Jail Call Between Lee and Casey -revisited

SusieClue

Reaction score
I don't know if you do this, but sometimes I'll go back and take another listen to the phone calls and each time something new seems to stand out to me. Today when I took another listen to the jail phone call between Lee and Casey :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ2BxypXC2A

When Lee was drilling Casey about the blackjack that she "lost" and stating that the phone should have been saving the contact number for the babysitter as well as the sim card,
she says, " I set it up after the fact to save just to the sim card." It's probably been discussed, but that phrase seemed like a big slip up to me...
and then - once the call is officially over and the recording comes on about AT&T blah blah....you can hear Casey audibly SIGH loud and long - like that was a really hard performance for her. It is telling and sickening.:mad:

WOW. I had never paid any attention to that phrase before. But it is interesting "after the fact" of what?????
When I listened to that call, just now, I am again reminded of how "contrived" the call sounds.
Like for instance when Lee says "I realize in this day and age no one memorizes phone numbers" It's like he was putting that out there for public consumption. IMHO.
You are right. It's telling.
I am beginning to believe that after Cindy made those first phone calls to LE and then after Lee came over they discovered the truth. They have been in "circle the wagon" mode since that day.
IMHO

Yes it has been discussed. Here is "after the fact" defined...

after the fact after something, especially a criminal act, has been done

Wow, does she ever tell the truth about anything at anytime?? How frustrating. I feel so sorry for the investigators just trying to get a straight answer out of her.

That sigh at the end was VERY telling. That call took a lot out of her. Hard to think up lie after lie.

Great find.

I don't know if you do this, but sometimes I'll go back and take another listen to the phone calls and each time something new seems to stand out to me. Today when I took another listen to the jail phone call between Lee and Casey :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ2BxypXC2A

When Lee was drilling Casey about the blackjack that she "lost" and stating that the phone should have been saving the contact number for the babysitter as well as the sim card,
she says, " I set it up after the fact to save just to the sim card." It's probably been discussed, but that phrase seemed like a big slip up to me...
and then - once the call is officially over and the recording comes on about AT&T blah blah....you can hear Casey audibly SIGH loud and long - like that was a really hard performance for her. It is telling and sickening.:mad:

That sigh is classic! I am also firmly convinced (as someone noted before) that Casey is talking about her walk with LE through Universal when she says she had the blackjack at Universal! She's trying to talk in "code" to Lee.

Sleuthing at its finest, SusieClue. I'm gonna go listen to the whole thing again.

I know that Lee is being very patient and telling her they love her etc. However, I feel like he is debunking her story whilst on the phone with her.

Like when he says something like, "Casey, the contact information is stored to the sim card. That's how that works" and then she starts telling about how she programmed her phone to work a different way. uh huh

Also, he asks her was she at Universal for fun?? The job story has already been proven false and she can't even remember that it seems.

And he asks her how it is possible to have lost the phone but not the sim card at Universal.

He also drills her about Juliet (sp per CA) et al and she can't give a way to contact these people. I'm sorry... if you had been talking to just those people about your missing child, you would have programmed their #s on your cell phone. Even he sees through this, I think.

He was trying to find a way to believe her, but he just logically broke apart her story.

I think he is laying low because he knows that she's a liar and a murderer.

I know that Lee is being very patient and telling her they love her etc. However, I feel like he is debunking her story whilst on the phone with her.

Like when he says something like, "Casey, the contact information is stored to the sim card. That's how that works" and then she starts telling about how she programmed her phone to work a different way. uh huh

Also, he asks her was she at Universal for fun?? The job story has already been proven false and she can't even remember that it seems.

And he asks her how it is possible to have lost the phone but not the sim card at Universal.

He also drills her about Juliet (sp per CA) et al and she can't give a way to contact these people. I'm sorry... if you had been talking to just those people about your missing child, you would have programmed their #s on your cell phone. Even he sees through this, I think.

He was trying to find a way to believe her, but he just logically broke apart her story.

I think he is laying low because he knows that she's a liar and a murderer.

How could he honestly feel otherwise when it has been proven that a Juliet Lewis NEVER worked at Universal and this Jeff person never introduced Casey to Zanny? That must be like a real slap in the face given how much time and energy he was putting in to try to help her.

Oh wow, I never noticed the sigh before. It is VERY telling..it is SO obvious she is releasing the tension of that phone call!

She's cunning alright, but she slips up. I noticed when Lee asks her where she got the blackjack...long pause and then she hesitantly says "at...the...AT&T store."

Oh wow, I never noticed the sigh before. It is VERY telling..it is SO obvious she is releasing the tension of that phone call!

She's cunning alright, but she slips up. I noticed when Lee asks her where she got the blackjack...long pause and then she hesitantly says "at...the...AT&T store."

It's true that she went to the AT&T store but she pretended (in my opinion) to not remember which one (likely because she used Amy's money to pay for the outstanding balance due on the other phone which got cut off). Maybe she did not want that can of worms opened.

She is still saying she worked at Universal when she'd already admitted to the police that she didn't!

She's still throwing out Juliet Lewis, who didn't work at Universal and who doesn't exist anywhere in the context of Caylee's mom.

Unbelievable. She lied to her brother, straight up, and he still supports her! He must know by now, but somehow he's still with her. Geez, laweez!! Poor Caylee

It's true that she went to the AT&T store but she pretended (in my opinion) to not remember which one (likely because she used Amy's money to pay for the outstanding balance due on the other phone which got cut off). Maybe she did not want that can of worms opened.

Have you noticed, there's never anything specific enough to pin down in Anthonyland. Lots of details, lots of smooth talking, but no exact, factual, verificable information. Poor, poor Caylee

I remember that call. Her response stood out. She really had to work for that lie and it seemed like Lee didn't believe her.

I'm sorry, but maybe someone should have told her that if you're using the same sim card and the same number, it all goes to THE SAME BILL. Using two physical phones doesn't change anything, so if she thinks she can hide behind losing the phone and therefore no numbers will show up anywhere she's mistaken. :D Nice try, Casey.. NEXT!

I took "after the fact" to mean that she didn't have the phone set to save numbers to the SIM card until after she'd added the babysitter's number. You know how you can choose to save to SIM or not. So I thought she didn't start saving numbers to the SIM until later...after she'd gotten the babysitter's number. That's a possibility so I dismissed it. Though she was probably lying about ever having had a number or a babysitter.

I'm sorry, but maybe someone should have told her that if you're using the same sim card and the same number, it all goes to THE SAME BILL. Using two physical phones doesn't change anything, so if she thinks she can hide behind losing the phone and therefore no numbers will show up anywhere she's mistaken. :D Nice try, Casey.. NEXT!
I wish Lee would have just stated that to her, instead of playing along with this nonsense! Not to mention, I don't have any kids, but I would think if I had a baby-sitter, I would talk to them directly, instead of text messaging:rolleyes:

She's a good talker, but she's really not very bright about a lot of things.

The FACT about the phones is that phone company will almost always have records and if Casey and Zenaida EVER communicated by phone, there will be a record. And wouldn't be really strange if in 2-4 years of using a babysitter, there was never ANY record of communication between the mom and the sitter!?

The FACT about the phones is that phone company will almost always have records and if Casey and Zenaida EVER communicated by phone, there will be a record. And wouldn't be really strange if in 2-4 years of using a babysitter, there was never ANY record of communication between the mom and the sitter!?

That sums it up perfectly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back