1097 users online (212 members and 885 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Newborn found at fire department

An unidentied woman called police in Montgomery County, PA stating that a newborn could be found by the flag pole of a local fire department.

The baby boy was located and determined to be about an hour old.

Somewhere a woman or young girl gave birth, and at least had the common sense to call LE so the baby would be safe.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6376280

Bless the woman and the baby! At least there was caring and concern rather than the ones who are just thrown away.

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

Good job to this mother! Police should not be looking for her, IMO. She even placed a phone call to ensure that the baby was found.

I think they should leave her alone. She took the sweet little boy somewhere safe and then called to make sure that he would be found quickly. Good for her.
    Last edited by Kymistry35; 09-08-2008 at 07:34 AM.

grr and they wonder why women dont use the safe haven law. this makes me wanna spit nails!

this mother, in particular, now knows she is being looked for. if she cared enough to call, she cares enough to see this in the paper.

i thought the point was to save babies, not hound women so they wont put them in a safe place and go on with their life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    grr and they wonder why women dont use the safe haven law.
    Exactly!

Kudos to this woman. They should leave her alone because she did the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    grr and they wonder why women dont use the safe haven law. this makes me wanna spit nails!

this mother, in particular, now knows she is being looked for. if she cared enough to call, she cares enough to see this in the paper.

i thought the point was to save babies, not hound women so they wont put them in a safe place and go on with their life.
    amen! i thought the whole point of safe haven laws was to be able to drop off a baby NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Sheeeesh

Ach, they are playing the call from the female who alerted these cops to the baby all over our local news.

It sounds like a young girl, but fairly common. The operator asks her questions and asks her to stay on the line and she says she doesn't want to. Polite. They are also asking for the father of the baby. Are ya freakinkiddinme?

Baby is doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Ach, they are playing the call from the female who alerted these cops to the baby all over our local news.

It sounds like a young girl, but fairly common. The operator asks her questions and asks her to stay on the line and she says she doesn't want to. Polite. They are also asking for the father of the baby. Are ya freakinkiddinme?

Baby is doing fine.
    If they are going to treat the mom like this, what use are the Safe Haven laws? Other pregnant women in desperate situations are going to look at this and figure no way will they leave a baby to be found.

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Apparently safe haven laws in PA are only for a mother to drop the infant off at a hospital. NOT a firehouse, or police station. So they are not counting this as a "safe haven" law. I have called the police, and talked to the detective working the case, and explained my concerns, only to be told that the safe haven law does not apply in this case, because he was dropped off at a firehouse, not a hospital.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

And they expect everyone to know this? This woman probably thought she was abiding by the safe haven laws. It IS different in every state, but common explanations of the law say "fire station, police department, hospital". LEAVE THE WOMAN ALONE! She didn't kill her baby. In this world, that should be applauded.

I was under the understanding that a hospital, fire station, police station or even a church fell under the safe haven law... nationwide as long as the Safe Haven Law was in effect. I am (IMO) a well informed, rather intelligent, adult woman. This woman did the right thing. She should be applauded. Not just for saving her child but for setting an example to other women in her situation.

She did the right thing- most fire stations are manned by EMT's who would know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lilllbird View Post
    I was under the understanding that a hospital, fire station, police station or even a church fell under the safe haven law... nationwide as long as the Safe Haven Law was in effect. I am (IMO) a well informed, rather intelligent, adult woman. This woman did the right thing. She should be applauded. Not just for saving her child but for setting an example to other women in her situation.
    I bolded the above section -- I agree with this completely! At least she didn't put the baby in a dumpster somewhere and leave it to die like so many do. Releasing her phone call is uncalled for, IMO. In Florida, the Safe Haven Law includes hospitals, police stations and fire departments (or at least I think it does).

Now, if someone would just let me adopt the baby it would be much appreciated. Sorry, we're trying to adopt and the wait is driving us crazy.
    Last edited by Bree0372; 09-09-2008 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Add a thought
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast