Dr. Baden's Theory

kathyn2

Reaction score
Fox News just showed a clip of Dr. Baden talking about this case. He said in his experience he has had several cases where a parent uses some drug like heroine (ugh) or other drugs to put their child to sleep while they party and they overdose by mistake and the child dies.

He think its possible that Casey used the chloroform to put caylee to sleep while she partied and it killed her.

I remember watching a talk show years ago where parents were on their talking about how they used things such as benedryl to put their children to sleep. That is sickening. Wtf is wrong with some parents???

Interesting. It would be important to know when Casey looked up the information on the internet about Chloroform. So I would hope this still falls under intent to kill. How can you accidently give your baby Cholorform but it still be an accidental death?

That just makes me wonder how long Caylee could have been in that trunk knocked out.

Fox News just showed a clip of Dr. Baden talking about this case. He said in his experience he has had several cases where a parent uses some drug like heroine (ugh) or other drugs to put their child to sleep while they party and they overdose by mistake and the child dies.

He think its possible that Casey used the chloroform to put caylee to sleep while she partied and it killed her.

Of course it's possible. People have been Benadryling their kids forever for car trips, flights, etc.

Im not buying that for a second... if it was used on little Cayle..I think the chloroform was used to get rid of her altogether.. not as a "babysitter".

Of course it's possible. People have been Benadryling their kids forever for car trips, flights, etc. And I don't get big cash for my expert opinion.

Sorry, no offense to you intended at all. I'm just not a Dr. B fan. I've been affected personally by his "expert testimony", so I'm a bit biased. IMO, he goes to the highest bidder. I'm surprised the Anthony's haven't hired him.

I agree.. He lost ALL my respect when he testified at the Phil Spector trial that Lani Clarkson had 'committed suicide"..

You guys came up with this theory about 10 seconds after the chloroform was discovered.

We don't need no stinkin' docta to tell us what happened. ;)

ROTF Tricia. So true!!

You guys came up with this theory about 10 seconds after the chloroform was discovered.

We don't need no stinkin' docta to tell us what happened. ;)

I remember watching a talk show years ago where parents were on their talking about how they used things such as benedryl to put their children to sleep. That is sickening. Wtf is wrong with some parents???

I've heard of people using Nyquil. (Not sure if I spelled it correctly)

The sedation from Chloroform last less than 15 minutes, it makes no sense that she was using it for the purpose of having her sleep. She would have to have a continuous stream plus oxygen and still hope she didn't OD her.

It causes burns at contact point, and horrible headaches. It would not be the drug of choice for knocking your kid out at all.

I think we are looking at a premediated murder.

Im not buying that for a second... if it was used on little Cayle..I think the chloroform was used to get rid of her altogether.. not as a "babysitter".

I agree with you 100%.

I have never thought this was and accident, and the chloroform info confirmed that, in my mind. I think Casey used it knock Caylee out, and put her in the pool to focus the blame on the parents. I have come to that conclusion based on the fact that she wanted her parents house, as well as the story Cindy told to Greta about the pool ladder. I remember the case of Karla Holkoma, in which she and Paul Bernardo used a substance to knock Karla's sister out. This substance caused a burn on the sister's face that the ME could not identify. This may have been the case with Caylee, and the reason Casey moved the body around, as per the cadaver dog hits.

I originally thought this too but it falls apart for me when I think of how easy it would have been to just give her Nyquil. She researched chloroform and it's uses. Then went out of her way to purchase it and it's not cheap.

I originally thought this too but it falls apart for me when I think of how easy it would have been to just give her Nyquil. She researched chloroform and it's uses. Then went out of her way to purchase it and it's not cheap.

I found it online for less than $40, but she may have gotten it somewhere locally from someone that had it for less sinister reasons.

She researched chloroform and it's uses. Then went out of her way to purchase it and it's not cheap.

Is there any confirmation that she did purchase it?

Yes, now that my feathers have unruffled a bit, I disagree with his theory. I don't think chloroform was a long-term solution. If the chloroform was used on Caylee, it was for a quick knock-out, for the purpose of...well, we could fill in this blank with all kinds of heinous things, couldn't we?

I just can't imagine anyone going to the trouble of researching, procuring, and using chloroform to continually sedate their kid. There are just too many OTC easy solutions out there. Benadryl, alcohol, sleep aids, etc.

One good thing that came out of that FOX piece with Baden was when
someone (forgot who) said the hair found in the trunk believed to be
Caylee's should be checked for drugs.

I found it online for less than $40, but she may have gotten it somewhere locally from someone that had it for less sinister reasons.

Still, $40 for that when she could have paid $5 for Nyquil, Benedryl or Tylenol PM.

The sedation from Chloroform last less than 15 minutes, it makes no sense that she was using it for the purpose of having her sleep. She would have to have a continuous stream plus oxygen and still hope she didn't OD her.

It causes burns at contact point, and horrible headaches. It would not be the drug of choice for knocking your kid out at all.

I think we are looking at a premediated murder.

This is what I was thinking too. It would only put her out for a few minutes and she might wake up vomiting because nausea is a common side effect. I just can't see it being used on a regular basis. I did notice when looking up information on chloroform that everything I found mentioned that it was banned for use in the US as a anesthetic because of the many deaths attributed to it. Seems it would be very easy to overdose someone with it and kill them.

It is looking less and less like an accident. Poor Caylee.

Nancy Grace said that it took her producer 10 minutes to purchase chloroform online.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back