OCSO Caylee Updates Site

liltigress

Fighting The Good Fight
Reaction score
http://www.ocso.com/Default.aspx?tabid=547

I thought I'd start a thread of the updates as they come in on OSCO's Update site.

Posted 08.28.08 - 5:05 pm Jim Solomons Media Update 9 9/3/2008
Posted 09.03.08 - 3:15pm Jim Solomons Media Update 10 9/3/2008

Posted 09.03.08 - 3:16pm Jim Solomons Fraud3 Affidavit 9/3/2008
Posted 09.03.08 - 3:16pm Jim Solomons Fraud4 Affidavit 9/3/2008

CAYLEE ANTHONY UPDATE #9 August 28, 2008

We continue to receive inquiries in reference to forensic evidence pertaining to the Caylee Anthony investigation recently returned to the Sheriff’s Office. We once again confirm that we have received and expect to continue to receive forensic results from evidence in that case from at least two forensic laboratories.

As we have previously stated, because of the sensitivity of this ongoing criminal investigation, we will stay the course and reserve our right to withhold any and all evidentiary details until such details become a matter of public record. We can affirm that every piece of evidence returned on this case is being carefully reviewed by investigators assigned to the case and the Orange/Osceola State Attorney’s Office.

Our primary objective in this ongoing investigation is to locate Caylee Anthony.

Capt. Nieves will be available to discuss this information with you in our downstairs lobby, Central Complex – 2500 West Colonial Drive – until 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM today.

CAYLEE ANTHONY UPDATE #10 September 3, 2008

Sheriff Beary donates $5,000 in drug forfeiture money
to assist Texas EquuSearch team

Sheriff Beary will announce a $5,000 donation in forfeited drug money to assist the efforts of Texas EquuSearch, the non-profit search and recovery organization who came to Orange County to assist in the search for Caylee Anthony. The highly specialized, high-tech search and recovery team has been and continues to be an invaluable asset in the Sheriff’s Office’s ongoing effort to locate the missing three year old. Volunteers working under the direction of EquuSearch are searching locations considered to be areas of interest by Sheriff’s investigators. While their efforts have not led to the recovery of Caylee they are quickly and efficiently eliminating areas that investigators are interested in.

Employees and volunteer groups associated with the Sheriff’s Office may soon be joining EquuSearch’s search effort as early as tomorrow. Up to 80 alumni from the Sheriff’s Civilian Police Academy will be participating in the search as will a number of civilian agency employees. We have also received word that a number of Loyal Order of the Moose members from the Orlando, Azalea Park, County Line, Kissimmee, Pine Castle, and South Lake County Lodges will provide much needed manpower for the search.

Sheriff’s Investigators have filed additional check fraud and theft charges on Casey Anthony early this afternoon. Two counts of uttering a forged check, two counts of petit theft, and two counts of fraudulent use of personal identification. Those charging affidavits will be available on the Caylee Anthony section of our web site… http://www.ocso.com

Sheriff Beary will be at the Texas EquuSearch staging area at 5750 TG Lee Boulevard today at 3:00 PM to answer any questions you might have.

Employees and volunteer groups associated with the Sheriff’s Office may soon be joining EquuSearch’s search effort as early as tomorrow. Up to 80 alumni from the Sheriff’s Civilian Police Academy will be participating in the search as will a number of civilian agency employees. We have also received word that a number of Loyal Order of the Moose members from the Orlando, Azalea Park, County Line, Kissimmee, Pine Castle, and South Lake County Lodges will provide much needed manpower for the search.

Such great news!!! The ball is rolling. Thanks so much for sharing this information.

Sheriff Beary donates $5,000 in drug forfeiture money
to assist Texas EquuSearch team

Sheriff Beary will announce a $5,000 donation in forfeited drug money to assist the efforts of Texas EquuSearch, the non-profit search and recovery organization who came to Orange County to assist in the search for Caylee Anthony. The highly specialized, high-tech search and recovery team has been and continues to be an invaluable asset in the Sheriff’s Office’s ongoing effort to locate the missing three year old. Volunteers working under the direction of EquuSearch are searching locations considered to be areas of interest by Sheriff’s investigators. While their efforts have not led to the recovery of Caylee they are quickly and efficiently eliminating areas that investigators are interested in.

