Inventor creates dog diapers

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) — Dogs may no longer be the butt of their owners' jokes, thanks to Frank Morosky.
Morosky, owner of Flat-D Innovations, has developed a product to reduce the odor of flatulence in dogs.

Two years ago, Morosky, who runs the business with his partner, Brian Conant in Hawaii, developed a similar product for people. He said he could only laugh when people first asked if he could make it work for dogs.

"For a year, we said, 'No, that's stupid. Nobody would buy that for a dog,'" Morosky said.

But Morosky changed his mind after a customer asked him to custom make a pair of full underwear using his material. It was during that project that he realized making charcoal-lined panties for dogs might just work.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-04-22-dog-diapers_x.htm

Oh good grief, someone actually wants dog diapers??!! :eek:
OTOH, I did read awhile back that a lady in Canada was making diapers for DUCKS, so they could live in the house; LOL :crazy:

Peekaboo said:
Oh good grief, someone actually wants dog diapers??!! :eek:
OTOH, I did read awhile back that a lady in Canada was making diapers for DUCKS, so they could live in the house; LOL :crazy:
Well, Actually I use them, Peek..My doggie wets all the time if we are in a strange place/visiting, and sometimes at home if not taken out as soon as her feet hit the floor. She leaves lots of little puddles on the floor. I use baby disposable diapers for her..I cut a hole in it just a little bit to the back of center, lay her on her back, pull the diaper around her middle just as you would a baby, stand her back up, reach thru the opening I cut and pull out her tail thru the hole. It is the best idea I ever had!! Of course she tries to pull it off and sometime succeeds, but this has saved many a clean up at someone else's home. Works great for urine..not good for feces, so I usually wait to diaper her AFTER her morning "business". Just thought I would share this tidbit of info!! LOL! P.S. My doggie is a little Shih Tzu and easy to handle.

:p Kathleen... I need to see a photo of this please LOL

Casshew said:
:p Kathleen... I need to see a photo of this please LOL
Well, Cass...I do not have one handy at the moment, but next time I make some photos (soon, as my soon graduates high school in May) I will "dress her up" and send it to ya! How's that??
Kathleen

Perfect... I can wait... it's worth the wait to see the doggie diaper.

We had to do it a couple of times with our English setter who was in heat an 'spotting' it was like a bingo dabber on our floors evertime she sat down. Lord how she hated what we put on her.. lol she looked so dejected and drepressed with it on.

Kathleen said:
Well, Actually I use them, Peek..My doggie wets all the time if we are in a strange place/visiting, and sometimes at home if not taken out as soon as her feet hit the floor. She leaves lots of little puddles on the floor. I use baby disposable diapers for her..I cut a hole in it just a little bit to the back of center, lay her on her back, pull the diaper around her middle just as you would a baby, stand her back up, reach thru the opening I cut and pull out her tail thru the hole. It is the best idea I ever had!! Of course she tries to pull it off and sometime succeeds, but this has saved many a clean up at someone else's home. Works great for urine..not good for feces, so I usually wait to diaper her AFTER her morning "business". Just thought I would share this tidbit of info!! LOL! P.S. My doggie is a little Shih Tzu and easy to handle.

My apologies to all concerned!! I know very little about dogs; haven't had one around since the 70's..I always had cats (whether I wanted them or not, LOL). I do remember people having trouble when they were in heat, or just were little puddle-makers, tho. :D Kathleen, I'd like to see a pic of your doggie, too. How cute!!

Last night at my daughter's soccer game two families had those toy dogs. A tiny version of what looked like it was supposed to be a Doberman Pincer and a tiny version of a poodle or something similar. These two looked like combined they didn't weigh 5 pounds. They were trying to start a fight with each other, but they were pretty unconvicing. Everyone was laughing so hard at them. My German Shepherd pretty much ignored dogs like that - sorta like they're not worth his time responding. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back