1188 users online (241 members and 947 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1684
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,436

    You Know You're Addicted to the Case When:

    1) You lose power because of a hurricane, and immediately upon getting the generator fired up, you log onto websleuths to beg people to PM you to keep you updated.

    2) Your kids say, "What's for dinner?" and you point toward the Honeycombs cereal box.

    3) You grab a quick shower, but shaving your legs is too time-consuming...you can do that later.

    OK...list yours.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the Woods In Georgia
    Posts
    5,481
    1) You fake sick so that you don't have to go visiting the elderly on the weekend...(guilty)

    2) You say that you are waiting on an important phone call as the reason you cannot run any errands (guilty)

    3) You do take those showers, forget or not take time to shave your legs, and your kids complain about the stubbly! (guilty)

    4) Your kids already know what is for dinner two days earlier!
    (guilty)

    5) Intimacy? Are you kidding me, and miss Casey going to jail? lol (guilty)
    Justice For Caylee Marie

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    1) You fake sick so that you don't have to go visiting the elderly on the weekend...(guilty)

    2) You say that you are waiting on an important phone call as the reason you cannot run any errands (guilty)

    3) You do take those showers, forget or not take time to shave your legs, and your kids complain about the stubbly! (guilty)

    4) Your kids already know what is for dinner two days earlier!
    (guilty)

    5) Intimacy? Are you kidding me, and miss Casey going to jail? lol (guilty)

    OMG! I'm guilty of your 2, and fell off my chair laughing at your 5.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,927
    1. You do your food shopping piecemeal. One or two items yesterday, one or two items today, and probably one or two items tomorrow. It takes too much time and concentration on the mundane is not possible.

    2. You have to stop yourself from approaching strangers on the street and asking them if they are following the case.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    1) You fake sick so that you don't have to go visiting the elderly on the weekend...(guilty)

    2) You say that you are waiting on an important phone call as the reason you cannot run any errands (guilty)

    3) You do take those showers, forget or not take time to shave your legs, and your kids complain about the stubbly! (guilty)

    4) Your kids already know what is for dinner two days earlier!
    (guilty)

    5) Intimacy? Are you kidding me, and miss Casey going to jail? lol (guilty)
    Yeah, you totally got me on number five. I have to be made to come to bed lately.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

    What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    1. You do your food shopping piecemeal. One or two items yesterday, one or two items today, and probably one or two items tomorrow. It takes too much time and concentration on the mundane is not possible.

    2. You have to stop yourself from approaching strangers on the street and asking them if they are following the case.

    Yep and yep!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    153
    1 You tell people you are working (uh oh don't we know someone else who did this?)
    2 You gain 5lbs in 5 weeks because you have to snack since you no longer cook
    3 You have bed sores from sitting for hours at a time
    4 You stop wearing make up on the rare occasion that you leave the house
    5 Your friends roll their eyes and sigh when you mention the case
    6 Your friends tell you that you are no longer allowed to say "sociopath"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lost in the Pacific
    Posts
    462

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    5) Intimacy? Are you kidding me, and miss Casey going to jail? lol (guilty)

    ROFLMAO I am sooo guilty of this one. HUbby still hasn't lived down the fact that I missed seeing Casey get arrested live on TV cause I intentionally got away for 20 minutes to talk to him, and that is when it ALL went down. So he knows better now LOL

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Polk County, Florida
    Posts
    7,216
    How about:

    Ummm Mom, I need to do some research for a paper at school, can I use the laptop?
    NO, the city bus comes at (blank):30 and goes directly in front of the library, here's 2 bucks a dollar there and a dollar back, oh no wait here's $4 take your little sister with you and do your paper while she's in the reading room?

    (FYI Kids are teens and would rather be at the library which has a Coffee shop and food than be home watching Mom watch a webcam)
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

    IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,465
    1. You have one window open for websleuths
    2. Another one open for the live web cam
    3. Another one open to the guy driving around in his car (forgot this name)
    and when your husband comes in the room you tell him your "working"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the Woods In Georgia
    Posts
    5,481
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalei321 View Post
    How about:

    Ummm Mom, I need to do some research for a paper at school, can I use the laptop?
    NO, the city bus comes at (blank):30 and goes directly in front of the library, here's 2 bucks a dollar there and a dollar back, oh no wait here's $4 take your little sister with you and do your paper while she's in the reading room?

    (FYI Kids are teens and would rather be at the library which has a Coffee shop and food than be home watching Mom watch a webcam)

    I just brought out the 1970's encyclopedias! No way you are taking my laptop!
    Justice For Caylee Marie

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,927
    You have to turn your phone off during the day because you've been up all night on WS and have to sleep sometime. Then when people inquire as to why they can't reach you in the afternoon, you have to lie and say that you've been having a lot of problems with the phone.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hartland, VT
    Posts
    178
    1. Your 12 & 5 year old are in bed by 6 pm.
    2. You fall asleep w/ laptop in bed and upon wakening, you have a pretty severe burn on your arm from rolling over onto the box thingy on the power cord that gets too hot. Yes, I did this.
    3. All of your friends think you are crazy and you think they are stupid for not knowing what or who you are talking about.
    4. you are up at 4 am doing laundry so your kids have clean underwear for the day because you couldnt be bothered to leave the computer the night before.

    YES, I AM ADDICTED!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,427
    When you finally pull away from WS at 2:30 AM and head to bed only to realize you stripped the bed and you end up sleeping on a bare mattress!
    Last edited by Patty G; 09-06-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelling

  15. #15
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    You've never really ever had much to do with a computer or typing before this case, but within just two weeks you have developed carpal tunnel.

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Addicted to plastic surgery
    By dancingdaisy in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 10:11 PM

Tags for this Thread