726 users online (107 members and 619 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 233
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    2,338

    Are the protesters trespassing???

    We keep hearing about the no trespassing signs and whether the property goes to the road, so I went to the tax office site and got this picture. Note the red outline was put there by the tax office not me.



    So the answer is NO, the Anthony's do not own the property between the sidewalk and the road.

    Link to website:

    http://www.ocpafl.org/pls/webappI/ge...6=on&x=43&y=13

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    894
    Thank you! I was trying to research it but was coming up empty handed. That clearly shows what they own and what they do not own.

  3. #3
    Excellent research! Hopefully this will put the subject to rest, at least for awhile. Well done

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    296
    Maybe someone should email a copy of this to George?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    431
    I think this is universally true for all homeowners in neighborhoods like this - because the city has to be responsible for sidewalk repair.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge Them All View Post
    Maybe someone should email a copy of this to George?
    Wish I did have his email to do this! Can't believe LE hasn't told him that!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    S FL
    Posts
    425
    His email addy is on Caylee's website.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
    I think this is universally true for all homeowners in neighborhoods like this - because the city has to be responsible for sidewalk repair.
    That is what I thought too, but someone on another thread was disputing that last night. I lived in Orange Cty 20 yrs ago, in my neighborhood they actually did put the sidewalk 1" over onto the homeowners property and we were taxed for having a sidewalk.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    We keep hearing about the no trespassing signs and whether the property goes to the road, so I went to the tax office site and got this picture. Note the red outline was put there by the tax office not me.



    So the answer is NO, the Anthony's do not own the property between the sidewalk and the road.

    Link to website:

    http://www.ocpafl.org/pls/webappI/ge...6=on&x=43&y=13
    Do they have an easement for use of that area? Do they maintain the lawn on the far side of the sidewalk or does the city?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    2,338
    What happened to the picture. I can no longer see it can you??


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    128
    Thanks for this clear info. I think others have posted that the easement is not private property, even though typically the landowner takes care of the patch of lawn on the easement in these kinds of residential neighborhoods.

    Even though the protestors are not trespassing (if they are, indeed, staying off of the private property), I don't think anyone here would be comfortable with a bunch of people standing/sitting/yelling on the sidewalk in front of their house. It is quite invasive. If a strange man, for example, came and stood on the sidewalk in front of your house with a sign about your religion or about the kind of car you drive or whatever all day and most of the night for a few nights, I imagine most everybody would call the cops pretty quickly and see what could be done--even though he'd be within his legal rights on public property (unless there are some loitering laws no one is bringing up).

    Now, I know that many will chime in and say that the A's don't deserve anything or they don't deserve anything more than the respect due to the very edge of their property. While I agree technically--because I recognize and appreciate the right to assemble on public property--I disagree personally, because I don't see what the protestors are doing as helpful here. They seem to be making a spectacle and I don't think they will contribute anything positive to this case or to justice for Caylee, which is what this should be all about.

    I don't think that CA is going to break because someone has a doll with a sign in its hands, or because someone rings the doorbell and yells at her or her mother; if anyone breaks, it will be one of the family members, and it won't be the kind of break that contributes to the case, but the kind that is an unfortunate result of flared tempers, stress, strangers yelling at you, and consequent altercations. Sadly, IMO, that's what we're looking at, and some people seem to be hoping for.

    I just hope there's a resolution to the case soon so that justice will be served.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    What happened to the picture. I can no longer see it can you??

    Yeah, it's ok here.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    Can the protestors make noise or chant up uptil say 9pm when it would be then be considered a noise violation? I don't think they should yell at the family members except for maybe Casey should they spot her. After all, the elderly grandmother probably can't even come visit and Cindy nor George have probably taken care of themselves during this time. They could have a heart attack or stroke from such ongoing stress or underlying health problems.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    What happened to the picture. I can no longer see it can you??
    I can see it Cher.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    If the cameras were removed the protesters would quickly disappear.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Shia LaBeouf's Shenanigans
    By Taximom in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 07:00 AM
  2. Replies: 192
    Last Post: 10-15-2014, 08:14 AM
  3. Suspicious Man trespassing on Lindsey aunt's house
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Lindsey Baum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
  4. Hospital Sues Patient For Trespassing
    By MagicRose99 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 12:55 PM
  5. Teacher & 23 students arrested for trespassing on field trip
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 08:16 PM