The Use of the Shovel

not_my_kids

Reaction score
I know that there are a lot of theories about the shovel. Some people think that it was used to bury a body. Some think that it was used to break into the shed. I thought that it might be a good idea to put them all in one place.
Some think that it was just a ruse, she went next door to steal something and didn't expect the neighbor to be there and had to make something up.

I'll start it off. I think that Casey must have been using it to break into the shed. The neighbor said that she had the shovel for an hour at most. Casey was not accustomed to hard labor, so I think if she was burying something that ot would have taken her a lot longer.
Alternate theory, if she was digging up something small it wouldn't have taken her very long. Bottles of chloroform are typically small. Maybe she had used it in the past and then buried it in the yard, but got nervous and dug it up later on.

Mods: if this is a duplicate, please merge, I really did search beforehand and didn't see a shovel thread.

Do you mean perhaps she broke the lock with the shovel?

My guess is that she tried to hide Caylee's body with the shovel at first.

I believe she used the shovel as a pry bar. What is she gonna say to her neighbor "excuse me do have a pry bar I can borrow?" If she broke into the shed she needed something to do it with, and if all tools were locked up in the shed, how exactly did she break into the shed? With the butter knife found in her car?

If she undug something and was going to rebury it, why would she return the shovel before leaving her parents house? Seems to me she'd need a shovel to re-bury. And the gas, has already been said that it would NOT create hot enough flames to cremate a human body even the size of Caylee.

That leaves ponds, lakes, and rivers ... or somewhere out in the open should Caylee really be dead. (Zenaida by the way ... is also a dove known to inhabit Florida). The twists and the turns make me dizzy.

I believe she used the shovel as a pry bar. What is she gonna say to her neighbor "excuse me do have a pry bar I can borrow?" If she broke into the shed she needed something to do it with, and if all tools were locked up in the shed, how exactly did she break into the shed? With the butter knife found in her car?

If she undug something and was going to rebury it, why would she return the shovel before leaving her parents house? Seems to me she'd need a shovel to re-bury. And the gas, has already been said that it would NOT create hot enough flames to cremate a human body even the size of Caylee.

That leaves ponds, lakes, and rivers ... or somewhere out in the open should Caylee really be dead. (Zenaida by the way ... is also a dove known to inhabit Florida). The twists and the turns make me dizzy.

She wouldn't have needed to borrow a shovel to get into the shed. She had access to the entire house so why couldn't she find something to open the shed in there?

My guess is that she tried to hide Caylee's body with the shovel at first.

If she did use it to bury Caylee in the yard, I don't think it was premeditated. If she had thought it through even a bit, she would have thought about where she was going to put her body. I can't see her parents back yard being a choice. If the dogs were accurate in the yard, then she most likely used it to bury Caylee, then moved her. It's hard to know without knowing if any kind of evidence came off of the shovel.

She wouldn't have needed to borrow a shovel to get into the shed. She had access to the entire house so why couldn't she find something to open the shed in there?

It could be just as easily said that she couldn't. MAYBE she couldn't find something big enough to give her enough push/pull.

Oh I know, she left with Caylee on the 16th and killed her, ran home and buried her later on the 16th or perhaps on the 17th w/out a shovel, then on the 18th borrowed one from her neighbor to unbury her and move her?

It could be just as easily said that she couldn't. MAYBE she couldn't find something big enough to give her enough push/pull.

Oh I know, she left with Caylee on the 16th and killed her, ran home and buried her later on the 16th or perhaps on the 17th w/out a shovel, then on the 18th borrowed one from her neighbor to unbury her and move her?

No idea honestly, this lady and her family are so screwed up I don't know what to believe

P.S... when they've already been a tad on the screwy side all along

True.........you must be a supporter? or Anthony family or Anthony family friend? just kidding :crazy:

No... I'm just on the fence is all. Casey will have her day in court, but if anyone from WS is gonna help figure this out, it's gonna take looking at it with eyes that are more than ajar.

Tunnel vision doesn't work. Getting side-tracked doesn't work. Listening to all things, and thinking of all angles regardless of how you feel about the ppl involved, is what works.

Nothing makes sense about any of Casey's story. Nothing she has said works as a cover-up because most things are provable lies. It's as though she's playing some sort of sick game with everyone: "I did something bad but now you have to guess what it is and how I did it." The shovel is a completely over-the-top element. If you really want to direct suspicion at yourself when your child is missing, borrow a shovel from the neighbor. I think she is deliberately directing all suspicion toward herself, which makes this one of the most fascinating cases ever.

When did the grandparents first lock the shed? If Caylee had an accident (drowning?) on the 15 or 16th and Casey had access to the shed and tools and buried Caylee in a very shallow grave under the playhouse. Then on the 18th she panicked, went to the house to dig up Caylee and the shed is locked! So she borrows a shovel from neighbor and it doesn't take long because Caylee is buried so shallow. She then puts her in the trunk and drives around for a few days. Thus the decomp smell.

This is the best explanation of why the dogs hit in the back yard.

Nothing makes sense about any of Casey's story. Nothing she has said works as a cover-up because most things are provable lies. It's as though she's playing some sort of sick game with everyone: "I did something bad but now you have to guess what it is and how I did it." The shovel is a completely over-the-top element. If you really want to direct suspicion at yourself when your child is missing, borrow a shovel from the neighbor. I think she is deliberately directing all suspicion toward herself, which makes this one of the most fascinating cases ever.

Deputy Andy, I have no idea what the hell she used the shovel for. I look back when I was her age.....I've alway's been a very strong woman, you know with muscles, and using that shovel to dig a hole takes a WHOLE lot of strength! AND WHY would you bury someone in a hole in the ground when you could put a dead body away in a dumpster, or a swamp.....?

I'm' going with dumpster because my simple mind say's that's easier.

Now I have my 11 yr. old grandson, who wants to be a Forensic Scientist and is interested in the case. Yesterday, he told me he will work on this case and he was very serious! Took a pad and was writing down clues. :D

He is by the way, very bright, looks like Harry Potter, a real nerd. I adore him. IF he come's up with any GOOD clues I'll let you know!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Deputy Andy, I have no idea what the hell she used the shovel for. I look back when I was her age.....I've alway's been a very strong woman, you know with muscles, and using that shovel to dig a hole takes a WHOLE lot of strength! AND WHY would you bury someone in a hole in the ground when you could put a dead body away in a dumpster, or a swamp.....?

Now I have my 11 yr. old grandson, who wants to be a Forensic Scientist and is interested in the case. Yesterday, he told me he will work on this case and he was very serious! Took a pad and was writing down clues. :D

He is by the way, very bright, looks like Harry Potter, a real nerd. I adore him. IF he come's up with any GOOD clues I'll let you know!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama

Keep us updated on his findings!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama

Wasn't there dirt found in the trunk of the car? It's hard for me to believe she would borrow a shovel from a neighbor in order to bury/rebury her daughter. That would be evidence held against her.. If I were the neighbor I would be suspicious as to why she wants a shovel??? Does Casey look the type to need one???? Did the neighbor ask why she wanted the shovel???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back