The Petition in the Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverRat

Patsy Ramsey to the Left
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/city...2837578,00.html

April 26, 2004

The JonBenet cyber-sleuths are coming to the town where it all started.

A handful of members on the Web site Forums for Justice, which targets John and Patsy Ramsey in the 1996 slaying of their 6-year-old daughter, will be in Boulder and Denver this week trying to persuade Gov. Bill Owens to appoint a special prosecutor to the unsolved case.

The members will come from as far as New York and Florida to present a petition for a special prosecutor, echoing last week's request by Fleet White, a former friend of the Ramseys.

"This is great because it's going to be a one-two punch," said Tricia Griffith, a Utah resident who launched Forums for Justice after JonBenet's death. But Griffith said the two requests are unrelated.

She started the online petition last May, and it has gathered 1,407 signatures. It's more than she expected, she said.

"I thought, 'Boy, it's going to be really hard to get 500 signatures because everybody has moved on,'" she recalled.

Many people have "moved on." The number of Web sites dedicated to the slain Boulder girl, a child pageant queen, have thinned out in recent years. But for some of the die-hards captivated by the case, a new local scandal has only added fuel to the fire.

Gov. Owens appointed a special prosecutor in February to investigate allegations that the University of Colorado used sex to lure football recruits. Owens' first-ever appointment of a special prosecutor should set a precedent and pave the way for one in the JonBenet case, say both Griffith and Fleet White.

Boulder County District Attorney Mary Keenan, who took over the Ramsey investigation from Boulder police in 2002, said there's no correlation between the two cases.

Keenan said she requested a special prosecutor in the CU case for three reasons: It spans multiple jurisdictions; it involves a state institution; and she became a "lightning rod" in the case because of accusations she made against CU's football program in sworn testimony for a civil lawsuit at the heart of the scandal.

"None of these things are true in the Ramsey case," Keenan said. "That's completely a Boulder County case. There's no reason for it to go anywhere else."

Owens has tended to agree. He has turned down previous requests for the Ramsey case, as did his predecessor, Roy Romer.

Owens spokesman Dan Hopkins said the Ramsey investigation and CU case are "two different situations," but he said the governor will "certainly take a look at their petition."

Lin Wood, the Ramseys' Atlanta attorney, said the back-to-back requests were insignificant. He called Fleet White unpredictable and the Forums for Justice members "totally irrelevant."

"These are people that are somehow strangers to a case who have become obsessed with it over the Internet," he said of the cyber-sleuths. "I don't think they have any credibility."

Forums for Justice members take issue with that characterization. "We're not obsessed crazies; we're normal people," Griffith said.

The members who will fly into Colorado on Wednesday and Thursday have known one another for seven years over the Internet, but for the most part have never met in person and have never come to Boulder, she said.
*snip*

The point is to show that a murdered child won't be forgotten and to take action in a case that has bothered them for years, Griffith said.

"To feel like you've done something, even if it's just flying out and walking up the steps of the Capitol and handing the petition to an aide, you can say, 'I did something,'" Griffith said. "'I'm not sitting back like everybody else did.'"

Contact Camera Staff Writer Amy Hebert at (303) 473-1329 or heberta@dailycamera.com.

RiverRat said:
Lin Wood, the Ramseys' Atlanta attorney, said the back-to-back requests were insignificant. He called Fleet White unpredictable and the Forums for Justice members "totally irrelevant."

"These are people that are somehow strangers to a case who have become obsessed with it over the Internet," he said of the cyber-sleuths. "I don't think they have any credibility."

If the Ramseys are innocent, Lin Wood should WELCOME a special prosecutor to the case. Heck. They should be pushing for it. Get a resolution to this case. Get out from under that stinking umbrella.

But NO. Team Ramsey wants to let sleeping dogs lie. They've got everyone gagged with "first strike" lawsuits, and a phony "investigation" deal with Keenan. They can't afford any case publicity with John trying to run for office. Even more, they can't afford for anyone to find out what REALLY happened to JonBenet.

IMO

Good take, Cherokee.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, though. Posting comments and opinions on the internet is one thing, but getting that personally involved seems kinda creepy to me. I don't know, it just leaves a funny feeling in my gut.

RiverRat said:
The JonBenet cyber-sleuths are coming to the town where it all started.

A handful of members on the Web site Forums for Justice, which targets John and Patsy Ramsey in the 1996 slaying of their 6-year-old daughter, will be in Boulder and Denver this week trying to persuade Gov. Bill Owens to appoint a special prosecutor to the unsolved case.

That's one small step for people with no lives that are obssessed (mispelling intended) with the internet, one giant leap for... for... ???

Good luck Tricia, I hope something good comes from your good efforts. Too bad the Ramsey case didn't have something to do with football.

One can't help but wonder WHY the RST is so upset about this development.

What difference should it make to anyone, especially the Ramseys WHO is investigating as long as it is getting investigated?

Why the need for ONLY Keenan's people to be involved?

I can't imagine why ANYONE wouldn't want all the investigators that can be gotten,... gotten?

An outside special investigator would be the best thing to happen for JBR. The RST has an investigation, and IF there is some reality in the intruder theory, you better believe that I, as BORG as I am, would pay attention if someone outside of Boulder, like the FBI told me that. I do not pay attention to the cronies' remarks about this case, especially when they are under the lawsuit threat of Lin Wood.

Why would anyone object to a special prosecutor?????????? :waitasec:

Makes you wonder what the panic is all about........hmmmm

There is no end to the lengths the RST will go to make the Ramseys even more suspicious and guilty looking. Here is just another example.

I don't know if Barbara considers me in the RST she mentions or not, but I'm not "upset about this development".

I'm satisfied with the present investigation being done by the Boulder DA office. If that investigation fails to find a resolution to the Ramsey case, I'll support a special prosecutor's investigation.

LovelyPigeon said:
I don't know if Barbara considers me in the RST she mentions or not, but I'm not "upset about this development".

I'm satisfied with the present investigation being done by the Boulder DA office. If that investigation fails to find a resolution to the Ramsey case, I'll support a special prosecutor's investigation.

LP...the killer has not been caught and brought to justice so how could you be satisfied???

If JonBenet were my daughter I would have slept on the steps of the capital to get the Governer to listen to me. There is no way I will go on with my life knowing the killer of my baby is still out there.

John Ramsey said he would spend every waking moment and every dime searching for the killer of his daughter. Instead he will spend every waking moment and dime running for office.

I'm satisified that there is a current investigation being done by the DA's office.

I'm not satisfied that JonBenét's killer hasn't been identified.

I think a hit on a DNA data base will eventually lead to an arrest and conviction of the killer.

LovelyPigeon said:
I think a hit on a DNA data base will eventually lead to an arrest and conviction of the killer.
And I think you and your grandchildren's grandchildren with go to their graves with that same wishful fantasy.

LovelyPigeon said:

I'm curious. WHY are you satisfied with the current investigation? It's been quite some time and there is no progress. The DNA has not been matched (and won't be IMO) and Keenan has done little to further any "fresh eyes". Doesn't it bother you that the little that has been done has been done due to the threat of a lawsuit by Lin Wood?

Wouldn't you prefer a special prosecutor? Wouldn't you prefer an investigator OUTSIDE OF BOULDER to be totally impartial in an investigation? I would. Like I said, if someone on the outside (like the FBI) stated that there is evidence of an intruder, I will rethink my stance on the Ramseys, as would many others, I'm sure.

As far as RST, my personal definition to belong to that group: Anyone who cannot find fault with anything the Ramseys have done and continue to do regarding this investigation. Anyone who refuses to step back and say "hey, now why did they/didn't they, do this or not do this? Anyone who willingly just rationalizes all negative acts and behavior by the Ramseys. Anyone who will blindly defend them against certain realities, when it is shown time and time again discrepancies in testimony, etc., proving them to be "less than honest". Anyone who will call a person "discredited" and then quote them when it is favorable to the Ramseys. Anyone who believes and states that the DNA belongs to the "killer" and then goes on to cast suspicion on those whose DNA has been tested and found NOT to be a match. Anyone who reasons the innocence of the Ramseys based on certain standards (no history, etc.) and refuses to use the same rationale for others.

That is my definition. It is up to the poster to know whether or not they belong to that particular group.

LovelyPigeon said:
I'm satisified that there is a current investigation being done by the DA's office.

There is no ACTIVE investigation because no money has been allocated to conduct one.

There hasn't been an active investigation since the Ramsey grand jury was permanently dismissed in October of 1999 with no indictments and no reports after 13 months of investigation. Doesn't that tell us anything?

IMO the GJ solved the crime, children too young to prosecute were involved, a court order seals everything to protect the identity of the kids, and Boulder has been trying to get the case put to bed ever since by using smoke and mirrors. There won't ever be an active investigation or a special prosecutor.

JMO

GOOD LUCK TO TRICIA AND ALL WITH THE PETITION! YOU GUYS ROCK.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't know when I''l be back again.........

Well - it is Boulder. :doh:

Show Me - :blowkiss: any messages that you would like me to relay to the fine folks in Boulder for you?!

RR!

when noone is actually actively working on it. This casefile is gathering dust on someone's shelf somewhere IMO.
The people of Boulder don't care about solving murders, all they care about is making money and keeping their "quaint quiet little college resort town" persona.

They have complete DNA from the Susanna Chase murder but they haven't bothered to really try and find the murderer. They appease the general population by making it look as if they are really working on it.

Wrangler said:
The people of Boulder don't care about solving murders, all they care about is making money and keeping their "quaint quiet little college resort town" persona.
And furthermore... IMO they probably figure what's the point? They know very well who killed JonBenet and probably don't care which one did what since the whole creepy family is long gone and isn't hanging around stinking up Boulder (unless you count Hunter et al).

This is the best news I've heard in months regarding the JBR murder case.
Someone is actually going to the Governor of Colorado and asking him to take a second look at this long-languishing murder case.

Congrats to the members of the FFJ forum who are carrying this initiative forward. You are doing something very important here.

God Bless and God Speed!

I just wanted to wish Tricia, Ginja, RR and everyone who worked so hard to help get this petition written, signed, and now seeing it through to Boulder on their own dime and time the best of luck.

My thanks for doing what so many "critics" do not.....something, anything to help this case. Thanks for knowing that whining and complaining doesn't bring justice for JonBenet Ramsey.

Bless you all and more important, with all the nuts who now know you are going....BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, ESPECIALLY THERE!

RiverRat said:
Don't know when I''l be back again.........

Well - it is Boulder. :doh:

Show Me - :blowkiss: any messages that you would like me to relay to the fine folks in Boulder for you?!

RR!

Hmmmmm let me see........'Go for the justice Boulder! Remember a little murdered girl, JonBenet.'

For the rest of youse travellers.... drive safely, don't celebrate tooooooo much. And especially don't eat too many sweets like candy etc. Candy rots your teeth, and possibly brain. Once consumed the caloric candy turns to blithering fat which never leaves you 'behind'.

However I heard a rumor 'chocolate' was quite okay. Must be the ingredient that makes us feel good...whereas straight sugary candy was enough to give you mood swings also.

I envy you gals! Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy