Daily updates - Friday, Sept. 5

Reaction score
It has been so helpful to have the daily update thread that I just thought I would start one.

can someone please summarize the latest developments here? I am so confused about all this bond posting, Casey getting out, etc.

Baez arrives at 10:08 EST

Casey out at 10:12 EST

Source of collateral for both of the bonds was GA & CA

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- Casey Anthony, the mother of a missing 3-year-old Orlando girl, will again leave jail after her $500,000 bond was posted by two Central Florida bonds agencies on Thursday.

<<MacDoanld Bail Bonds of Kissimmee posted $250,000 and the Von Waldner Bail Bond Agency posted $250,000 as a transfer bond from Miller Bail Bonds in Kissimmee . It is not known if an individual or group put up the money to the bonds groups.>>

Baez arrives at 10:08 EST

Casey out at 10:12 EST

Source of collateral for both of the bonds was GA & CA
No press? Thanks for posting, PH, lets hope CS is filing some "stuff" this morning. Can you say x parte?

They pulled into the garage.

No press? Thanks for posting, PH, lets hope CS is filing some "stuff" this morning. Can you say x parte?

Blink, do you think an ex parte decision can or will be made today? Fingers crossed on that one.

ETA: Will this decision have anything to do with a guardian ad litem being established?

Blink, do you think an ex parte decision can or will be made today? Fingers crossed on that one.

ETA: Will this decision have anything to do with a guardian ad litem being established?
Tell us doodoos what this x parte thing is and would mean?

I don't know how they can look at their daughter without wanting to smash her face in. My mother would be so angry at me if I lost or possibly murdered my son and then made up so many lies, she would have let me sit in jail until I spoke. I just don't really understand these people.

This whole thing is maddening. The neighbors have to be more beside themselves than us.

Hi all - I really didn't know 'where' to post this stuff - but I guess this Daily will have to do - there are SO many threads here!!??!! :crazy: anyway - I was reading the transcripts from the Nancy Grace show, and noticed a couple of things:
from the 9/2 show where Cindy says:
Grace: Did she tell all along that Caylee was at the amusement park, that Caylee was with you, that caylee was at these various places and none of that was true.
C. Anthony: No. What she told the sheriff's dept. all along was that she was kidnapped by Zenaida and you know--and that's what she's maintained. She told, you know, some things during the month of
June because she was trying to look for her and tried to get her back herself.

sooo...she KNEW in JUNE Caylee was gone - i.e. her post of July 3rd that people have posted!!??!!

also on 9/3 transcript - w items:

GRACE: To John Lucich, former investigator and author of "Cyber Lies" -- John, there is such a thing as accessory after the fact, but they would have to do a lot more than just believe what Casey Anthony is telling them. They would have to actively hide evidence or mislead cops, as Rockwell just said.

JOHN LUCICH, INVESTIGATOR, AUTHOR OF "CYBER LIES": Yes, like the time she pulled off pants out of the car and then washed them. She would have been locked up at that point.

GRACE: Now, now, I disagree with that. Yes, it may have held evidence, but at that juncture, why was she to believe that there was forensic evidence on a pair of pants?

LUCICH: Oh, wait a second, this is a car that this woman just said that she thinks there`s a dead body in there and the first thing she did was tamper with evidence. That`s exactly what this woman did when she pulled that pair of pants out of it, took it home, and washed it before the cops found out about it.

I think that that right there, they should have done something and for some reason, they didn`t. She tampered with the crime scene.

maybe LE is charging Cindy (and/or George) with obstruction of justice - so that is why they need a Defense lawyer for themselves??

and then here:

GRACE: OK. Speaking of the boyfriend, I want to go back out to Natisha Lance, our producer there at the search command center.

What did you learn from Anthony Lazzaro?

LANCE: Well, I spoke to Anthony Lazzaro today, Nancy, and he told me a little bit about the Amscot where Casey abandoned that car. He was actually the person who picked Casey up after she abandoned the car.

He said that she had called him late that morning, said that her car had run out of gas, that this is nothing that was unusual, her car had run out of gas before. He went to go pick her up. She was already standing outside of the vehicle with groceries in her arms.

He said, is there anything I need to look at? And she said, oh no, don`t worry about it, my dad was going to take care of it. He brought her back to the apartment and he said that she stayed there for the rest of the afternoon.

Now he went on vacation a few days after this and he even spoke to her again and asked her, did your dad, you know, take care of the car? And she said, yes, my dad took care of the car, he took it to a dealership, they`re working on it, they`re going to find -- I`m going to get a new car, they`re going to trade it in.

And he -- the interesting thing that he said is that she gave specific information, specific information in terms of where the car was taken, even the names of people who worked on the car.

But as we know, that car was never taken to any type of dealership to get worked on because it was at that Amscot, and it was towed away.

GRACE: That`s incredibly elaborate lies.

Definitely an incrediby elaborate of lies!!!

okay - one more - that makes you go - hmmmmm???!!!

PADILLA: Nancy, have your producer go back and talk to Lazzaro about what time he picked her up with the groceries? Because the lady, Mrs. Sanchez that manages that store says the car was there at 7:00 a.m. that morning of the 27th.

GRACE: So her car was already there out of gas at 7:00 a.m.?

PADILLA: Yes. That`s what Mrs. Sanchez said in her statement to the law enforcement. So how did Lazzaro pick her up?

GRACE: How do you run out of gas at 7:00 a.m. unless you left your car late there the night before?

PADILLA: Correct. So have your producer go back to Lazzaro and ask him what time and -- you know what the groceries were about.

GRACE: Will do.

sooo... did the producer go back and ask Anthony 'what' time he picked up Casey at the her car?? Guess I'll have to find the next day's transcript, eh??!!

Mark Furman on Fox News Channel right now (the national fox channel)

Mark sounds convinced chloroform was used for cleaning or on Caylee, ruling out huffing it since she was researching it on her computer. If they were huffing it, it would be with a group and they already should know what to do with it or how.

It looks like Fox news is finally back to covering this case. Mark F is on the morning show now talking about the chloroform. And Dr, baden was on earlier. Both seem to feel that she used the chloroform to try and make the child sleep while she partied. Mark also seems to be savaging grandma's lies and stories. He is predicting that unless she opens up and gives some details to mitigate it, she WILL be charged with first degree murder at this point.

Tell us doodoos what this x parte thing is and would mean?

Advance caveat: I have no legal background or experience whatsoever, so like many of you, I am researching and trying to educate myself as I go along trying to understand this horrifying case.

I found you a 'plain english defintion here http://en.mimi.hu/law/ex_parte.html. There are many other definitions here, but this one is easy to understand:
'ex parte (ex PART ee) On behalf of only one party, without notice to any other party. E.g., request for a search warrant is an ex parte proceeding since person subject to the search is not notified of proceeding.'

So, what we're all hoping for is that some sort of filing will occur today in which the other party, (Casey in this case), is not notified. And that the judge will allow this, and further proceedings will occur.

(I am hoping that one of the more experienced WS'ers will jump in here and either add to this or correct me if I misconstrued anything.)

Did anyone hear Mark say that Casey had bought airline tickets for TonE, Ricardo and someone else??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back