1212 users online (255 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bail paid on all but child neglect charge-why?

Casey Anthony will not appear in court this morning at the Orange County Jail. Overnight, Anthony's bail was paid on all charges, except the child neglect charge that carries a more than $500,000 bond. Because the child neglect charge has not been paid, Anthony will remain behind bars, jail spokesman Allen Moore said.

I don't get it why would someone pay bail for everything but the child neglect? Knowing she couldn't get out of jail. What is the point? Anyone know?

No clue. That's very strange, imo. Thanks for posting it.
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

I think it sends a very clear message.

maybe becasue they couldn't come up with that kind of money?

Quote Originally Posted by mommaearth View Post
    Casey Anthony will not appear in court this morning at the Orange County Jail. Overnight, Anthony's bail was paid on all charges, except the child neglect charge that carries a more than $500,000 bond. Because the child neglect charge has not been paid, Anthony will remain behind bars, jail spokesman Allen Moore said.

I don't get it why would someone pay bail for everything but the child neglect? Knowing she couldn't get out of jail. What is the point? Anyone know?
    The $50,000 (10% of $500,000) fee to a bond agent is non refundable. It is the fee to the person placing the bond. My guess is that family and/or friends were able to put up the other bond money, or pay the 10% to a bondsman to do it, on the other charges. But who would have $50,000 to bond her out? Remember you do not get the fee back.

Think they are going to try and negotiate with LeoP to get her out again? Nice, you've made bail! You get to stay in jail. Enjoy your cell!

Seems pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmama View Post
    I think it sends a very clear message.
    Ok - I'm still on my 1st cup of coffee - What is the clear message??

Quote Originally Posted by GizzySmith View Post
    The $50,000 (10% of $500,000) fee to a bond agent is non refundable. It is the fee to the person placing the bond. My guess is that family and/or friends were able to put up the other bond money, or pay the 10% to a bondsman to do it, on the other charges. But who would have $50,000 to bond her out? Remember you do not get the fee back.
    Yeah but why bother paying the lower bond if Casey is going to have to sit in jail anyway because of the bond for child neglect?

Lp did say that if she reveals the location of Caylee, he'll bail her out so she can be home while waiting for trial.

"Padilla's offer does not come without stipulation. He will only reinstate the bond after Casey tells investigators where the body of her little girl is and the body is recovered."

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

Is there any chance they will have to drop the child neglect charges ?

Maybe the big shot lawyer took the case and there is something going on..

remember LP stated last night that if Casey *actually* tells LE where Caylee's body is, he will bail her out again!

So whoever paid the recent bonds may be hoping this is the case...

any mention about the new fraud charges that came out yesterday? Bond may need to still be paid on those too!

If you dont get that money back (which is true) why in the world would you pay the bond on the other charges? Your not getting anything from it besides an empty bank account..........
    A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I suspect family members did the bond for the lesser charges. LP was on TV last night saying he may bond Casey out again IF she will tell Caylee's location.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana View Post
    Yeah but why bother paying the lower bond if Casey is going to have to sit in jail anyway because of the bond for child neglect?
    That's what I don't understand. Is there some benefit to paying the bond on one charge if you can't get out because of bond on another charge?

ETA: There's a fee on any bond for bail that is non-refundable? Like the $50k on the $500,000?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast