GUILTY CA - Jazzmin Davis, 15, abused, starved to death, Antioch, 2 Sept 2008

Columbo

Reaction score
It's just too sad, and sickening. The dead girl had a twin brother but he lived, although he was abused, too.
Look at this monster's picture at the article site. I don't get it...how could anyone turn 2 children over to the care of someone who looks this mean?

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_10372873?source=rss

Update 9-4: The autopsy so far has shown that she was malnourished and abused for years--burned with irons, beaten with plastic and rope belts, and electrical wires. Her twin brother was also abused and he is providing police with information about the abuse.
This is just what I heard on tv--I looked for newspaper or video reports online but there isn't any available yet.

Shemeeka Davis of Antioch is under arrest for the murder of a 15 year old girl who was under her care.

The victims twin brother was found to be the victim of long term abuse by Davis as was her own 7 year old. The name of the young girl was not released as of yet.

How da*n sad is this? These poor kids.:(

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/03/BAPN12N7LQ.DTL

Couple of thoughts on this story....

First, is that the scariest, meanest, b*tch you ever saw? Can you imagine her coming after you in a rage? ~shudder~ Those poor kids....

Second, why would you refer to her (in the story) as: "All three had been under the care of Davis", ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??

The media really needs a lesson.....

She won't be getting anything now except a little tiny cell in prison. I hope the inmates are on her back all of the time. I hope she is treated just like she treated those kids. She is one scary looking witch.

Those poor kids. It's too bad that crazy witch didn't do herself in.

I don't post too much, but I started a thread on this topic a few days ago.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70261

The murderer, Shemeeka, was getting $13,104 per year to "take care of" the twins; $9,800 per year to take care of her mother (who lives in another town) and also was getting Section 8 money. I don't know anything about Section 8, but isn't that a pretty nice house for someone on Sec 8 ?
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_10383434?source=most_viewed

Columbo, I'm sorry I didn't do a search first. My apologies.:blowkiss:

WTH? The mom lives in another town.

Unfortunately I know all too much about Section 8. It's ruined my neighborhood. Put it this way: You work your hinney off to pay your mortgage. Some creep from another State or even your own city buys up property. They go Section 8 it. They get loot from the Government and then ya get Shemeeka there as your next door neighbor who pays nominal rent. Shemeeka then moves in everybody and their cousin into the house. Your're essentially screwed.:furious:

Now this woman is a scam artist and is bilking the goverment. She abuses everyone in her path and you what when she has loud parties? Throws garbage out the window? Has all kinds of people in and out night and day and you can't sleep and worry for your family? Oh and it's also interesting to watch the cable company come and no doubt Shemeeka gets take out often while you watch your budget because your hard earned money can't be spent on such luxuries?

Meanwhile the tradgedy is a little girl is murdered and other children have been hurt. Sorry, about the Section 8 lesson. Sore spot with me. Oh and no matter how nice the house it won't be left that way, trust me. Edit to say this is not every single person who is housed on Section 8. Not everyone but a hellah lot.

hi, Filly, Hey no problem!! it happens--the title I put on my thread might not have been as definitive as yours was....and thank you for your explanation of Section 8. I had no idea.
I feel so sorry for Jasmine. If only she had had the strength or means to escape this witch!

Jazzmin Davis and her twin brother

15-year-old girl in foster care with her aunt Shemeeka Davis since infancy, died of malnutrition exacerbated by multiple blunt-force injuries and burns. Jazzmin weighing only 78 pounds, was laced with scars and wounds that stretched from her feet to her fingertips. She had multiple burns that appeared to be from a clothes iron on her chest and stomach, a tangle of scars on her neck that extended to her cheek and five broken teeth that "were probably struck by some type of hard object. She was in the care of her aunt together with her twin brother who was also severely abused.
Date: 2008-09-02
Placement type: Foster care
Type of abuse: Non-lethal physical abuse, Lethal physical abuse, Lethal deprivation
Abuser: Foster mother
United States

http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/20820

Jazzmin Davis and her twin brother

15-year-old girl in foster care with her aunt Shemeeka Davis since infancy, died of malnutrition exacerbated by multiple blunt-force injuries and burns. Jazzmin weighing only 78 pounds, was laced with scars and wounds that stretched from her feet to her fingertips. She had multiple burns that appeared to be from a clothes iron on her chest and stomach, a tangle of scars on her neck that extended to her cheek and five broken teeth that "were probably struck by some type of hard object. She was in the care of her aunt together with her twin brother who was also severely abused.
Date: 2008-09-02
Placement type: Foster care
Type of abuse: Non-lethal physical abuse, Lethal physical abuse, Lethal deprivation
Abuser: Foster mother
United States

http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/20820

'anitoch california' :waitasec:

i wonder if her and the garridos prayed together......

Can't locate any trial or criminal record info. Maybe she has a different legal name.

How the heck did this lady's family not notice what was going on!!1 AHHHH I WANT TO SCREAM!!!! WTF is wrong with people who stand by...Let me be in a jail cell with this lady!! She would not know what hit her!!

More blood on the hands Of CPS!!! THey need to be fired and have people who CARE about children work there.

Can't locate any trial or criminal record info. Maybe she has a different legal name.

Hi B, that happens alot. I'll go back to old posts to see what the outcome of a trial is or if there's a plea or whatever and I find nada.

Not sure if this woman has more than one name. Thank you though for caring and looking it up.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/28164172/detail.html

Posted: 6:26 pm PDT June 7, 2011

Trial Begins In Antioch Foster Mom Torture Case

Davis has entered a dual plea of not guilty and not guilty by reason of insanity, which means the trial will be held in two phases, the first to determine whether she was guilty and the second to determine whether she was legally sane at the time.

From January 2012:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_19689187

In Jazzmin Davis' final journal entries, written a year before the 15-year-old died in 2008 of long-term child abuse, the Antioch girl focused on her attempts to please the foster mother ultimately convicted of her murder...

Shemeeka Davis sobbed heavily throughout the hearing at which she was sentenced to 25 years to life by Judge Susanne Fenstermacher for killing Jazzmin and life in prison with the possibility of parole for torturing Jazzmin's twin brother...

Jazzmin's twin... received a $4 million settlement from the San Francisco Human Services Agency for its negligence in supervising the twins' foster care. The Antioch school district paid him $750,000 and overhauled its policy on tracking students who drop from attendance records... "There's a fraction of children who survive that level of child abuse," Jallepalli said. "This young person is broken. The level of abuse he suffered -- the level of neglect -- he will never be the same."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back