Protestors already gathering at Anthony home in anticipation of CA release from jail.

QuickAttack

Former Member
Reaction score
Orange County, Fla. -- Soon after we reported Casey was going to get out of jail supporters and protestors stood outside of the Anthony family home. Neighbors are now concerned once Casey Anthony comes back to her parents’ home on Hopespring Drive, everyone's safety will be at risk.

Casey Anthony supporters said, “You people cannot convict her before she’s had a trial.”

Protestors said, “she will be proven guilty in the end.”

Even neighbors, who are tired of the circus in their community, got involved. They don’t want to see the kind of demonstration that broke out last Friday, the same day Casey Anthony was returned to jail on theft charges.

One neighbor said she’s really upset at Casey’s latest chance at freedom. She said the missing toddler’s mother belongs in jail.

More: http://www.wftv.com/news/17397003/detail.html

My thoughts: I am one of those people (perhaps the minority on this board) who believes in the rights of citizens to gather and protest peacefully. I do not condone knocking on the Anthonys' door, or getting into heated exchanges with members of the family. The right to peaceful assembly is one of the most fundamental constitutional rights we have, and I hate to see anyone saying that that right should be curtailed--in ANY situation, including this one.

I agree with you QuickAttack! The right to peaceful assembly is absolutely one of our most fundamental rights. I don't agree with protestors banging on the door either but if they want to gather on public property in front of the Anthony home, they have every right to do so!
Just glad that I am not their neighbors!

I agree with you QuickAttack! The right to peaceful assembly is absolutely one of our most fundamental rights. I don't agree with protestors banging on the door either but if they want to gather on public property in front of the Anthony home, they have every right to do so!
Just glad that I am not their neighbors!

:blowkiss:

I hope ten thousand people gather there and I hope that they protest until she is locked away AGAIN on a CAPITAL CRIME with NO BOND afforded her...I also hope that one of the ten thousand has the foresight to obtain a permit from the city/county, for a LEGAL demonstration...

GO DEMONSTRATORS!

Hi Quickie! I'm alive and well and back to discuss! I support the constitution 100 percent and do believe that she has a right to be out on bail until she is charged further.....but it still burns me up that she is going to be in the comfort of her own home...eating, showering, surfing the internet, primping and preening whenever and whatever she wants. All the while little Caylee is still out there abandoned, hurt, and alone. Just really really kills me.

If I lived in Florida I'd be protesting at Hopespring as well as that is MY constitutional right! If she gets to have hers; others get to have theirs.

Casey may not be so lucky this time around. I've seen nothing but preotests on the local News this wk & demonstators going to jail...(Republican National Convention)

Casey is safe in jail...out of jail she may not be. The entire families attitude shows they are above the law! Most people resent that!

I also don't mind a peaceful demonstration.

Hi Quickie! I'm alive and well and back to discuss! I support the constitution 100 percent and do believe that she has a right to be out on bail until she is charged further.....but it still burns me up that she is going to be in the comfort of her own home...eating, showering, surfing the internet, primping and preening whenever and whatever she wants. All the while little Caylee is still out there abandoned, hurt, and alone. Just really really kills me.

If I lived in Florida I'd be protesting at Hopespring as well as that is MY constitutional right! If she gets to have hers; others get to have theirs.

YER BACK! :blowkiss:

I missed you!! I've had no power until tonight...so glad to be back online after Gustav.

It hurts me too, to know that Caylee's little body is out there being defiled by insects, mold, wild animals. And I'd be right beside you protesting.

:hug:

Casey may not be so lucky this time around. I've seen nothing but preotests on the local News this wk & demonstators going to jail...(Republican National Convention)

Casey is safe in jail...out of jail she may not be. The entire families attitude shows they are above the law! Most people resent that!

I also don't mind a peaceful demonstration.

Yeah....I don't know who's gonna run interference for her this time, since the Dick guy isn't there anymore, and LP has pulled up his RV and scooted.

I agree with you on why people are protesting...it is infuriating that the family is so scornful of the law and its representatives.

YER BACK! :blowkiss:

I missed you!! I've had no power until tonight...so glad to be back online after Gustav.

It hurts me too, to know that Caylee's little body is out there being defiled by insects, mold, wild animals. And I'd be right beside you protesting.

:hug:

I missed you too! I'm glad that you are okay! Are people really already gathering? I take a certain pride in the power of the public and freedom of speech. Casey does not deserve one minute of peace until she allows Caylee to rest in it.

:sick:

Now I'm torn...On the chat with TP and LP, they seem to think there's a chance Casey will be re-arrested, maybe even before she gets outta jail. Torn because I'd almost like to see her arrive home with the protestors outside and her daring to wear her "Have you seen me" Caylee shirt. Hmmmm.

NEW ARTICLE ON PROTESTORS:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Neighbors are fed up with people camped out on their street, and many seem to have strong opinions.

"You're gawking at a house where she ain't even at," a neighbor yelled.

A man who calls himself "Kadge" went to the Anthonys' home in support of Casey Anthony being released from jail.

The man said he is support Casey Anthony "because she's been made out a liar, that's why she's a baby killer? I think Casey should be freed. I think innocent until proven guilty and I think we will find out she is innocent."

Standing alone, he took on a group of people who spent the day out looking for any sign Caylee.

MORE: http://www.wesh.com/news/17397542/detail.html

It is a shame though that her neighbors have to go through all this. I understand everyone's right to peacefully protest, but I couldn't imagine that happening in my neighborhood. It also depends- some neighborhoods have homeowner's associations and the such that can ask people to leave if they are trespassing.

"Casey Anthony supporters"? Who dat? Maybe they'll hire from Central Casting.

Now I'm torn...On the chat with TP and LP, they seem to think there's a chance Casey will be re-arrested, maybe even before she gets outta jail. Torn because I'd almost like to see her arrive home with the protestors outside and her daring to wear her "Have you seen me" Caylee shirt. Hmmmm.

Arrested for what?

*Kadge* is probably wearing a tin foil headpiece and a carrying a sign about the CIA burrowing into his brain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back