1537 users online (230 members and 1307 guests)  

Websleuths News

Rug???

I thought I saw on NG that searchers were told to look for a rolled up rug. I can't find any other information on that. Is that true or just misreporting?

Quote Originally Posted by nnglas View Post
    I thought I saw on NG that searchers were told to look for a rolled up rug. I can't find any other information on that. Is that true or just misreporting?
    Great question, I've been wondering the same thing. I heard it once on NG and it hasn't been mentioned since, she also said a duffel bag IIRC. Hmmm wonder if those are missing items from the Anthony home???

There's been a lot of misreporting. I watched NG last night, and don't recalled that being mentioned.

"The women said they already had walked through thick brush and swamp, where they encountered snakes. Volunteers were told to keep an eye out for rolled-up rugs, duffel bags and bones, they said."

"Mandy Albritton, search director for EquuSearch, said those are standard items to search for. Volunteers are also routinely told to keep an eye out for children's shoes, baby blankets, tire tracks and freshly disturbed dirt."
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5244190.story

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    There's been a lot of misreporting. I watched NG last night, and don't recalled that being mentioned.
    They did say that but it was in reference to brief training all searchers get, that lots of people dispose of bodies in these types of things, carpet, duffel bags, blankets, so they should not ignore obvious things like that, and to look for anything weird.

oh alright, those are typical things of interest to search for. Nothing that directly pertains to "evidence" in this case.

Has anyone searched for where the doves flock in this case?

Zenaida is the name of a known PR/FL dove.

The Zenaida Dove is a transient visiter of the Keys of East Florida. Some of the fishermen think that it may be met with there at all seasons, but my observations induce me to assert the contrary. It appears in the islands near Indian Key about the 15th of April, continues to increase in numbers until the month of October, and then returns to the West India Islands, whence it originally came.

Those Keys which have their interior covered with grass and low shrubs, and are girt by a hedge of mangroves, or other trees of inferior height, are selected by them for breeding; and as there are but few of this description, their places of resort are well known, and are called Pigeon or "Dove Keys."

This species resorts to certain wells, which are said to have been dug by pirates, at a remote period. There the Zenaida Doves and other birds are sure to be seen morning and evening. The loose sand thrown up about these wells suits them well to dust in, and clean their apparel.

========================================

http://www.audubon.org/bird/boa/F29_G1c.html

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    A searcher, whom I know said that's what the searchers were told-- to look for a rolled rung and a duffel bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    A searcher, whom I know said that's what the searchers were told-- to look for a rolled rung and a duffel bag.
    In the morning when the searchers go out there's a briefing. TES tells them the things to look for. There is a group leader and that person may have used "examples" of what to look for. I do not think they were told to specifically look for a body wrapped up in a rug with a duffle bag.

I think they should end the search in the areas they are combing and focus on the landfill. Casey is way to lazy to hike into a wooded area and dig a grave. She would use a dumpster. JMO

diz39 is offline This piggy went "Weeeee!" all the way home!
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlinDebSD View Post
    In the morning when the searchers go out there's a briefing. TES tells them the things to look for. There is a group leader and that person may have used "examples" of what to look for. I do not think they were told to specifically look for a body wrapped up in a rug with a duffle bag.

I think they should end the search in the areas they are combing and focus on the landfill. Casey is way to lazy to hike into a wooded area and dig a grave. She would use a dumpster. JMO
    I agree with you: she would be in to much oif a hurry to get back to what she wanted to do to dig a grave. That is so sick I feel like vomiting.

I heard last night that Equusearch will be checking out a new cement slab at the Anthony's home. Am I imagining this or is this a place where the cadaver dogs found a hit? Mho Cindy seem like a very ungrateful person. So many people are out there looking for this little girl and I have not heard her thank one person. I did not see her even bring one jug of water out to the searchers. Equusearch is running out of money, maybe she can sell some more of her family pictures and donate the cash to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brini View Post
    they were told to look for that because in a lot of cases that is how bodies are found .that is what i read anyway and no i dont have a link lol