1032 users online (198 members and 834 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chloroform Parties - Inhalent Abuse

Chloroform Parties - Inhalent Abuse
    Found this link while googling - no way to know how credible it is but it's interesting as it suggests different ways chloroform can be inhaled (e.g. poured on a tee shirt) which I hadn't heard of.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=56673

More on inhalent abuse in the U.S.

http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs07/708/index.htm

Personally, I am thinking this (chloroform parties) could be one explanation for the search for chloroform on a computer and maybe that is what LE is investigating?

“Do you not know that there comes a midnight hour when every one has to throw off his mask? Do you believe that life will always let itself be mocked? Do you think you can slip away a little before midnight in order to avoid this? Or are you not terrified by it?" - Soren Kierkegaard

"sudden sniffer's death".

I searched chloroform on google and came upon a site that said they were taking my ip adress and reporting me to the authorities or something to that effect.

Anyway, I found this info...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroform

In the United States, chloroform began to replace ether as an anesthetic at the beginning of the 20th century; however, it was quickly abandoned in favor of ether upon discovery of its toxicity, especially its tendency to cause fatal cardiac arrhythmia analogous to what is now termed "sudden sniffer's death".

I know it's stretching things, but anything is possible here.
    Maybe that's what they were all doing one night and the guys thought it would be funny to watch Caylee get messed up, gave her too much, and she died.
    They all covered it up and that's why nobody is talking.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    "sudden sniffer's death".

I searched chloroform on google and came upon a site that said they were taking my ip adress and reporting me to the authorities or something to that effect.

Anyway, I found this info...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroform

In the United States, chloroform began to replace ether as an anesthetic at the beginning of the 20th century; however, it was quickly abandoned in favor of ether upon discovery of its toxicity, especially its tendency to cause fatal cardiac arrhythmia analogous to what is now termed "sudden sniffer's death".
    I had wondered about the use of chloroform as a recreational drug. If that was the reason it was in the trunk, it certainly would not be good for Caylee to have been exposed to it, but it might point to the fact that it was not actually used on her as a sleeping aid nor as an agent of death.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

perhaps the container of it spilled, or she got into it while mommy was on the phone...?

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Holy Moly!! LIVE AND LEARN!!

I never heard of this.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

I find it unlikely that it was being used to party with. That sounds like a fairytail that someone is trying to spin to me. We have been told that Casey really wasn't a drug user besides pot now and then....unless I missed something. Chloroform just doesn't fit.

I think there must be another reason why it was in the trunk of that car and it keeps bothering me about the "cleaning fluid" that GA mentioned earlier.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan's Mom View Post
    I know it's stretching things, but anything is possible here.
    Maybe that's what they were all doing one night and the guys thought it would be funny to watch Caylee get messed up, gave her too much, and she died.
    They all covered it up and that's why nobody is talking.

If they were having these kinds of parties it would not surprise me in the least.
    Some of the things people put in their bodies would shock the chit right out of you.
    I used to work with a guy that dipped cigarettes in embalming fluid

"Casey Anthony has no soul"~ from my good friend Lacey

Michael Baden was on Fox earlier and mentioned chloroform parties where kids are given chloroform so that their parents can go out and party and that KC fit the criteria for that. I'm off to find a link...

Unhappy

In the 90's a remember people taking "ruffies" rohypnol , not sure of the spelling..put in catatonic states. Used for fun and as a date rape drug..I guess the days of a little weed and booze just are gone..

FOX reported around the 1pm hour CST that SIGNIFICANT amounts of cloroform have been found in Casey's car.

Then they said that 'Party Cloroform' is being used by moms who want to party to get their kids to sleep.

I think we have our answer.

Oh! MY! I sure hope it wasn't used for such a thing. I knew it was a possibility from the discussions we have had about the xanax and all...but chloroform maybe being used on that baby just makes my skin crawl.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by mindyme View Post
    FOX reported around the 1pm hour CST that SIGNIFICANT amounts of cloroform have been found in Casey's car.

Then they said that 'Party Cloroform' is being used by moms who want to party to get their kids to sleep.

I think we have our answer.
    I do not even want to think of that, too sad, that CA (possibly) or any mom for that matter submitting there their child to this. Grow up and take responsibility for the child you gave life. ok ok I am getting off my soap box now.

So she could have died from the chloroform, or perhaps she was left in the car while under the influence of chloroform and overheated. Sad...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast