Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 347
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,694

    The Use of the Shovel

    I know that there are a lot of theories about the shovel. Some people think that it was used to bury a body. Some think that it was used to break into the shed. I thought that it might be a good idea to put them all in one place.
    Some think that it was just a ruse, she went next door to steal something and didn't expect the neighbor to be there and had to make something up.

    I'll start it off. I think that Casey must have been using it to break into the shed. The neighbor said that she had the shovel for an hour at most. Casey was not accustomed to hard labor, so I think if she was burying something that ot would have taken her a lot longer.
    Alternate theory, if she was digging up something small it wouldn't have taken her very long. Bottles of chloroform are typically small. Maybe she had used it in the past and then buried it in the yard, but got nervous and dug it up later on.

    Mods: if this is a duplicate, please merge, I really did search beforehand and didn't see a shovel thread.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,694
    I did search, could not find one still active.
    Last edited by JBean; 09-07-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: removed quote
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,810
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I did search, could not find one still active.
    They become active when you post on them! They pop right up to the front page.


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,810
    Do you mean perhaps she broke the lock with the shovel?


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Sheriff Joe!
    Posts
    445
    My guess is that she tried to hide Caylee's body with the shovel at first.




    "Casey Anthony has no soul"~ from my good friend Lacey


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    205
    I believe she used the shovel as a pry bar. What is she gonna say to her neighbor "excuse me do have a pry bar I can borrow?" If she broke into the shed she needed something to do it with, and if all tools were locked up in the shed, how exactly did she break into the shed? With the butter knife found in her car?

    If she undug something and was going to rebury it, why would she return the shovel before leaving her parents house? Seems to me she'd need a shovel to re-bury. And the gas, has already been said that it would NOT create hot enough flames to cremate a human body even the size of Caylee.

    That leaves ponds, lakes, and rivers ... or somewhere out in the open should Caylee really be dead. (Zenaida by the way ... is also a dove known to inhabit Florida). The twists and the turns make me dizzy.


  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    I believe she used the shovel as a pry bar. What is she gonna say to her neighbor "excuse me do have a pry bar I can borrow?" If she broke into the shed she needed something to do it with, and if all tools were locked up in the shed, how exactly did she break into the shed? With the butter knife found in her car?

    If she undug something and was going to rebury it, why would she return the shovel before leaving her parents house? Seems to me she'd need a shovel to re-bury. And the gas, has already been said that it would NOT create hot enough flames to cremate a human body even the size of Caylee.

    That leaves ponds, lakes, and rivers ... or somewhere out in the open should Caylee really be dead. (Zenaida by the way ... is also a dove known to inhabit Florida). The twists and the turns make me dizzy.
    She wouldn't have needed to borrow a shovel to get into the shed. She had access to the entire house so why couldn't she find something to open the shed in there?


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagney View Post
    My guess is that she tried to hide Caylee's body with the shovel at first.
    If she did use it to bury Caylee in the yard, I don't think it was premeditated. If she had thought it through even a bit, she would have thought about where she was going to put her body. I can't see her parents back yard being a choice. If the dogs were accurate in the yard, then she most likely used it to bury Caylee, then moved her. It's hard to know without knowing if any kind of evidence came off of the shovel.


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by monoxide View Post
    She wouldn't have needed to borrow a shovel to get into the shed. She had access to the entire house so why couldn't she find something to open the shed in there?
    It could be just as easily said that she couldn't. MAYBE she couldn't find something big enough to give her enough push/pull.

    Oh I know, she left with Caylee on the 16th and killed her, ran home and buried her later on the 16th or perhaps on the 17th w/out a shovel, then on the 18th borrowed one from her neighbor to unbury her and move her?


  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    It could be just as easily said that she couldn't. MAYBE she couldn't find something big enough to give her enough push/pull.

    Oh I know, she left with Caylee on the 16th and killed her, ran home and buried her later on the 16th or perhaps on the 17th w/out a shovel, then on the 18th borrowed one from her neighbor to unbury her and move her?
    No idea honestly, this lady and her family are so screwed up I don't know what to believe


  12. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    205
    what family wouldn't be screwed up at a time like this?


  13. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    205
    P.S... when they've already been a tad on the screwy side all along


  14. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    P.S... when they've already been a tad on the screwy side all along
    True.........you must be a supporter? or Anthony family or Anthony family friend? just kidding


  15. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by monoxide View Post
    True.........you must be a supporter? or Anthony family or Anthony family friend? just kidding
    No... I'm just on the fence is all. Casey will have her day in court, but if anyone from WS is gonna help figure this out, it's gonna take looking at it with eyes that are more than ajar.

    Tunnel vision doesn't work. Getting side-tracked doesn't work. Listening to all things, and thinking of all angles regardless of how you feel about the ppl involved, is what works.


  16. #15
    Deputy Andy's Avatar
    Deputy Andy is offline "Achievement is its own reward - pride obscures it." - Major Briggs, Twin Peaks
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    281
    Nothing makes sense about any of Casey's story. Nothing she has said works as a cover-up because most things are provable lies. It's as though she's playing some sort of sick game with everyone: "I did something bad but now you have to guess what it is and how I did it." The shovel is a completely over-the-top element. If you really want to direct suspicion at yourself when your child is missing, borrow a shovel from the neighbor. I think she is deliberately directing all suspicion toward herself, which makes this one of the most fascinating cases ever.
    "There's absolutely nothing to find out." - Casey Anthony, jailhouse call with brother Lee


  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Deputy Andy For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wood furniture, ROPE and a SHOVEL Found 2-17-09
    By butterfly1978 in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 03:01 AM
  2. A makeshift (Chair),shovel, and rope
    By MADJGNLAW in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 02:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •