Asian Elephant Cured of Heroin Addiction in Rehab

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
BEIJING - An Asian elephant that became addicted to heroin at the hands of illegal traders will return home after a three-year rehab program, Chinese state media said Thursday.
<SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['GaMWF0wNBmc-']='&U=13f02kcbh%2fN%3dGaMWF0wNBmc-%2fC%3d571921.12951085.13176694.1414694%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5166954%2fV%3d1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
Xiguang, a 4-year-old male Asian elephant, became addicted after he was captured by smugglers along the Chinese-Myanmar border in March 2005. The traders fed the elephant bananas laced with heroin as bait and to pacify the creature, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

More at link

http://tickermyfeed.com/news.php/MHx8ZnJlZQ==/asian_elephant_cured_in_rehab_of_heroin_addiction

Okay, y'all - I know this isn't funny, but when I read the headline, I laughed out loud!

Very sad for the elephant.,..darn drug people. I hate people like this. Leave animals and children alone!!!!

Im glad they have detoxed the elephant as it could have led to a life of crime or prostitution to pay for its drugs.

Wonder if his after care will require him to attend NA meetings?

Before reading the article I thought what heroin addict would share their dope? Let alone with an elephant?

Poor guy. I couldn't see the link, but I am wondering if they gave the poor guy methadone? What kind of human beings would do that to an animal? Oh, yeah nasty people who abuse them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back