756 users online (195 members and 561 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Life insurance policies

I'm not saying they would kill her for it, but they could easily make it appear that she's dead and then collect...they HAVE been having money issues...just a thought.

Typically, life insurance is to replace income in case of death. So it is a little unusual to have life insurance on a youngster. Not that people don;t have them because they do, but it would be suspicious if she did.

I am always suspect of anyone who has a life insurance policy on a child, but I guess it could be purchased to cover the cost of a funeral if something happens.

My dad's brother was hit by a car and killed when he was five and burying him put a financial strain on my grandparents, so they ended up buying a life insurance policy for my dad in case something happened to him. What is really weird, is my dad also got hit by a car, but was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DCReplay View Post
    I am always suspect of anyone who has a life insurance policy on a child, but I guess it could be purchased to cover the cost of a funeral if something happens.

My dad's brother was hit by a car and killed when he was five and burying him put a financial strain on my grandparents, so they ended up buying a life insurance policy for my dad in case something happened to him. What is really weird, is my dad also got hit by a car, but was fine.

I have an 8 month old but before I had him I was always TOTALLY against people taking life ins out on children. Now I'm not so sure it's a bad idea. I live paycheck to paycheck and if God forbid something ever happened to my son, I have NO idea how I will afford a funeral other than getting money from friends and family.

I don't currently have a life ins for him (dont even have one for myself) but if I had the money to put towards it every month, I would probably do it.

I think it depends on the amt that was taken out. If it is just enuf for a funeral then I couldn't juge someone. But if it's like for some crazy amount like half a million dollars or more, that is highly suspicious.
    The law is reason, free from passion. - Aristotle

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Here, have a smoothie:

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

"Do you wanna spar with me?" ~Juan Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    So it is a little unusual to have life insurance on a youngster. Not that people don't have them because they do, but it would be suspicious if she did.
    I don't for my child, but it can't be all that uncommon, considering the number of commercials that I see for the "Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan" on TV. I think that's $10,000 in whole (not term) life insurance. The intention I believe is two-fold: to pay for a funeral in case something happens, and to provide a "savings account" for when the child reaches maturity.

I suspect that it also must have been not uncommon long ago; I think I've seen two movies that have a scene with someone going door-to-door collecting life insurance money for the parents and children. Maybe one was _A Tree Grows in Brooklyn_ (with a wonderful child actress).

Well my inlaws lost two children ( one at birth) one when she was 4 mths old....
    They got us to take out life ins pol on out children when they were babies...
    they are now 8 and 10
    But so be it....IF the ANTONY's have life insurance they best not try and cash it in
    because Cindy said it herself...Caylee is not dead!
    (yes I know we all belive otherwise)

I have a $20,000 policy for each of my children, when our infant son died and I had to make financial decisions for his funeral instead of doing what I really wanted to do I get a policy for the other three-I doubt there was a policy for Caylee, unless Casey stole the money to buy the policy!
    Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven. ~Mary Baker Eddy

My life Insurance policy (Prudential) has a $5,000.00 rider on my children, till they are 21. I don't think Casey could afford a life insurance policy, since she didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by maswondering2 View Post
    Well my inlaws lost two children ( one at birth) one when she was 4 mths old....
    they are now 8 and 10
    But so be it....IF the ANTONY's have life insurance they best not try and cash it in
    exactly!! Besides, even if they had an intelligent moment and decided that Caylee is in fact dead, they would need to wait, IIRC, 7 years before they can cash in without a body.
    The law is reason, free from passion. - Aristotle

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Here, have a smoothie:

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

"Do you wanna spar with me?" ~Juan Martinez

...but George and Cindy could pay for one...

I had a life insurance policy on each of my kids. Until the boys were 24. I still have one on my daughter since she is 16.

Quote Originally Posted by maswondering2 View Post
    they are now 8 and 10
    I had life insurance purchased when I was a minor and when became of age.....a responsible wage earner....the upkeep of this life insurance policy landed onto me and I have kept it up all these years.

My instinctual reaction to this question was if the A's or Casey had life ins. on Caylee, they better hope this information is never leaked and they better never cash in on it.
    As always, this is my humble opinion.

Conquer the angry man by love.
    Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
    Conquer the miser with generosity.
    Conquer the liar with truth.

The Dhammapada

I'm not sure f they had one for Caylee but it's not all that unheard of. I've received gerber grow-up plan pamphlets in the mail weekly since my DD was born. It's basically life insurance that they keep forever, when they become adults they take over the policy and pay for it themselves (I think).
    the above post is strictly my opinion only......for realz

Casey is the one with an insurable interest in Caylee, and I doubt she spent her money or the money she stole on insurance for Caylee. It is relatively unusual to insure the lives of little kids, except in situations like the previous posters have talked about. Anyway, if Casey were the beneficiary on such a policy, it would get interesting. Most or all states have statutes or case law that prohibits a person from profiting from a death they caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassynic View Post
    I have an 8 month old but before I had him I was always TOTALLY against people taking life ins out on children. Now I'm not so sure it's a bad idea. I live paycheck to paycheck and if God forbid something ever happened to my son, I have NO idea how I will afford a funeral other than getting money from friends and family.

I don't currently have a life ins for him (dont even have one for myself) but if I had the money to put towards it every month, I would probably do it.

I think it depends on the amt that was taken out. If it is just enuf for a funeral then I couldn't juge someone. But if it's like for some crazy amount like half a million dollars or more, that is highly suspicious.
    My husband and I have policies on our four sons through his work, but it isn't for a large amount. We got them in case something awful happened to one of our sons. Believe me, we wouldn't be able to pay for a funeral on our own.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast