1197 users online (270 members and 927 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What was Casey's motive to Kill?

Voters
483. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caylee interfered with Casey's partying lifestyle

45 9.32%
  • Caylee tattled on Casey to Cindy

16 3.31%
  • Revenge/rage against Cindy

83 17.18%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

22 4.55%
  • more than one of the above

366 75.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Motive

Caylee was almost three and really beginning to verbalize.

Quetion: What could be worse for a patholgical liar like Casey?
    Answer: A talking three year old.

From this child speech development page:
    http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/...elopment.shtml

36 Months:
    Use pronouns I, you, me correctly
    Is using some plurals and past tenses
    Knows at least three prepositions, usually in, on, under
    Knows chief parts of body and should be able to indicate these if not name
    Handles three word sentences easily
    Has in the neighborhood of 900-1000 words
    About 90% of what child says should be intelligible
    Verbs begin to predominate
    Understands most simple questions dealing with his environment and activities
    Relates his experiences so that they can be followed with reason
    Able to reason out such questions as "what must you do when you are sleepy, hungry, cool, or thirsty?"
    Should be able to give his sex, name, age
    Should not be expected to answer all questions even though he understands what is expected

I think she killed her deliberately. Partly because she was interfering with partying and CA and GA were pressuring her to take better care of Caylee and not constantly leave her with them and partly because Caylee was beginning to speak. Like I said above---disaster to a liar like Casey...

For example:
    Caylee: "Mommy, I had fun when we went to Target and the park and [insert bofriend's name] house yesterday."

Say, Caylee says this in front of a different boyfriend or her parents when Casey had told an entirely different story to them. ----that Casey had been at work or school or any number of places she and Caylee hadn't really been....

etc., etc., etc.

And if Casey were involved in or around any sort of illegal activity, that would increase her motive even more.
    Last edited by JBean; 09-14-2008 at 03:15 AM.

Marlap, you are most definately on to something here! Brilliant post!

I am a Speech Pathologist and I have to agree that your info is correct however there is a WIDE variation in these development patterns!

Not sure if that is/was her motivation, but she definately would have begun to talk about what she was really doing and maybe even question some of the things that were going on as she approached the "age of reason". That would definately tarnish the "Mother of the Year" facade!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Marlap, you are most definately on to something here! Brilliant post!
    Thanks, Patience... I really think that this could be at least part of Casey's motive if she killed her deliberately, and the Internet searches for chloroform really makes me think she may have.

Quote Originally Posted by andjusticeforall View Post
    I am a Speech Pathologist and I have to agree that your info is correct however there is a WIDE variation in these development patterns!

Not sure if that is/was her motivation, but she definately would have begun to talk about what she was really doing and maybe even question some of the things that were going on as she approached the "age of reason". That would definately tarnish the "Mother of the Year" facade!
    That's such a fascinating field!

Even with the wide range of development patterns, Caylee was only getting older and it may have begun to scare Casey the liar. Maybe there was a "close call" in front of Casey's parents, or something.

diz39 is offline This piggy went "Weeeee!" all the way home!
    Marlap:
    Excellent point, one I have not heard here before. If you think about it, it really makes sense, as who can control what comes 'from the mouth of babes"?

She couldn't control the mouth of the baby at all but she could control what the little girl saw, heard, and even remembered by using the chloroform to prevent her from seeing, hearing, and remembering certain events...

Excuse me if this is a newbie question, my memory isn't very good at times, and maybe I've seen evidence of this, but have since forgotten.

If this were to be true, in the statements made by at least one of Casey's friends, would they have not said something to the effect, that they had a feeling Casey was lying to them because Caylee's statements didn't seem to coincide (sp) with Casey's?

From what I remember, all her freinds didn't start looking at her that way until all this started happening...but maybe I'm wrong in this.

For her to do something of this nature, I would assume Caylee would have to exibit signs of this for her to think of it. But then, no one really knows exactly what the family and her were arguing about, this could have happened "in family."

Was just wondering if I had missed something is all. Hope I didn't offend.

I don't think I've ever heard anybody talk about Caylee talking but police didn't release everything either

Oh but I assume Caylee could talk pretty well because Cindy said she was in contact with Casey but she wouldn't let her TALK to Caylee? maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by marlap View Post
    Caylee was almost three and really beginning to verbalize.

Quetion: What could be worse for a patholgical liar like Casey?
    Answer: A talking three year old.

From this child speech development page:
    http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/...elopment.shtml

36 Months:
    Use pronouns I, you, me correctly
    Is using some plurals and past tenses
    Knows at least three prepositions, usually in, on, under
    Knows chief parts of body and should be able to indicate these if not name
    Handles three word sentences easily
    Has in the neighborhood of 900-1000 words
    About 90% of what child says should be intelligible

Verbs begin to predominate
    Understands most simple questions dealing with his environment and activities
    Relates his experiences so that they can be followed with reason
    Able to reason out such questions as "what must you do when you are sleepy, hungry, cool, or thirsty?"
    Should be able to give his sex, name, age
    Should not be expected to answer all questions even though he understands what is expected

I think she killed her deliberately. Partly because she was interfering with partying and CA and GA were pressuring her to take better care of Caylee and not constantly leave her with them and partly because Caylee was beginning to speak. Like I said above---disaster to a liar like Casey...

For example:
    Caylee: "Mommy, I had fun when we went to Target and the park and [insert bofriend's name] house yesterday."

Say, Caylee says this in front of a different boyfriend or her parents when Casey had told an entirely different story to them. ----that Casey had been at work or school or any number of places she and Caylee hadn't really been....

etc., etc., etc.

And if Casey were involved in or around any sort of illegal activity, that would increase her motive even more.

When I watch the video of Caylee on June 15th, it appears her vocabulary is limited. About the only clear words are Mama, Papa, and maybe "all done."

http://www.helpfindcaylee.com/pictures

I like this idea. Not necessarily as a motive, but certainly a contributing factor. Hard to keep spinning when Caylee innocently refutes.

This makes a lot of sense! I haven't actually "heard" the video that they have of Caylee on Father's Day but it looks like she was a very smart little girl and this definitely wouldn't have continued to fit with Casey's lifestyle of keeping secrets from her mother.

WHERE IS CAYLEE???

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    When I watch the video of Caylee on June 15th, it appears her vocabulary is limited. About the only clear words are Mama, Papa, and maybe "all done."

http://www.helpfindcaylee.com/pictures

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).
    Almost as if nobody ever communicated with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).
    She knew the word mama really well because she called her doll mama not because she had a real mama.....I'd say she spent more time with that doll than she did with some type of parent figure

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    That's what I thought too, not much communication from the family to help Caylee with words.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast