will the Anthony's lose their house?

Kimmer

Reaction score
I am curious about something, Since the GP's did not have the 50k to bail out KC and they had to sign promisary notes, I am guessing that the only thing of real value that they have is there home..If KC is arrested again before her trial date in NOV and if they still don't have the 50k does that mean the bonding company would be able to foreclose on there home?

We know from what LP told us that the 50k he put up was money spent and that he would not get that money back for any reason, so if he lost 50k when she was rearrested or even if he would have pulled her bond, does that mean if KC is rearrested that they would lose there home.

If that is the case I just dont get how you would allow your whole family to go down with her.

I doubt it. Im speculating that they got paid quite alot of money for those
"exclusive" home videos of Caylee.

In any event, I hardly think the daughter who has caused so much chaos is worth losing a home over.

Like the lady that called in to NG last night said "Casey said her parents were going to give her the house.....well there you go!"

OK!!! I am in s.c. but here is how it works here my nephew is a bailbondsman this is how I know this.
When you bond out a person you buy an insurance policy otherwise known as a bond in S.C. the cost is approx 30.00 per $1000.00 ok the bondsman pays this they charge you 10 percent of the actual bond in other words for the 500000.00 bond you owe the bondsman $50000.00 their cost is approx 15000.00 their profit is about 35 thousand on this bond now when you give the bondsman a promisary note or such you are able to make payments on this in monthly instalments to pay it off or you can pay it all at once either way. See they are not out but 15000.00 all other is their profit.
The only way the bondsman is out any mony other than the original cost of the bond is if the person does not show back up for court.

I'm hoping they all get their butts arrested and all sit in the same cell, he he. Imagine that?

The 50k is the fee paid to the bail bonds company for securing the $500k. They keep it no matter what - it's how they earn money in that business.

The 50k is non-refundable; it has nothing to do with whether Casey is arrested again or not. You can think of it as a sort of interest payment on a loan.

If Casey 'runs' then the bail bonds company has to either find her and return her to custody or else pay the $500k bond.

If Casey 'breaks bond' - does something not allowed under the conditions of her release - she will be returned to custody with bail revoked. The bail bonds company would then no longer be responsible for the $500k.

It's such a cute little house, that'd be a real shame although I'm sure the neighbors would be grateful for a quiet family to live there.

It's such a cute little house, that'd be a real shame although I'm sure the neighbors would be grateful for a quiet family to live there.

Its not really considered a small house here.....homes like that here in FL go for around 300K.

I don't think they put up thier house. With the new credit stipulations being so strict on financing unless a person has A+ credit they would not be able to refi. IMHO

I would imagine the money promised to get Casey out of jail on bond came from another source.

They won't lose their house, but they may end up selling it before this is all over. LOL

OK!!! I am in s.c. but here is how it works here my nephew is a bailbondsman this is how I know this.
When you bond out a person you buy an insurance policy otherwise known as a bond in S.C. the cost is approx 30.00 per $1000.00 ok the bondsman pays this they charge you 10 percent of the actual bond in other words for the 500000.00 bond you owe the bondsman $50000.00 their cost is approx 15000.00 their profit is about 35 thousand on this bond now when you give the bondsman a promisary note or such you are able to make payments on this in monthly instalments to pay it off or you can pay it all at once either way. See they are not out but 15000.00 all other is their profit.
The only way the bondsman is out any mony other than the original cost of the bond is if the person does not show back up for court.

Then they send out the bounty hunters to find them! :)

Court records show that the house was bought for over $90,000 in 1989. Also that due to the housing market their house has depreciated from over $113,000 in 2007 to a little over $103,000 in 2008.

Court records show that the house was bought for over $90,000 in 1989. Also that due to the housing market their house has depreciated from over $113,000 in 2007 to a little over $103,000 in 2008.

Thats a nice house for only 103,000........Maybe i should move there.....oh wait.....nevermind.

That figure of $103,000 is the assessed value of the house for taxes, not what the house is worth on the market.

Its not really considered a small house here.....homes like that here in FL go for around 300K.

Their home is listed on Zillow.com at about $203,000. It shows it as 4 br, 2 bath but only about 1450 sq feet.

ETA. Oops, I just revisited Zillow. It now shows it as $200,000. it has dropped $3,00 in value since Caylees disappearance was made public.

Didn't CA say in the bond hearing that they were behind on the mortgage and had a second mortgage? My guess is the bank owns more of the house, than the Anthony's.

jmo

Zillow is notoriously inaccurate.

I feel sorry for anyone in the nearby neighborhoods who is trying to sell their house!

Their home is listed on Zillow.com at about $203,000. It shows it as 4 br, 2 bath but only about 1450 sq feet.

ETA. Oops, I just revisited Zillow. It now shows it as $200,000. it has dropped $3,00 in value since Caylees disappearance was made public.

I bought my South Florida home in 1984 for $85,000. I sold it in 2007 for $295,000. I don't know how the Orlando area real estate market is, but the area my house was in has really slipped. I was lucky to get $295K.

I don't know how to post a link, but Orange County Comptrollers website has documents saying house was paid in full in 2005.

How is that possible that the house was paid in full in 2005 if Cindy Anthony in that first bond hearing for Casey said they were behind on payments and had a 2nd mortgage?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back