780 users online (71 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

Inventor creates dog diapers

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — Dogs may no longer be the butt of their owners' jokes, thanks to Frank Morosky.
    Morosky, owner of Flat-D Innovations, has developed a product to reduce the odor of flatulence in dogs.

Two years ago, Morosky, who runs the business with his partner, Brian Conant in Hawaii, developed a similar product for people. He said he could only laugh when people first asked if he could make it work for dogs.

"For a year, we said, 'No, that's stupid. Nobody would buy that for a dog,'" Morosky said.

But Morosky changed his mind after a customer asked him to custom make a pair of full underwear using his material. It was during that project that he realized making charcoal-lined panties for dogs might just work.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...-diapers_x.htm

Oh good grief, someone actually wants dog diapers??!!
    OTOH, I did read awhile back that a lady in Canada was making diapers for DUCKS, so they could live in the house; LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo
    Oh good grief, someone actually wants dog diapers??!!
    OTOH, I did read awhile back that a lady in Canada was making diapers for DUCKS, so they could live in the house; LOL
    Well, Actually I use them, Peek..My doggie wets all the time if we are in a strange place/visiting, and sometimes at home if not taken out as soon as her feet hit the floor. She leaves lots of little puddles on the floor. I use baby disposable diapers for her..I cut a hole in it just a little bit to the back of center, lay her on her back, pull the diaper around her middle just as you would a baby, stand her back up, reach thru the opening I cut and pull out her tail thru the hole. It is the best idea I ever had!! Of course she tries to pull it off and sometime succeeds, but this has saved many a clean up at someone else's home. Works great for urine..not good for feces, so I usually wait to diaper her AFTER her morning "business". Just thought I would share this tidbit of info!! LOL! P.S. My doggie is a little Shih Tzu and easy to handle.

Kathleen... I need to see a photo of this please LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Kathleen... I need to see a photo of this please LOL
    Well, Cass...I do not have one handy at the moment, but next time I make some photos (soon, as my soon graduates high school in May) I will "dress her up" and send it to ya! How's that??
    Kathleen

Perfect... I can wait... it's worth the wait to see the doggie diaper.

We had to do it a couple of times with our English setter who was in heat an 'spotting' it was like a bingo dabber on our floors evertime she sat down. Lord how she hated what we put on her.. lol she looked so dejected and drepressed with it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen
    Well, Actually I use them, Peek..My doggie wets all the time if we are in a strange place/visiting, and sometimes at home if not taken out as soon as her feet hit the floor. She leaves lots of little puddles on the floor. I use baby disposable diapers for her..I cut a hole in it just a little bit to the back of center, lay her on her back, pull the diaper around her middle just as you would a baby, stand her back up, reach thru the opening I cut and pull out her tail thru the hole. It is the best idea I ever had!! Of course she tries to pull it off and sometime succeeds, but this has saved many a clean up at someone else's home. Works great for urine..not good for feces, so I usually wait to diaper her AFTER her morning "business". Just thought I would share this tidbit of info!! LOL! P.S. My doggie is a little Shih Tzu and easy to handle.
    My apologies to all concerned!! I know very little about dogs; haven't had one around since the 70's..I always had cats (whether I wanted them or not, LOL). I do remember people having trouble when they were in heat, or just were little puddle-makers, tho. Kathleen, I'd like to see a pic of your doggie, too. How cute!!

Last night at my daughter's soccer game two families had those toy dogs. A tiny version of what looked like it was supposed to be a Doberman Pincer and a tiny version of a poodle or something similar. These two looked like combined they didn't weigh 5 pounds. They were trying to start a fight with each other, but they were pretty unconvicing. Everyone was laughing so hard at them. My German Shepherd pretty much ignored dogs like that - sorta like they're not worth his time responding. LOL