1010 users online (206 members and 804 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - April Zane, 16, Frankfort, 18 April 1976

How are all of you? Allow me to introduce myself, I am Sharonrose Zane. I read comments made about my sister,and wanted to clear a few things up. No she wasn't pregnant. We supported each other and had good parents who would have helped her through such a time in need. We lived in Chicago's Roseland community,and moved in 1971 when the neighborhood started changing. We moved to Frankfort,which was an old farm town, and a lot different from the city. April missed her friends from Chicago, and would go to Hegewisch,Riverdale,and Calumet City to see her old friends who moved there. My parents of course didn't like the idea of her taking off at that age alone, noone's parents would I don't think. They worried,and it didn't seem to matter at the time to her. She wanted to be with the people she grew up with.She was a very nice, sweet talented kid,but couldn't adjust to the drastic change,I don't think. Here is an update. In early August, I had my DNA taken by my local police department,to see if it compares to any Jane Doe's in the Washington Database. Soon we will know something, and you will all be the first to know. I appreciate you all taking the time to look at this case. God Bless, and pray I bring April home, one way or another. Love, Sharonrose

I'm so very sorry, Sharonrose...I have lived in Tinley Park my whole life and never knew your sister was missing. I understand what you are saying about moving from Roseland (that's where my in-laws were from and they moved to Tinley in the 60's for the same reason). It must have been a huge adjustment for a teenager coming from the city.

I will pray for your sister and your family...I'm sorry for what you must have been going through all of these years.

Thank you. I am just trying to say thanks to all of the people that are supporting my search. If my sister is gone,somebody knows,and I have the right to bury her. If she is alive,somebody knows,and I am sure they would have a heart to let me knoow she's okay. Thank you for your kindness,as the only family I have are my kids. I'm the only one left. Tinley Park,huh? My old stomping grounds.

Wow shanon rose, never have I read anything on here that hit close to home. I grew up in Calumet City, however I am too young to remember if I had ever seen her, I wasn't born yet.

I wish you luck with the DNA, please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharonrose Zane View Post
    How are all of you? Allow me to introduce myself, I am Sharonrose Zane. I read comments made about my sister,and wanted to clear a few things up. No she wasn't pregnant. We supported each other and had good parents who would have helped her through such a time in need. We lived in Chicago's Roseland community,and moved in 1971 when the neighborhood started changing. We moved to Frankfort,which was an old farm town, and a lot different from the city. April missed her friends from Chicago, and would go to Hegewisch,Riverdale,and Calumet City to see her old friends who moved there. My parents of course didn't like the idea of her taking off at that age alone, noone's parents would I don't think. They worried,and it didn't seem to matter at the time to her. She wanted to be with the people she grew up with.She was a very nice, sweet talented kid,but couldn't adjust to the drastic change,I don't think. Here is an update. In early August, I had my DNA taken by my local police department,to see if it compares to any Jane Doe's in the Washington Database. Soon we will know something, and you will all be the first to know. I appreciate you all taking the time to look at this case. God Bless, and pray I bring April home, one way or another. Love, Sharonrose

Quote Originally Posted by Dryad View Post
    I'm so very sorry, Sharonrose...I have lived in Tinley Park my whole life and never knew your sister was missing. I understand what you are saying about moving from Roseland (that's where my in-laws were from and they moved to Tinley in the 60's for the same reason). It must have been a huge adjustment for a teenager coming from the city.

I will pray for your sister and your family...I'm sorry for what you must have been going through all of these years.

small world, My husband grew up in Tinley

i have always thought there are some similarities between april rose zane and the unidentified "orange socks" statistics here in texas from 1979.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/33uftx.html
    there are some additional photos posted here but there is also a morgue photo on this site!! it's not graphic, just trying to be sensitive to potential family members.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=408517729

April Zane (16) - Missing from Frankfort IL since 1976

Missing Since: April 18, 1976 from Frankfort, Illinois
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: February 25, 1960
    Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'6, 115 - 120 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Dark auburn hair, blue/gray/green eyes. Zane has facial freckles. She has an exceptionally long back, which makes her appear taller than she actually is. She has scars on her right knee and her chin, and an appendectomy scar on her right hip.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A brown flannel jacket.

Details of Disappearance

Zane was last seen in Frankfort, Illinois on April 18, 1976. She said she was going to town to a visit a friend, but never arrived at the friend's home. Zane has a history of running away from home but has never been gone this long. Several times she ran away and was located in Chicago, where she was arrested for curfew violation.

Zane's parents both died in 2003, but her younger sister continues to search for her. She did not have a Social Security number at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Frankfort Police Department
    815-469-4935

Hi
    I hope they find her.

suzanne
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Aprils NamUs page:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1689/0/

There seems to be some discrepancy on the year she went missing.

NamUs is giving a year of 1977 versus 1976.

If Aprils sister is still checking in here from time to time can you verify the year for us?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

i hope your search is fruitful. everyone deserves the right to know where their loved one is.
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

Old post on April Zane...

Back in 2005, I posted April Zane's case on the Cold Case boards of Websleuths. Here is a link to that old thread...

Zanesville, OH...the '50s - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

35 year anniversary...

It has been 35 years since April Zane went missing.

I was just checking Charley Project tonight and they posted a new pic of April and it looks like the Arroyo Jane Doe morgue photo a LOT. They eye color is different-green not blue like April's but boy, that new pic looks a bunch like her. Let me know what you think. Thanks, guys.

She does look pretty close.

In addition to the eye color, there is no mention that AGJD has an appendectomy scar though, or scars on her knee and chin.

Very sad,

What is the correct year of her disappearance? 1976 or 1977?

Satch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast