Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Use of the Shovel

The Use of the Shovel

I know that there are a lot of theories about the shovel. Some people think that it was used to bury a body. Some think that it was used to break into the shed. I thought that it might be a good idea to put them all in one place.
    Some think that it was just a ruse, she went next door to steal something and didn't expect the neighbor to be there and had to make something up.

I'll start it off. I think that Casey must have been using it to break into the shed. The neighbor said that she had the shovel for an hour at most. Casey was not accustomed to hard labor, so I think if she was burying something that ot would have taken her a lot longer.
    Alternate theory, if she was digging up something small it wouldn't have taken her very long. Bottles of chloroform are typically small. Maybe she had used it in the past and then buried it in the yard, but got nervous and dug it up later on.

Mods: if this is a duplicate, please merge, I really did search beforehand and didn't see a shovel thread.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

I did search, could not find one still active.
    Last edited by JBean; 09-07-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: removed quote
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I did search, could not find one still active.
    They become active when you post on them! They pop right up to the front page.

Do you mean perhaps she broke the lock with the shovel?

My guess is that she tried to hide Caylee's body with the shovel at first.

"Casey Anthony has no soul"~ from my good friend Lacey

I believe she used the shovel as a pry bar. What is she gonna say to her neighbor "excuse me do have a pry bar I can borrow?" If she broke into the shed she needed something to do it with, and if all tools were locked up in the shed, how exactly did she break into the shed? With the butter knife found in her car?

If she undug something and was going to rebury it, why would she return the shovel before leaving her parents house? Seems to me she'd need a shovel to re-bury. And the gas, has already been said that it would NOT create hot enough flames to cremate a human body even the size of Caylee.

That leaves ponds, lakes, and rivers ... or somewhere out in the open should Caylee really be dead. (Zenaida by the way ... is also a dove known to inhabit Florida). The twists and the turns make me dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    I believe she used the shovel as a pry bar. What is she gonna say to her neighbor "excuse me do have a pry bar I can borrow?" If she broke into the shed she needed something to do it with, and if all tools were locked up in the shed, how exactly did she break into the shed? With the butter knife found in her car?

If she undug something and was going to rebury it, why would she return the shovel before leaving her parents house? Seems to me she'd need a shovel to re-bury. And the gas, has already been said that it would NOT create hot enough flames to cremate a human body even the size of Caylee.

That leaves ponds, lakes, and rivers ... or somewhere out in the open should Caylee really be dead. (Zenaida by the way ... is also a dove known to inhabit Florida). The twists and the turns make me dizzy.
    She wouldn't have needed to borrow a shovel to get into the shed. She had access to the entire house so why couldn't she find something to open the shed in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cagney View Post
    My guess is that she tried to hide Caylee's body with the shovel at first.
    If she did use it to bury Caylee in the yard, I don't think it was premeditated. If she had thought it through even a bit, she would have thought about where she was going to put her body. I can't see her parents back yard being a choice. If the dogs were accurate in the yard, then she most likely used it to bury Caylee, then moved her. It's hard to know without knowing if any kind of evidence came off of the shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by monoxide View Post
    She wouldn't have needed to borrow a shovel to get into the shed. She had access to the entire house so why couldn't she find something to open the shed in there?
    It could be just as easily said that she couldn't. MAYBE she couldn't find something big enough to give her enough push/pull.

Oh I know, she left with Caylee on the 16th and killed her, ran home and buried her later on the 16th or perhaps on the 17th w/out a shovel, then on the 18th borrowed one from her neighbor to unbury her and move her?

It could be just as easily said that she couldn't. MAYBE she couldn't find something big enough to give her enough push/pull.

Oh I know, she left with Caylee on the 16th and killed her, ran home and buried her later on the 16th or perhaps on the 17th w/out a shovel, then on the 18th borrowed one from her neighbor to unbury her and move her?
    No idea honestly, this lady and her family are so screwed up I don't know what to believe

what family wouldn't be screwed up at a time like this?

P.S... when they've already been a tad on the screwy side all along

P.S... when they've already been a tad on the screwy side all along
    True.........you must be a supporter? or Anthony family or Anthony family friend? just kidding

True.........you must be a supporter? or Anthony family or Anthony family friend? just kidding
    No... I'm just on the fence is all. Casey will have her day in court, but if anyone from WS is gonna help figure this out, it's gonna take looking at it with eyes that are more than ajar.

Tunnel vision doesn't work. Getting side-tracked doesn't work. Listening to all things, and thinking of all angles regardless of how you feel about the ppl involved, is what works.

Deputy Andy is offline "Achievement is its own reward - pride obscures it." - Major Briggs, Twin Peaks
    Nothing makes sense about any of Casey's story. Nothing she has said works as a cover-up because most things are provable lies. It's as though she's playing some sort of sick game with everyone: "I did something bad but now you have to guess what it is and how I did it." The shovel is a completely over-the-top element. If you really want to direct suspicion at yourself when your child is missing, borrow a shovel from the neighbor. I think she is deliberately directing all suspicion toward herself, which makes this one of the most fascinating cases ever.
    "There's absolutely nothing to find out." - Casey Anthony, jailhouse call with brother Lee

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Deputy Andy For This Useful Post:

When did the grandparents first lock the shed? If Caylee had an accident (drowning?) on the 15 or 16th and Casey had access to the shed and tools and buried Caylee in a very shallow grave under the playhouse. Then on the 18th she panicked, went to the house to dig up Caylee and the shed is locked! So she borrows a shovel from neighbor and it doesn't take long because Caylee is buried so shallow. She then puts her in the trunk and drives around for a few days. Thus the decomp smell.

This is the best explanation of why the dogs hit in the back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Andy View Post
    Nothing makes sense about any of Casey's story. Nothing she has said works as a cover-up because most things are provable lies. It's as though she's playing some sort of sick game with everyone: "I did something bad but now you have to guess what it is and how I did it." The shovel is a completely over-the-top element. If you really want to direct suspicion at yourself when your child is missing, borrow a shovel from the neighbor. I think she is deliberately directing all suspicion toward herself, which makes this one of the most fascinating cases ever.
    Deputy Andy, I have no idea what the hell she used the shovel for. I look back when I was her age.....I've alway's been a very strong woman, you know with muscles, and using that shovel to dig a hole takes a WHOLE lot of strength! AND WHY would you bury someone in a hole in the ground when you could put a dead body away in a dumpster, or a swamp.....?

I'm' going with dumpster because my simple mind say's that's easier.

Now I have my 11 yr. old grandson, who wants to be a Forensic Scientist and is interested in the case. Yesterday, he told me he will work on this case and he was very serious! Took a pad and was writing down clues.

He is by the way, very bright, looks like Harry Potter, a real nerd. I adore him. IF he come's up with any GOOD clues I'll let you know!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
    mama

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Love_Mama For This Useful Post:

Shavaun is offline I can't figure out if this is Jimmy or Pinky. Has he got one eye or two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Mama View Post
    Deputy Andy, I have no idea what the hell she used the shovel for. I look back when I was her age.....I've alway's been a very strong woman, you know with muscles, and using that shovel to dig a hole takes a WHOLE lot of strength! AND WHY would you bury someone in a hole in the ground when you could put a dead body away in a dumpster, or a swamp.....?

Now I have my 11 yr. old grandson, who wants to be a Forensic Scientist and is interested in the case. Yesterday, he told me he will work on this case and he was very serious! Took a pad and was writing down clues.

He is by the way, very bright, looks like Harry Potter, a real nerd. I adore him. IF he come's up with any GOOD clues I'll let you know!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
    mama

Keep us updated on his findings!

"As of this writing, there is nothing to suggest that anyone but Casey Anthony is responsible for the death and disposable of Caylee Anthony."

Detective Corporal Yuri Melich
    OSCO Supplemental Report
    Case Number 08-074777
    eid 002684

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Andy View Post

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
    mama

Wasn't there dirt found in the trunk of the car? It's hard for me to believe she would borrow a shovel from a neighbor in order to bury/rebury her daughter. That would be evidence held against her.. If I were the neighbor I would be suspicious as to why she wants a shovel??? Does Casey look the type to need one???? Did the neighbor ask why she wanted the shovel???

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PaperDoll For This Useful Post:

I still wonder just how long she had the shovel in her possession? Three hours before she returned it to her neighbor? 1/2 an hour? That first needs to be known. Do we know that she borrowed the shovel on the 17th or later? If so, I missed it, which is not surprising. BTW, did LE confiscate the shovel?

I still do not think Casey walked through swamps, mud, water, bugs, etc. to bury or leave Caylee. Either she had help or she placed her in a dumpster or at a landfill somewhere.

There's a part of me that feels Casey wanted to punish her parents with taking away the one person whom they love. Casey may have been very jealous of the love and adoration Caylee has received in addition to preventing her from enjoying her social life. Just my opinion, of course.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:

If I needed to break into my shed, a shovel would not be the first tool on my mind to use for this. Her car was there, she should have a jack and a tire iron which usually has a pry bar end on it. Why not use that to break in with? it would have been easier and she wouldn't have had to borrow anything.

The shovel confuses me. If she could break into the shed why borrow a shovel? Why not just use their shovel?

As far as the shovel use goes, if she dug up roots wouldn't the GPs have noticed that she dug around in the back yard? Why not just say "Yes she borrowed a shovel to dig up roots and here is the exact spot where she did it?

The only thing ever mentioned that was dug up in the yard was the bush/tree/whatever that both Anthonys agree was moved. If she did bury Caylee in the backyard temporarily that makes both her statements and her parents statements suspect IMO.
    This OPINION is MINE. There are MANY like it, but this one is MINE.

I reserve the right to at any time.

Want to know what all the hip, environmentally friendly babies are wearing this year?
    Check out Nana's Natural Nappies for the best choices in cloth diapering and accessories.
    Natural and organic products are available for mom, too!
    10% discount on all orders over $50 during grand opening. US only.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to 100%Agave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by love.child View Post
    When did the grandparents first lock the shed? If Caylee had an accident (drowning?) on the 15 or 16th and Casey had access to the shed and tools and buried Caylee in a very shallow grave under the playhouse. Then on the 18th she panicked, went to the house to dig up Caylee and the shed is locked! So she borrows a shovel from neighbor and it doesn't take long because Caylee is buried so shallow. She then puts her in the trunk and drives around for a few days. Thus the decomp smell.

This is the best explanation of why the dogs hit in the back yard.
    --------------------
    This expanded my thinking on the events.

Could she have borrowed the shovel to dig the hiding place, placed Caylee's body into the very shallow hole; then realized despite feeling she had superhuman strength because of drug use, that she couldn't do it the way she wanted, then she puts Caylee's body back in the trunk.

I think she may have borrowed the shovel to try and bury her in the backyard. She then found how hard it is to actually dig so she left her in the sandbox for awhile (wasn't there a hit on the sandbox?). I am not trying to be graphic here, but my husband does actually work in a cemetery and sometimes has to dig a small grave by hand. Even on the best days its a lot of hard work and will take him quite some time-and he is use to doing hard work. Casey would not have been able to dig for very long-if at all. That's why I belive she had help later on to dispose of Caylee or she actually decided to use the dumpster.

The sheds had been burglarized previously...Maybe locks were placed o them then.

That's why I think on that Monday, after George left for work or sent Casey on her way...She realized she had now been locked out of the home. This is what started the flurry of phone calls & no one answering her.

IMO the neighbor cannot say for sure which day Casey borrowed the shovel.

It was probably used for many reasons.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast