Life insurance policies

mom_of_five

Reaction score
I'm not saying they would kill her for it, but they could easily make it appear that she's dead and then collect...they HAVE been having money issues...just a thought.

Typically, life insurance is to replace income in case of death. So it is a little unusual to have life insurance on a youngster. Not that people don;t have them because they do, but it would be suspicious if she did.

I am always suspect of anyone who has a life insurance policy on a child, but I guess it could be purchased to cover the cost of a funeral if something happens.

My dad's brother was hit by a car and killed when he was five and burying him put a financial strain on my grandparents, so they ended up buying a life insurance policy for my dad in case something happened to him. What is really weird, is my dad also got hit by a car, but was fine.

I am always suspect of anyone who has a life insurance policy on a child, but I guess it could be purchased to cover the cost of a funeral if something happens.

My dad's brother was hit by a car and killed when he was five and burying him put a financial strain on my grandparents, so they ended up buying a life insurance policy for my dad in case something happened to him. What is really weird, is my dad also got hit by a car, but was fine.

I have an 8 month old but before I had him I was always TOTALLY against people taking life ins out on children. Now I'm not so sure it's a bad idea. I live paycheck to paycheck and if God forbid something ever happened to my son, I have NO idea how I will afford a funeral other than getting money from friends and family.

I don't currently have a life ins for him (dont even have one for myself) but if I had the money to put towards it every month, I would probably do it.

I think it depends on the amt that was taken out. If it is just enuf for a funeral then I couldn't juge someone. But if it's like for some crazy amount like half a million dollars or more, that is highly suspicious.

So it is a little unusual to have life insurance on a youngster. Not that people don't have them because they do, but it would be suspicious if she did.

I don't for my child, but it can't be all that uncommon, considering the number of commercials that I see for the "Gerber Life Grow-Up Plan" on TV. I think that's $10,000 in whole (not term) life insurance. The intention I believe is two-fold: to pay for a funeral in case something happens, and to provide a "savings account" for when the child reaches maturity.

I suspect that it also must have been not uncommon long ago; I think I've seen two movies that have a scene with someone going door-to-door collecting life insurance money for the parents and children. Maybe one was _A Tree Grows in Brooklyn_ (with a wonderful child actress).

Well my inlaws lost two children ( one at birth) one when she was 4 mths old....
They got us to take out life ins pol on out children when they were babies...
they are now 8 and 10
But so be it....IF the ANTONY's have life insurance they best not try and cash it in
because Cindy said it herself...Caylee is not dead!
(yes I know we all belive otherwise)

I have a $20,000 policy for each of my children, when our infant son died and I had to make financial decisions for his funeral instead of doing what I really wanted to do I get a policy for the other three-I doubt there was a policy for Caylee, unless Casey stole the money to buy the policy!

My life Insurance policy (Prudential) has a $5,000.00 rider on my children, till they are 21. I don't think Casey could afford a life insurance policy, since she didn't work.

Well my inlaws lost two children ( one at birth) one when she was 4 mths old....
they are now 8 and 10
But so be it....IF the ANTONY's have life insurance they best not try and cash it in

:clap: exactly!! Besides, even if they had an intelligent moment and decided that Caylee is in fact dead, they would need to wait, IIRC, 7 years before they can cash in without a body.

I had a life insurance policy on each of my kids. Until the boys were 24. I still have one on my daughter since she is 16.

they are now 8 and 10

I had life insurance purchased when I was a minor and when became of age.....a responsible wage earner....the upkeep of this life insurance policy landed onto me and I have kept it up all these years.

My instinctual reaction to this question was if the A's or Casey had life ins. on Caylee, they better hope this information is never leaked and they better never cash in on it.

I'm not sure f they had one for Caylee but it's not all that unheard of. I've received gerber grow-up plan pamphlets in the mail weekly since my DD was born. It's basically life insurance that they keep forever, when they become adults they take over the policy and pay for it themselves (I think).

Casey is the one with an insurable interest in Caylee, and I doubt she spent her money or the money she stole on insurance for Caylee. It is relatively unusual to insure the lives of little kids, except in situations like the previous posters have talked about. Anyway, if Casey were the beneficiary on such a policy, it would get interesting. Most or all states have statutes or case law that prohibits a person from profiting from a death they caused.

I have an 8 month old but before I had him I was always TOTALLY against people taking life ins out on children. Now I'm not so sure it's a bad idea. I live paycheck to paycheck and if God forbid something ever happened to my son, I have NO idea how I will afford a funeral other than getting money from friends and family.

I don't currently have a life ins for him (dont even have one for myself) but if I had the money to put towards it every month, I would probably do it.

I think it depends on the amt that was taken out. If it is just enuf for a funeral then I couldn't juge someone. But if it's like for some crazy amount like half a million dollars or more, that is highly suspicious.

My husband and I have policies on our four sons through his work, but it isn't for a large amount. We got them in case something awful happened to one of our sons. Believe me, we wouldn't be able to pay for a funeral on our own.

...but George and Cindy could pay for one...

I believe that someone else can not pay for a Life Insurance policy on a child besides the parents. I had a very hard time getting my underwriting company to list my best friend as a beneficiary on my policy when I was a single Mom of my daughter. They want it to be next of kin or a blood family member. I would think it would look a little suspect if a set of Grandparents went ahead and took out a policy on their Grandchild. Not to say that they Anthony's never look suspicious on anything...:rolleyes:

I have wondered if there was any life insurance from day one. I worked for a few years as a medical examiner for a large life insurance company. What I learned was:
A lot of people have life insurance on children.
A lot of people take out life insurance when they know they may die soon (like an illness or suicide).
You can get life insurance for one dollar for the first month. So a lot of people get insurance shortly after a diagnosis of cancer or prior to a suicide or homicide.
Insuance companies will do an investigation of all claims that occur within the first two years of taking out a policy and will deny payment if anything is fishy or if it appears someone was untruthful on their application.
So hopefully if there is a policy the insurance company is investigating.

I believe that someone else can not pay for a Life Insurance policy on a child besides the parents. I had a very hard time getting my underwriting company to list my best friend as a beneficiary on my policy when I was a single Mom of my daughter. They want it to be next of kin or a blood family member. I would think it would look a little suspect if a set of Grandparents went ahead and took out a policy on their Grandchild. Not to say that they Anthony's never look suspicious on anything...:rolleyes:

The large insuance company I worked for allowed grandparents to purchase life insuance for grandchildren. They even marketed to them.

I'm not saying they would kill her for it, but they could easily make it appear that she's dead and then collect...they HAVE been having money issues...just a thought.

I got life insurance on my kids when they were born, as a savings account sorta for them. I was told repeatedly that if something were to happen to them, no matter how much the policy was for, I would only get enough to for funeral expenses. Maybe just in this state? Don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back