Report on 911 tape

LovelyPigeon

Former Member
Reaction score
I read at cybersleuths that Tricia had a copy of the 911 tape analyzed by an expert and has received a report. I would love to read it. Is it posted somewhere (I apologize if I've missed it here) that all can read?

All these years I was led to believe that was hesitant as far as calling police. It was John who insisted and Patsy saying "are you sure". Now this is being turned around and it is John who needs convincing.

It is very unfortunate that this Professional does not have access to the original 911 tape.

Thank you for the link. Could you please post the scans here?

You posted on that thread that the expert "did not pick up any editing attempts" yet that is not on the report posted. Would you explain?

No Burke anywhere to be found in this report.

LP that is why I waited to post the report. He did not write about not finding any attempts at editing. He just reported what he found. Not what he didn't find. Since I have posted it on the Internet it's safe to say LP that I am not trying to put words in his mouth. He has the link to my posts. I wrote what he told me.

I also posted that he said trying to hear anything on this generation of tape would be next to impossible. He said it would be like listening to mud.

Because he didn't find an edit attempt or he couldn't hear Burke's voice doesn't mean both are not on the tape. The fact that we proved that Patsy can be heard at the end of the tape when Lin Wood claims there is nothing there is quite an accomplishment.

It's just like Thomas wrote in his book. "Help me Jesus.Help me Jesus.Help me Jesus."

Lin Wood lied to the nation when he said there was nothing at the end of the tape. If you remember in the Dateline story Katie starts talking right after the operator says "Patsy" claiming that nothing else is on the tape.

We proved them liars.

Tricia, Lin Wood said on LKL, when the tape was played during that show, that there was no conversation at the end of the tape that could be discerned as belonging to Patsy, John, or Burke.

What exactly are you quoting Lin as *there was nothing at the end of the tape* (your phrasing)?

Is the "Help me Jesus" monologue identifiable as the voice of Patsy Ramsey?

Professional Audio Laboratories transcript:
Patsy: God.
911: 911 Emergency.
Patsy: Hon, we need 'em. Police.
911: What's going on ma'am?
Patsy: 755 15th Street.
911: What's going on there, ma'am?
Patsy: We have a kidnapping. Hurry, please.
911: Explain to me what's going on, okay?

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4576

Steve Thomas book transcript:
PATSY RAMSEY: (inaudible) police.
BOULDER POLICE DISPATCHER: (inaudible)
PATSY RAMSEY: Seven fifty-five Fifteenth Street.
DISPATCHER: What's going on there, Ma'am?
PATSY RAMSEY: We have a kidnapping...Hurry, please.
DISPATCHER: Explain to me what's going on, OK?

NBC transcript:
Patsy: “Police.”
911: “What’s going on ma’am?”
Patsy: “755 15th street.”
911: “What’s going on there ma’am”
Patsy: “We have a kidnapping. Hurry, please!”
911: “Explain to me what’s going on. Ok?”
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3079093/

LKL transcript:
(BEGIN AUDIO TAPE)

P. RAMSEY: Police -- 755 15th Street.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What's going on there, ma'am?

P. RAMSEY: We had a kidnapping. Hurry, please.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Explain to me what's going on. OK?
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0307/11/lkl.00.html

Interesting that none of the transcripts have the first two lines that PAL has, and that ST's & LKL's transcripts don't have the "“What’s going on ma’am?” from the dispatcher.

Tricia said:
Because he didn't find an edit attempt or he couldn't hear Burke's voice doesn't mean both are not on the tape.
This is all pretty ridiculous, and I'm sorry you wasted your money Tricia.

Burke's voice is NOT on the tape which Keenan released to the public. It was redacted by Keenan before the tape was released--and that fact is proven by the 4-second gap which is heard right after Patsy repeats her now-famous "help me Jesus" cries. We know this is where John and Burke's voices are heard on the original 911 tape, because this is where Thomas tells us they were found, and his transcript perfectly matches all other aspects of the tape.

How this "professional" which Tricia hired couldn't manage to find "an edit attempt" is beyond me, since any fool with a set of speakers on their computer can clearly hear the 4-second gap at the end of the tape where the sound completely drops out, then returns just before the tape ends. If that doesn't constitute "an edit attempt", then I don't know what would - a hacked-up strip of magnetic audio tape pasted together with peanut butter? (Duh)

So we've learned nothing new that those of us with ears didn't already know: Patsy can be heard saying "help me jesus" at the end of the tape, and John and Burke's voices were removed before the tape was released to the public.

And because of this we know that Keenan has more up her sleeve then she is letting on. She knows the Ramsey's are lying about what really went on that morning.

LovelyPigeon said:

NBC transcript:

LKL transcript:
(BEGIN AUDIO TAPE)

Interesting that none of the transcripts have the first two lines that PAL has, and that ST's & LKL's transcripts don't have the "“What’s going on ma’am?” from the dispatcher.

LP what Ginsberg was able to do was slow down the tape and, based on his experience he was able to tell that Patsy said, "Hon we need 'em." I have some basic recording equipment in my home studio and when I slowed it down I could easily hear it. I didn't even think to try and get the garbled first part of the tape.

From the Dan Abrams show on July 17th Wood states,

"And when Michael Kane admits that there’s-quote-unquote - “something there”, that’s a word game. There’s something there after the phone hangs up. There’s about five or six seconds of noise. There’s no conversation there. It’s not Burke. It’s not John. It’s not Patsy. And that’s the lie that the Boulder Police Department told about this tape. "

"It's not Burke. It's not John. It's not Patsy."

From the Dan Abrams show Lin Wood LIES. Plain and simple LP. He lies.

Shylock I have to listen to my CD again but I can only hear the drop out on the cassette. I don't think it's on the CD. I could be wrong.

Remember the good news is we have a trusted professional, someone who is a sought after court expert, stating that Patsy is on the end of the tape. Lin Wood says she is not.

Tricia

Tricia said:
Shylock I have to listen to my CD again but I can only hear the drop out on the cassette. I don't think it's on the CD. I could be wrong.
You'll find you have it backwards. The drop out is on the CD. The cassette just ends prematurely.

LovelyPigeon said:

NBC transcript:

LKL transcript:
(BEGIN AUDIO TAPE)

I bet LKL didn't play or even have the entire segement tape only what Wood provided to them. I didn't see the show, but I believe that may be the case, or the transcriptionist didn't pick it up. Remember all LKL's transcripts are "rushed" and may not be complete. They may or may not add to them later to make them more accurate.

ST just said "inaudible", that doesn't mean it's not on the tape (it clearly is), just that he either didn't write it down, or his own transcription methods are sloppy in this regard.
All anyone needs to do is listen to the 911 tape that was released by Keenan's office to hear what is on it.

The relevant point in this case is that Lin Wood blatantly lied to the nation when he said there was nothing else on the tape. That Patsy, nor John, nor Burke's voices were on the end of it. That's the point LP, not the discrepancies in the transcribing of the tape.

Wood LIED about it, that's the important point. If he'll lie about that what else has he lied about to cover for his clients?

Wrangler said:
The relevant point in this case is that Lin Wood blatantly lied to the nation when he said there was nothing else on the tape.
Did Lin Wood really lie about the tape? I don't think so. I think Limpy just got lucky.

Keenan's office released TWO different versions of the 911 call. The first version (which was released on audio tape) ended prematurely. It ended just as Patsy was about to speak her first "help me Jesus" line.
It was that version that Wood handed out to the networks and played on LKL.

Later, Keenan released the second version on CD which contained Patsy's "Jesus" cries followed by a 4-second gap where John and Burke's voices were redacted.

So Wood never had a version with any of the reported "additional conversations" on it. (At least not at the time he was making his PR appearances with the tape.)

If you believe that I have some nice beach front property for you to buy in Wyoming.

Wood had a complete copy of the enhanced 911 tape, you can bet on it. Keenan stated that the cd and tape were the entire call and identical in every way. So one of them is a blantant liar who has been disproven. Do I think Wood had the complete tape, yes! He wouldn't settle for anything less. He redacted the portions he didn't want anyone to hear. He probably never dreamend that Keenan would offer copies of the 911 recording to anyone who asked for it.

Burke Ramsey's attorney also had a copy of the tape long before Wood ever even entered the picture. Why else would they call a "sleeping" boy to testify for over 5 hours to the Grand Jury? I'd be willing to bet it's because his voice is on the tape just like ST said it is.

No way do I believe Wood had a copy of the Aerospace-enhanced tape no more than any of us has a copy of the Aerospace-enhanced tape. I don't know why some of us can hear the Help me, Jesus at the end of the tape and some of us can't. I know I can hear it, and I know it is Patsy.

What the expert who enhanced the tape for Tricia did was report what he heard on the tape/CD that was provided to him. It was not the original tape that was submitted to Aerospace. What he did do was confirm what Steve Thomas said in his book about the Aerospace tape - that Patsy Ramsey's voice was on the end of the tape where Lin Wood said she wasn't.

Did Wood lie? I suspect so, but I can't prove it. You know how it is - don't believe your own lying eyes, or in this case, ears. I'm not exactly a spring chicken and I expect my hearing isn't as good as it once was, but I sure can hear Patsy Ramsey at the end of that tape. You can bet your butt that if it were Steve Thomas at the end of the tape, Wood and all the rest of the RSTers would hear it just fine.

Wrangler said:
Wood had a complete copy of the enhanced 911 tape, you can bet on it. Keenan stated that the cd and tape were the entire call and identical in every way. So one of them is a blantant liar who has been disproven.
Save the Wyoming beach front property for your retirement.

You seem confused by all of the different copies of the 911 tape. Wood NEVER had a copy of the "enhanced" 911 tape--nobody does. It was never released. In fact, the question remains as to whether the BPD even released it to Keenan's office when she took the case over.

And Keenan never said the tape and the CD were identicle. From what I remember reading, when questioned about their differences, she said she was surprised to hear they are different - she thought they were the same.

The original version Keenan released on audio tape both starts and ends in different locations than the CD version. It was the audio tape version that Wood was out promoting.

In his book, Steve Thomas claims the BPD heard John and Burke's voices on the Aerospace Corp enhanced 911 tape.

In his recent book, Dr. Henry Lee states that John and Patsy Ramsey's statements to LE are inconsistent with information on the recording of the 911 tape.

Bonita Sauer, who copied BPD files while she worked for a "dream team" lawyer, had this to say:

After re-listening to the recording of the 911 call made by Patsy in the early morning of December 26, detectives thought they could hear a conversation in the background while Patsy was attempting to hang up the phone. On April 21, Detective Melissa Hickman flew to Los Angeles to meet with Mike Epstein and Jim Roeder, engineers at Aerospace Corporation, for purposes of enhancing the recording of the 911 call received at the Boulder Regional Dispatch Center.

At her first meeting with the three engineers, Hickman was told that it appeared that the cassette had been recorded in a Dictaphone format which would require a special recorder to recopy. Hickman drove to the nearest Dictaphone company which was located in the San Fernando Valley. A Dictaphone technician examined the tape and told Hickman that the information was not recorded in Dictaphone format. Hickman, feeling the frustration of the proverbial goose chase, returned to her hotel.

That evening, Roeder called her at the hotel and asked her to return to Aerospace. Roeder had decided that the tape probably had been recorded on a regular format which could be copied digitally by their computer. A hard drive disk was made of the tape, and this disk was copied to a JAZ drive, a large disk with more memory than a standard floppy disk.

On the morning of April 22, Hickman met again with Roeder in his office at Aerospace. The detective and the engineer went to a small lab to work with the disk to try to filter out extraneous noise and enhance the voices in the background. Roeder made several variations using different noise reduction settings, and those recordings were then copied onto the JAZ drive. They returned to Roeder's office where they were able to further enhance the disk. With this latest enhancement, they were able to hear two voices on the tape one of which sounded like a juvenile male, and the second one appeared to be Patsy. The first words seemed to belong to the juvenile, and then Patsy is heard to say, "Help me Jesus, help me Jesus." The voice again appeared to be the "juvenile male saying, "Please, what do I do?'' Hickman and Roeder agreed to meet again in the morning to continue enhancing the tape.

When Hickman returned to Aerospace the next morning to meet with Roeder, he said that he had continued listening to the disk after Hickman had left for the evening. He and another engineer had played the original version of the 911 call that had been transferred to the JAZ drive and found that to be the clearest recording. Both engineers had heard three distinct voices on the tape and written down that they thought was being said. The tape
was then played for Hickman. After listening to the tape three or four times, Hickman heard John Ramsey say “We’re not speaking to you”. In what sounded like a very angry voice. Patsy then says, “Help me Jesus, help me Jesus,” and finally Burke is clearly heard to say, “Well, what did you find?”; with an emphasis on the word “did.” After Hickman told the engineers her impression of the conversation, Roeder handed her a piece of notepaper containing the conversation heard by himself and his fellow engineer – the conversation as written down was exactly as Hickman herself had just heard.

IMO the fact that LinWad lied is secondary to the fact that John, Patsy, and Burke Ramsey lied to LE from their very first contact. Are these the acts of a grieving family seeking justice for their dead daughter/sister? NOT IMO

I'm not confused Shylock, however I believe you and many other people have been lied to about just what type and how many tapes are out there.

Maybe it's not in you to figure out what a "slept through it all" 10 year old had to testify about for over 5 hours, or why his attorney had requested a copy of the 911 tape, after the Vanity Fair article, and recieved it and why he would want it if there was nothing on it and he believed his client was asleep. The burdon of proof is on the BPD/DA's office to show Burke was awake, not Burke's attorney to prove his client wasn't on it.

I believe that the Ramsey's had requested a copy of the enhanced tape (maybe it wasn't the enhanced version) and they revcieved the tape. The DA at the time had access to the case documents, evidence, etc (that he shared with Shapiro and Schiller) since it was his office that would have to file charges. I believe Hunter could have, and did, give out a copy of the enhanced version of the 911 tape, either that or the Ramsey's had the tape enhanced on their own. Much like they did their self sponsored polygraphs and had the pig stun gun tests done on their own.

Why would Keenan's office put out 2 differnt versions of the tape? To make themselves look more incompetant than they already do? I don't believe they did. I believe it depends on what type of equipment you're listening to as to what you can hear.

Go to www.forumsforjustice.org and listen to the copy of the 911 tape on there. You don't even need any special equipment to hear Patsy on the end of the tape. It is simply there. Lin Wood said she wasn't on there, but if you taped the show where Katie Couric started talking you can just barely make out that there was something there after the 911 dispatcher said Patsy's name a few times. It wasn't dead silence, the tape was simply stopped at that point on the show. Just like the LKL show. Lin supplied the tape, or what sections of the tape he wanted to have played. He could have even just copied those portions onto a seperate tape for the shows and kept his original locked in his office safe.

Spade said:
In his book, Steve Thomas claims the BPD heard John and Burke's voices on the Aerospace Corp enhanced 911 tape.

In his recent book, Dr. Henry Lee states that John and Patsy Ramsey's statements to LE are inconsistent with information on the recording of the 911 tape.

Bonita Sauer, who copied BPD files while she worked for a "dream team" lawyer, had this to say ....

When Hickman returned to Aerospace the next morning to meet with Roeder, he said that he had continued listening to the disk after Hickman had left for the evening. He and another engineer had played the original version of the 911 call that had been transferred to the JAZ drive and found that to be the clearest recording. Both engineers had heard three distinct voices on the tape and written down that they thought was being said. The tape was then played for Hickman. After listening to the tape three or four times, Hickman heard John Ramsey say “We’re not speaking to you”. In what sounded like a very angry voice. Patsy then says, “Help me Jesus, help me Jesus,” and finally Burke is clearly heard to say, “Well, what did you find?”; with an emphasis on the word “did.” After Hickman told the engineers her impression of the conversation, Roeder handed her a piece of notepaper containing the conversation heard by himself and his fellow engineer – the conversation as written down was exactly as Hickman herself had just heard.

So, let me get this straight.

After Patsy tries to hang up, there is more conversation.

John says angrily, "We're not speaking to you."

Patsy says, "Help me Jesus, help me Jesus."

Burke says, "Well, what DID you find?"

Separately Hickman and the two engineers heard this exact conversation, so it was not heard, or written down, by the power of suggestion.

Obviously, Burke hears the commotion when Patsy calls 911, and he comes to where his parents are are standing by the phone and stairs. As he hears Patsy talking to the operator, and he starts asking questions. John tries to squelch Burke's questions by shushing him with a "We're not speaking to you" like you would if a child interrupted an adult conversation.

Patsy starts moaning, "Help me Jesus, help me Jesus."

Burke, not understanding what is going on with the phone call, sees the ransom note lying in the floor (and getting no answers from his parents) asks, "Well, what DID you find?"

So why would John and Patsy lie about Burke being awake, up out of bed, and with them at the end of the 911 phone call?

Oh wait. I know the answer.

And so do they.

IMO

Wrangler said:
Why would Keenan's office put out 2 differnt versions of the tape? To make themselves look more incompetant than they already do? I don't believe they did. I believe it depends on what type of equipment you're listening to as to what you can hear.
Because Keenan is a ditz, and she always has been. You have to ask yourself what was the point of her releasing case evidence in the first place? Just what was it supposed to accomplish?

I have copies of BOTH versions of the tape Keenan released. The CD version is different than the audio tape version--it both starts and ends at different points. The audio tape version is cut off so early that not only do you not hear Patsy's "help me Jesus" cries, you don't get to hear the 4-second gap of silence where John and Burke's voices were removed.

The difference between the two recordings is not "equipment dependent" as you think. The actual length of the recordings can be measured, and the audio tape version is probably 15 seconds shorter than the CD version. The audio tape version ends prematurely which is why neither of the audio labs the NBC Today Show took the tape to was able to find any additional voices.

I'm not doubting that Burke's voice appears on the original 911 tape. It just doesn't appear on either of the redacted copies that Keenan released to the public.

I understand what you're saying now Shylock. Thanks for that explination.

I still think Wood lied and had a complete copy of the tape and knew Patsy's voice was on the end of it. If he didn't I believe he would have filed something on her or her office by now. IMO he'd find something to go after them for.

You have to ask yourself what was the point of her releasing case evidence in the first place? Just what was it supposed to accomplish?

To keep him satiated so he wouldn't threaten them with a lawsuit like he did the BPD IMO. IOW they threw the dog a bone to keep him quiet and appeased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back