Blue colored plastic crate???

Shutterfly

Reaction score
On page 33 of the 400 page document, the report filed with the incident report says the following...

"On July 16th, 2008, I was requested by Child Abuse Detective, Corporal Yuri Melich(2684), to meet with Mrs. Cynthia Anthony at her residence, located at 4937 Hopespring Dr, Orlando Florida, and take possession of of several items she agreed to release to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. The items consisted of Cynthia's laptop computer, a vehicle, and a bag of various items, which had been inside the vehicle at the time the Anthony's took possession of it from Johnson's wrecker Service." He went on to say that some of the items recovered contained the same unidentifiable odor that Cindy reported came from the car. He described the circumstances under which he retrieved the items. He says that he observed the black leather bag (containing cd's and dvd's) and the belt in the car.

Here is the list of items...

black power cord
black/silver laptop
black leather bag and belt
child's toothbrush
dinnerware knife
plastic clothes hangers
blue colored plastic crate
dora the explorer backpack
child's toy doll
various papers with binder

Based on this document, I conclude that all of the items listed above were found inside the vehicle except for the laptop and it's cord.

Here's the thing I didn't notice until now...why I don't know.....

A blue colored plastic crate?????

Storage crate.....in the back of a Pontiac. With shoes and such laying all over the car it doesn't stike me you're well organized and likely not using this crate for the storage of clothing. Then what are you using it to store?

Eh - I have a 50 gallon tupperware tote in the trunk of my car - empty right now - and the front seat passenger floorboard looks like empty coffee cup and suit jacket heaven ------- Simply because I throw the loose jackets on the floor when I leave work - and the coffee cups in the morning - the tote --- I use for when I run errands on my lunch and dont want everything rolling around ---- plus then I just carry THAT in instead of 5+6 bags of stuff at the end of the day........

Not saying thats why SHE had one.........just a thought..........

I think a crate is like the hard plastic frame things (like milk crate type thing). It's not like the rubbermaid storage *bins, that are plastic and have a lid.

Find the right type of shipping crate to transport your goods.
Crates are self-supporting containers that may or may not have sheathing. A container is usually called a crate if it remains standing as a framed structure when the sheathing is removed.
http://www.business.com/directory/industrial_goods_and_services/packaging_and_containers/crates/

Interesting, target sells blue milk crates
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...110944&ci_sku=B001160REG&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

my guess is that Casey prob'ly loaded her computer needs in the crate to tote in and out of the mutiple places she stayed, prob'ly helped keep the computer from sliding all around as much too. I don't think it was the size like a bin type thing, that she could have put her baby in. JMO though

SNIP Based on this document, I conclude that all of the items listed above were found inside the vehicle except for the laptop and it's cord.

SNIP
IMHO, I don't think we can assume all the items were in the car, since there was not a separate list for the laptop. However, the way it is worded everything could have been in the car. Since it said crate, I am wondering if it is one of these things. Something like this would fit in the car if that is where it came from.

rvanub.jpg

Edit: What was said above, I was busy getting a picture of it LOL

Here's the thing I didn't notice until now...why I don't know.....

A blue colored plastic crate?????

Storage crate.....in the back of a Pontiac. With shoes and such laying all over the car it doesn't stike me you're well organized and likely not using this crate for the storage of clothing. Then what are you using it to store?

Maybe they/she stole it. I used to take these things all the time when I was younger. I assume it may be a milk crate.

I have a couple crates in the back of my car but they are filled with coloring books, reading books, plastic containers (empty Wet Wipes) with washable markers....all things to keep a child busy if I happen to have one or more of my grandchildren with me and we are having to wait or taking a longer drive than usual.

Crates in cars that transport kids is not unusual.
Empty crates, well, that's another hmmmm.

I have a couple crates in the back of my car but they are filled with coloring books, reading books, plastic containers (empty Wet Wipes) with washable markers....all things to keep a child busy if I happen to have one or more of my grandchildren with me and we are having to wait or taking a longer drive than usual.

Crates in cars that transport kids is not unusual.
Empty crates, well, that's another hmmmm.

I have an empty cardboard box in my car. The stuff that should be in it is scattered all over the place.

so thats where the doll and backpack are... no caylee

Yeah one would think that if she were truly dropping her off with the babysitter, as she insists she did, that she would have her little doll and backpack full of stuff for the day with her. I'd say that's pretty telling that they were in the car, but no Caylee.

I believe the report stated that some of the items taken also smelled like the car. That made me think perhaps these were not washed, if taken from the car. It is just not clear from where they were taken. I wonder if they could have been taken from another persons home since they did go to Tonys looking for a phone and a camera.

Was that George's laptop that Casey had?

I would also like to know if the backpack was in the car why she felt a need to wash the pants and knife but not the backpack.

I have a blue plastic crate in the trunk of my car. :eek:
I keep antifreeze, bug wash, a large bottle of water, and jumper cables in it.

I believe the report stated that some of the items taken also smelled like the car. That made me think perhaps these were not washed, if taken from the car. It is just not clear from where they were taken. I wonder if they could have been taken from another persons home since they did go to Tonys looking for a phone and a camera.

Decomp must be quite a stink if things in the car were still stinky. ewwwww

Also - I dont think the doll being in the car is that big of a deal either - My daughter is at daycare right now - and I have a diaper, wipes, binky, a doll, a blanket, a bib, and who knows whatelse in my car..... My son is at school and Im sure a few of his things are scattered in the backseat too.

I found it odd that her backpack was in the car, especially since it was reportedly all she carried with her on the last time George supposedly saw them leaving the house. I would assume it would have contained typical daycare stuff - a change of clothes, etc. Er, if she'd been going to daycare, that is. Sheesh.

And I'm glad I'm in good company with car clutter here. I've got a 2-year-old, and I still have size newborn diapers stuffed in the back of the passenger seats.

Also - I dont think the doll being in the car is that big of a deal either - My daughter is at daycare right now - and I have a diaper, wipes, binky, a doll, a blanket, a bib, and who knows whatelse in my car..... My son is at school and Im sure a few of his things are scattered in the backseat too.

but these were her SPECIAL things that she would need for the day, like for naptime.
When my kids were younger I had all kinds of stuff in the truck. Extra diapers, wipes, a blanket (though their SPECIAL blankets went everywhere with them), books, toys, etc.
I used to pack a backpack for my daughters when they were going somewhere for the day. I would let them pick a toy or two, their special blanket, special teddy, and put it in there. They would take it with them to wherever it was they were going for the day. It seems odd to me that her backpack and special doll would be just lying on the floor of a car while she went to Zanny's.

Do we know what was IN the backpack?

but these were her SPECIAL things that she would need for the day, like for naptime.
When my kids were younger I had all kinds of stuff in the truck. Extra diapers, wipes, a blanket (though their SPECIAL blankets went everywhere with them), books, toys, etc.
I used to pack a backpack for my daughters when they were going somewhere for the day. I would let them pick a toy or two, their special blanket, special teddy, and put it in there. They would take it with them to wherever it was they were going for the day. It seems odd to me that her backpack and special doll would be just lying on the floor of a car while she went to Zanny's.

True. If the doll was her special doll, she would've toted it everywhere. Carried it into Zanny's, and taken it for a walk in the park.

Is this the doll that is in the photo with her in the carseat with the baseball hat on? Or is that a different doll. The police report described a soft bodied doll, the one in the photo is vinyl head, guessing soft body. I just pictured more of a "ragdoll" from the police description. That would make a difference in how much it absorbed (odor and/or any fluids).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back