Sheriff’s Investigators have filed additional check fraud and theft charges on Casey Anthony early this afternoon. Two counts of uttering a forged check, two counts of petit theft, and two counts of fraudulent use of personal identification. Those charging affidavits will be available on the Caylee Anthony section of our web site… http://www.ocso.com

Sheriff Beary will be at the Texas EquuSearch staging area at 5750 TG Lee Boulevard today at 3:00 PM to answer any questions you might have.

Looks like more charges today?

Both of these accounts were from Amy's stolen checks, so it appears that all 6 new charges were a direct result from this. This shows there were 2 checks stolen and cashed.

http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=MediaRelations/09.03.08_Fraud3.pdf&tabid=547&mid=1935
Posted 09.03.08 - 3:16pm Jim Solomons Fraud3 Affidavit 9/3/2008
Check #144 for $155.47 to Target.

http://www.ocso.com/LinkClick.aspx?link=MediaRelations/09.03.08_Fraud4.pdf&tabid=547&mid=1935
Posted 09.03.08 - 3:16pm Jim Solomons Fraud4 Affidavit 9/3/2008
Check #143 for $137.77 to Target.

There is already a thread discussing this ... can we move this topic there? I had started one and didn't know & deleted mine ... the board is getting convoluted with repeating topics....

There is already a thread discussing this ... can we move this topic there? I had started one and didn't know & deleted mine ... the board is getting convoluted with repeating topics....

This thread isn't specifically about fraud charges, but instead, the information released through the OSCO on the Caylee Updates site.

Media Breifings/Updates
Public Records Requests

CAYLEE ANTHONY UPDATE #11 September 4, 2008

Volunteers needed for Caylee Anthony Search

The Sheriff’s Office continues to receive invaluable support from the Texas EquuSearch team that has come to Orlando to assist in the agency’s effort to locate Caylee Anthony. The agency continues to receive calls from citizens wanting to assist with this ongoing effort. Texas EquuSearch and the Sheriff’s Office are seeking volunteers to participate in searches for the missing three year old on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (September 5, 6, and 7). Volunteers are asked to meet at the search command center at 6317 TPC Boulevard before 8:30 AM. Volunteers will be given maps of the area and assembled into search teams. The daily searches will continue until dusk/dark.

We also continue to receive calls in reference to the specific nature of evidence recovered during the course of the Caylee Anthony investigation. As has been the policy during the course of this or any ongoing investigation being conducted by this agency, the Sheriff’s Office can not and will not provide details regarding the specific nature of criminal evidence it has recovered or expects to recover during the course of the investigation.

We will endeavor to provide you with the most recent and up to date information on this case immediately as it becomes available. Whatever information in released throughout the course of this investigation will ultimately be posted on the Caylee Anthony portion of the agency’s web site.

... the board is getting convoluted with repeating topics....

I agree....I love this place and am grateful for all Tricia does, but it seems to me things have gotten out of hand since the general discussion thread is gone....every one is opening a new thread for every thought, because they can't express them elsewhere, and because there are now so many threads, no one knows if one has been started on the topic yet or not. I love this place, but found it more enjoyable and easier to know what was going on when we had the general discussion thread. Oh well.

:praying: so hard for Caylee!! :rose:

I agree....I love this place and am grateful for all Tricia does, but it seems to me things have gotten out of hand since the general discussion thread is gone....every one is opening a new thread for every thought, because they can't express them elsewhere, and because there are now so many threads, no one knows if one has been started on the topic yet or not. I love this place, but found it more enjoyable and easier to know what was going on when we had the general discussion thread. Oh well.
i tended to stay away from the general discussion due to time constraints... i like the separate topics, just because i notice if there is something new and i can keep up better. I lose track of the whole thing in the gen. thread. Just a thought for someone like me, relatively new last month. :)

CAYLEE ANTHONY UPDATE #12 September 11, 2008

Investigators have not made an additional arrest on the defendant and cannot provide any projection on case developments until it is proper to do so. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office as received multiple inquiries pertaining to the information that was released this morning by the Orange/.Osceola State Attorney’s Office pertaining to the charges that have been levied against Defendant Casey Anthony.

The information charged by the State Attorney is in regards to the economic crimes cases that the defendant was arrested for on 8/29/08 and 9/03/08 respectively. The information charged will speak for itself and we will not be able to respond to their consolidation as this is the purview of the SA. I have included their release as a courtesy for those who may not have it.

The Anthony residence on Hopespring Drive continues to receive media, protestors and curiosity seekers attention at every turn in this investigation. While we recognize an individual’s right to express their views, we want to remind all involved that the residents (parents/children) of this community also have an interest in going about their business with as little disturbance to their daily lives as possible. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office will handle the calls for service with this in mind and we will not disrupt an otherwise legal action unless it is a violation of law. This includes any infractions and violations that are observed at the time of our involvement or reported to us, if appropriate. Sheriff Kevin Beary remains committed with protecting and exercising all proper enforcement efforts to this end.

We are requesting that any reference regarding the location to call in tips be sent to www.cfcrimeline.com where the caller can click on Caylee’s photo and provide the information the caller feels is pertinent. We have made this request previously, but continue to see the telephone number advertised. We are making this request because the telephone lines are receiving calls that are clearly not regarding any viable tips, but are speculative and assisting sleuths who are offering their ideas, and occasionally it is also mistaken for the particular programs call-in line. Anyone wanting to provide monetary assistance can donate to Crimeline.

Posted 09.11.08 - 3:11pm Jim Solomons SAO Media Advisory 9/11/2008

Lawson Lamar
State Attorney
Ninth Judicial Circuit of Florida

415 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, Florida 32801
(407) 836-2400

PRESS RELEASE

Danielle Tavernier
Public Information Officer
(407) 836-2361

September 11, 2008

State of Florida vs. Casey Marie Anthony
Case # 2008-CF-13520
Case # 2008-CF-13521
Case # 2008-CF-13331

Charges were filed this morning in the criminal case against defendant Casey Marie Anthony. Additional information regarding court dates will be provided at a later date. Attached are the charging documents.

No calculation has or will be made on potential sentences if these charges result in convictions.

While the State understands the importance of this information to the community, this office does not want to create the type of publicity that would lead to a change of venue. Therefore, we will not comment further on the case itself.

Remember, these charges are only allegations and do not constitute a proof of guilt. Ms. Anthony has the right to a trial by jury and is cloaked with the presumption of innocence.

Until legal discovery is disclosed to the defense, there are no public records.

We are requesting that any reference regarding the location to call in tips be sent to www.cfcrimeline.com where the caller can click on Caylee’s photo and provide the information the caller feels is pertinent. We have made this request previously, but continue to see the telephone number advertised. We are making this request because the telephone lines are receiving calls that are clearly not regarding any viable tips, but are speculative and assisting sleuths who are offering their ideas, and occasionally it is also mistaken for the particular programs call-in line. Anyone wanting to provide monetary assistance can donate to Crimeline.

That last paragraph is an extremely important one that I think every WS'r should be made aware of as they sleuth this case and feel that their speculations warrant calling in. Maybe make a sticky out of the paragraph?

Just an opinion... we want to help LE as much as possible, so their request to send when speculative tips is to do it via that website and not tie up their lines.

What does this say to you potentially about her venue being changed or not? I almost think this is admission that it needs to be (or they want it to be??)
What are your thoughts?

Danielle Tavernier
Public Information Officer
(407) 836-2361

September 11, 2008

State of Florida vs. Casey Marie Anthony
Case # 2008-CF-13520
Case # 2008-CF-13521
Case # 2008-CF-13331

Charges were filed this morning in the criminal case against defendant Casey Marie Anthony. Additional information regarding court dates will be provided at a later date. Attached are the charging documents.

No calculation has or will be made on potential sentences if these charges result in convictions.

While the State understands the importance of this information to the community, this office does not want to create the type of publicity that would lead to a change of venue. Therefore, we will not comment further on the case itself.

Remember, these charges are only allegations and do not constitute a proof of guilt. Ms. Anthony has the right to a trial by jury and is cloaked with the presumption of innocence.

Until legal discovery is disclosed to the defense, there are no public records.

###

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back