. Too difficult to follow. I want just one thread that I can continuously read.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle1 View Post
    This forum is too confusing now. I want to remove my registration to websleuths. How may I do that?
    Ummmmm, just sign out and never sign back in????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

I also miss the general discussion threads. I don't post much but I read A LOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerlin View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to agree with you. Too difficult to follow. I want just one thread that I can continuously read.
    I've never heard of a forum that has only a single thread. LOL I think THAT would make me crazy!

Yeah, and if you even mention another subject/topic that has its own thread- you are redirected to another thread. Even if you are staying on topic for the thread and just making a point or observation.

i mean I'm sure assumtions are made but, the whole context of the conversation should be read before we are automatically redirected by another member to go to another thread and post there. its a little embarrassing when it happens and the point is then lost because others hit the link and leave the conversation about the thread you were on. So IMO we are playing musical threads.

Mom of Five, congratulations, you just started one :-)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast