• Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marlap

Reaction score
Caylee was almost three and really beginning to verbalize.

Quetion: What could be worse for a patholgical liar like Casey?
Answer: A talking three year old.

From this child speech development page:
http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/development/language_development.shtml

36 Months:
Use pronouns I, you, me correctly
Is using some plurals and past tenses
Knows at least three prepositions, usually in, on, under
Knows chief parts of body and should be able to indicate these if not name
Handles three word sentences easily
Has in the neighborhood of 900-1000 words
About 90% of what child says should be intelligible
Verbs begin to predominate
Understands most simple questions dealing with his environment and activities
Relates his experiences so that they can be followed with reason
Able to reason out such questions as "what must you do when you are sleepy, hungry, cool, or thirsty?"
Should be able to give his sex, name, age
Should not be expected to answer all questions even though he understands what is expected

I think she killed her deliberately. Partly because she was interfering with partying and CA and GA were pressuring her to take better care of Caylee and not constantly leave her with them and partly because Caylee was beginning to speak. Like I said above---disaster to a liar like Casey...

For example:
Caylee: "Mommy, I had fun when we went to Target and the park and [insert bofriend's name] house yesterday."

Say, Caylee says this in front of a different boyfriend or her parents when Casey had told an entirely different story to them. ----that Casey had been at work or school or any number of places she and Caylee hadn't really been....

etc., etc., etc.

And if Casey were involved in or around any sort of illegal activity, that would increase her motive even more.

Marlap, you are most definately on to something here! Brilliant post!

I am a Speech Pathologist and I have to agree that your info is correct however there is a WIDE variation in these development patterns!

Not sure if that is/was her motivation, but she definately would have begun to talk about what she was really doing and maybe even question some of the things that were going on as she approached the "age of reason". That would definately tarnish the "Mother of the Year" facade!

Marlap, you are most definately on to something here! Brilliant post!

Thanks, Patience... I really think that this could be at least part of Casey's motive if she killed her deliberately, and the Internet searches for chloroform really makes me think she may have.

I am a Speech Pathologist and I have to agree that your info is correct however there is a WIDE variation in these development patterns!

Not sure if that is/was her motivation, but she definately would have begun to talk about what she was really doing and maybe even question some of the things that were going on as she approached the "age of reason". That would definately tarnish the "Mother of the Year" facade!

That's such a fascinating field!

Even with the wide range of development patterns, Caylee was only getting older and it may have begun to scare Casey the liar. Maybe there was a "close call" in front of Casey's parents, or something.

Marlap:
Excellent point, one I have not heard here before. If you think about it, it really makes sense, as who can control what comes 'from the mouth of babes"?

She couldn't control the mouth of the baby at all but she could control what the little girl saw, heard, and even remembered by using the chloroform to prevent her from seeing, hearing, and remembering certain events...

Excuse me if this is a newbie question, my memory isn't very good at times, and maybe I've seen evidence of this, but have since forgotten.

If this were to be true, in the statements made by at least one of Casey's friends, would they have not said something to the effect, that they had a feeling Casey was lying to them because Caylee's statements didn't seem to coincide (sp) with Casey's?

From what I remember, all her freinds didn't start looking at her that way until all this started happening...but maybe I'm wrong in this.

For her to do something of this nature, I would assume Caylee would have to exibit signs of this for her to think of it. But then, no one really knows exactly what the family and her were arguing about, this could have happened "in family."

Was just wondering if I had missed something is all. Hope I didn't offend. :)

I don't think I've ever heard anybody talk about Caylee talking but police didn't release everything either

Oh but I assume Caylee could talk pretty well because Cindy said she was in contact with Casey but she wouldn't let her TALK to Caylee? maybe?

Caylee was almost three and really beginning to verbalize.

Quetion: What could be worse for a patholgical liar like Casey?
Answer: A talking three year old.

From this child speech development page:
http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/development/language_development.shtml

36 Months:
Use pronouns I, you, me correctly
Is using some plurals and past tenses
Knows at least three prepositions, usually in, on, under
Knows chief parts of body and should be able to indicate these if not name
Handles three word sentences easily
Has in the neighborhood of 900-1000 words
About 90% of what child says should be intelligible

Verbs begin to predominate
Understands most simple questions dealing with his environment and activities
Relates his experiences so that they can be followed with reason
Able to reason out such questions as "what must you do when you are sleepy, hungry, cool, or thirsty?"
Should be able to give his sex, name, age
Should not be expected to answer all questions even though he understands what is expected

I think she killed her deliberately. Partly because she was interfering with partying and CA and GA were pressuring her to take better care of Caylee and not constantly leave her with them and partly because Caylee was beginning to speak. Like I said above---disaster to a liar like Casey...

For example:
Caylee: "Mommy, I had fun when we went to Target and the park and [insert bofriend's name] house yesterday."

Say, Caylee says this in front of a different boyfriend or her parents when Casey had told an entirely different story to them. ----that Casey had been at work or school or any number of places she and Caylee hadn't really been....

etc., etc., etc.

And if Casey were involved in or around any sort of illegal activity, that would increase her motive even more.

When I watch the video of Caylee on June 15th, it appears her vocabulary is limited. About the only clear words are Mama, Papa, and maybe "all done."

http://www.helpfindcaylee.com/pictures

I like this idea. Not necessarily as a motive, but certainly a contributing factor. Hard to keep spinning when Caylee innocently refutes.

This makes a lot of sense! I haven't actually "heard" the video that they have of Caylee on Father's Day but it looks like she was a very smart little girl and this definitely wouldn't have continued to fit with Casey's lifestyle of keeping secrets from her mother.

When I watch the video of Caylee on June 15th, it appears her vocabulary is limited. About the only clear words are Mama, Papa, and maybe "all done."

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).
Almost as if nobody ever communicated with her.

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).

She knew the word mama really well because she called her doll mama not because she had a real mama.....I'd say she spent more time with that doll than she did with some type of parent figure

That's what I thought too, not much communication from the family to help Caylee with words.

Excuse me if this is a newbie question, my memory isn't very good at times, and maybe I've seen evidence of this, but have since forgotten.

If this were to be true, in the statements made by at least one of Casey's friends, would they have not said something to the effect, that they had a feeling Casey was lying to them because Caylee's statements didn't seem to coincide (sp) with Casey's?

From what I remember, all her freinds didn't start looking at her that way until all this started happening...but maybe I'm wrong in this.

For her to do something of this nature, I would assume Caylee would have to exibit signs of this for her to think of it. But then, no one really knows exactly what the family and her were arguing about, this could have happened "in family."

Was just wondering if I had missed something is all. Hope I didn't offend. :)

Oh gosh, no! :)

I just think Caylee was becoming less useful and more of a liability the older she grew. I think partly because she was beginning to verbalize.

I think Casey is a sociopath and just like Scott Peterson. They use people and get rid of them when there is no more benefit.

I definitely think Casey would have started realizing that Caylee could potentially soon begin exposing her lies because her speech development was at the point of really beginning to be able to communicate.

Coupled with her parents pressuring her to "be more responsible," Caylee's value to Casey was finally being outweighed by the problems Caylee could potentially cause.

Take, for example, Casey dating multiple men...what if Caylee mentioned one of those guys in front of another one?

Basically, I think Casey was beginning to think of these things. A pathological liar would.

Oh, I totally agree. But I also believe Casey knew this wouldn't be true for much longer and it scared her.

My example of Caylee talking in my original post was me thinking what Casey was realizing the future would bring, not that Caylee speaks that well right now...children's speech development is pretty rapid.

Within a few months to a year, Caylee may have been able to start blowing Casey's lies and coupled with her parents' pressuring her that father's day weekend, I think Casey decided to "go ahead and do it now."

I think she had already been planning it becasue of the Internet searches.

Basically, I think Casey was beginning to think of these things. A pathological liar would.

QUOTE]

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, I didn't even think of that. :)
With that being said, I have to agree, it would make sense.

I don't pretend to understand much about the pathological liar mind, which I guess I should, I have a few in the family, (as well as every personality disorder in existence, bipolar, and even a schizophrenic *I know I mangled that*) So it's hard to "wrap my mind" around the fact that someone could think ahead so effectively, and come up with such a conclusion.

However, I do have to say, after hearing how Caylee spoke, she didn't seem to be an effective communicator, but I have a hard time understanding "baby speak," so perhaps she's better than I give her credit for.

Although I have heard other people's children say the most outrageous things, and if I had a lying problem, yea, I would definately be worried about what they would say.

Yes this has been discussed at length before. Age 3- and the months prior is when verbal speech patterns improve etc. Lot's of things happen at this age. This is probably(from experience) one of the more challenging ages I've personally faced. They are becoming little people at this stage with little personalities as well. They are resistant at this age and don't always go with the flow which could have been a big problem for KC.

My kids had a tendancy of saying the cutest things when no one else was around to hear them, and then clamming up when I wanted to show them off to friends and extended family. Caylee may have been less outgoing at the nursing home.

Cindy and Casey could probably understand the things Caylee said much better than those outside the family. I'm not surprized that none of Casey's friends mentioned Caylee talking much.

I think Casey was more concerned about Caylee talking to Cindy.

Susan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back