"this young lady has definitely got a bit of a criminal past."

jbar

Just My Opinion
Reaction score
"All I know is that there's additional charges because this young lady has definitely got a bit of a criminal past." Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17377729/detail.html

Huh? WHAT does this comment mean? What a weird statement to make to a reporter?

Prior to all of this, she did not have any problems with the law did she? And what kind of explanation is that for current charges? Is he implying that they are charging her frivolously because of current suspected criminal activity? I would think they would charge based on current evidence, not criminal past.... and that frivolous charges would harm, not help... confused!!

This comment as me going.... :waitasec:

"All I know is that there's additional charges because this young lady has definitely got a bit of a criminal past," Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said.

Very obvious that she is involved in criminal activity that we do not know about. They probably have more they have not charged her with..I mean after all she pretended to have a job for like over a year..she had to be stealing from all over the place..her Friends and acquaintances might just be putting 2 & 2 together since her daughter went missing and having light bulb moments and reporting all kinds of things to the detectives..JMO

What I got from his statement, is that we only know the very tip of the iceberg. The deeper they dig, the more they are finding out. SHOCKING:clap:

"All I know is that there's additional charges because this young lady has definitely got a bit of a criminal past." Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17377729/detail.html

Huh? WHAT does this comment mean? What a weird statement to make to a reporter?

Prior to all of this, she did not have any problems with the law did she? And what kind of explanation is that for current charges? Is he implying that they are charging her frivolously because of current suspected criminal activity? I would think they would charge based on current evidence, not criminal past.... and that frivolous charges would harm, not help... confused!!

This comment as me going.... :waitasec:

I think he's just talking about her history of forgery, stealing money from friends etc. Then again, maybe there is more to her history that has not been stated yet.

remember, juvie charges can be sealed when you turn 18!

i also have a feeling that the parents covered for her many times so she wouldn't be charged with anything. i'm sure LE talked with neighbors and friends enough to have found out stuff she was never charged with but did.

These are not what I would call "frivolous charges". She stole checks and maybe ID also and then used those checks to steal ALL the money this girl had in her account...I bet she does not feel that these felony counts committed against her are in any way frivolous...

Remember someone posted a list of all the LE assistence calls to the Anthony's home over the years.
Wonder if they were all Casey related?

maybe some here are right in their assumptions about hooking and such. keep piling the charges on LE!!

I read (somewhere on here today) that she does have a juvie record, but it's sealed.

It does make me wonder if he's talking about more than just thieving....bit of an overstatement if it's just recent criminal activity, because of the use of the words "criminal past"....but maybe he just didn't choose his words well. Why does everything have to confuse me in this case???

These are not what I would call "frivolous charges". She stole checks and maybe ID also and then used those checks to steal ALL the money this girl had in her account...I bet she does not feel that these felony counts committed against her are in any way frivolous...

UNFORTUNATELY, if this was a first time offense & brought to the District Attorney's Office they like many in our country due to overloaded case files could find themselves recommending that the victim file a civil case. My family had an incident where more than $80,000 had been stolen from them through a partner using forgery, wire fraud, conversion of assets, etc. the data was brought to both the local country District Attorney's Office as well as the state's Attorney General's Office. Nope both passed wouldn't take the case & file criminal charges.

4 years later, lots of $$$$$$ later the case was settled & the criminal received some value due to it's being a partnership involved. You may think we are protected by such offenses but WE AREN'T always especially if it is a first offense or only involves one individual. Very often there has to be more than one incident reported indicating that there is the need to PROTECT THE PUBLIC AT LARGE, I think may actually be the subject being addressed with these comments. It has been determined that it is obvious that KC is just that kind of criminal. JMHO

Very obvious that she is involved in criminal activity that we do not know about. They probably have more they have not charged her with..I mean after all she pretended to have a job for like over a year..she had to be stealing from all over the place..her Friends and acquaintances might just be putting 2 & 2 together since her daughter went missing and having light bulb moments and reporting all kinds of things to the detectives..JMO

Let's not forget the 7 or so 911 calls from the Anthony household over the past few years. God knows what they were all about - Casey in trouble or Casey not towing Cindy's line? Maybe George didn't jump fast enough, who knows?

Just my opinion.

What I got from his statement, is that we only know the very tip of the iceberg. The deeper they dig, the more they are finding out. SHOCKING:clap:

At this point, can you really be shocked by anything?

Lots of SHOCKING things to come...Dig deeper - I agree - :woohoo:

Unfortunately, considering the charges she may be facing, and in this day and age, economical crimes like this, really, under $5000?? - they are, in the big picture, NOT considered a big deal.

If she was not in jail with other charges and "a person of interest" in a missing child investigation, she would be out right now, and once she went to see the judge about this, she would likely get probation.

I think he's just talking about her history of forgery, stealing money from friends etc. Then again, maybe there is more to her history that has not been stated yet.
How about the $25,000 = dollars stolen from her parents and the money stolen from her dear old grand dad?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back