Are the protesters trespassing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cher352

Reaction score
We keep hearing about the no trespassing signs and whether the property goes to the road, so I went to the tax office site and got this picture. Note the red outline was put there by the tax office not me.

parcelmap.jpg

So the answer is NO, the Anthony's do not own the property between the sidewalk and the road.

Link to website:

http://www.ocpafl.org/pls/webappI/g...=on&DI_3=on&DI_4=on&DI_5=on&DI_6=on&x=43&y=13

Thank you! I was trying to research it but was coming up empty handed. That clearly shows what they own and what they do not own.

Excellent research! Hopefully this will put the subject to rest, at least for awhile. Well done :)

I think this is universally true for all homeowners in neighborhoods like this - because the city has to be responsible for sidewalk repair.

I think this is universally true for all homeowners in neighborhoods like this - because the city has to be responsible for sidewalk repair.

That is what I thought too, but someone on another thread was disputing that last night. I lived in Orange Cty 20 yrs ago, in my neighborhood they actually did put the sidewalk 1" over onto the homeowners property and we were taxed for having a sidewalk.

We keep hearing about the no trespassing signs and whether the property goes to the road, so I went to the tax office site and got this picture. Note the red outline was put there by the tax office not me.

ocpa_ParcelMap_MAP340802624263.jpg

So the answer is NO, the Anthony's do not own the property between the sidewalk and the road.

Link to website:

http://www.ocpafl.org/pls/webappI/g...=on&DI_3=on&DI_4=on&DI_5=on&DI_6=on&x=43&y=13
Do they have an easement for use of that area? Do they maintain the lawn on the far side of the sidewalk or does the city?

What happened to the picture. I can no longer see it can you??

Thanks for this clear info. I think others have posted that the easement is not private property, even though typically the landowner takes care of the patch of lawn on the easement in these kinds of residential neighborhoods.

Even though the protestors are not trespassing (if they are, indeed, staying off of the private property), I don't think anyone here would be comfortable with a bunch of people standing/sitting/yelling on the sidewalk in front of their house. It is quite invasive. If a strange man, for example, came and stood on the sidewalk in front of your house with a sign about your religion or about the kind of car you drive or whatever all day and most of the night for a few nights, I imagine most everybody would call the cops pretty quickly and see what could be done--even though he'd be within his legal rights on public property (unless there are some loitering laws no one is bringing up).

Now, I know that many will chime in and say that the A's don't deserve anything or they don't deserve anything more than the respect due to the very edge of their property. While I agree technically--because I recognize and appreciate the right to assemble on public property--I disagree personally, because I don't see what the protestors are doing as helpful here. They seem to be making a spectacle and I don't think they will contribute anything positive to this case or to justice for Caylee, which is what this should be all about.

I don't think that CA is going to break because someone has a doll with a sign in its hands, or because someone rings the doorbell and yells at her or her mother; if anyone breaks, it will be one of the family members, and it won't be the kind of break that contributes to the case, but the kind that is an unfortunate result of flared tempers, stress, strangers yelling at you, and consequent altercations. Sadly, IMO, that's what we're looking at, and some people seem to be hoping for.

I just hope there's a resolution to the case soon so that justice will be served.

Can the protestors make noise or chant up uptil say 9pm when it would be then be considered a noise violation? I don't think they should yell at the family members except for maybe Casey should they spot her. After all, the elderly grandmother probably can't even come visit and Cindy nor George have probably taken care of themselves during this time. They could have a heart attack or stroke from such ongoing stress or underlying health problems.

If the cameras were removed the protesters would quickly disappear.

If the cameras were removed the protesters would quickly disappear.
This is true, really wish they would. Had on local news todnight that one person who was shoved is pressing charges.

Thanks for this clear info. I think others have posted that the easement is not private property, even though typically the landowner takes care of the patch of lawn on the easement in these kinds of residential neighborhoods.

Even though the protestors are not trespassing (if they are, indeed, staying off of the private property), I don't think anyone here would be comfortable with a bunch of people standing/sitting/yelling on the sidewalk in front of their house. It is quite invasive. If a strange man, for example, came and stood on the sidewalk in front of your house with a sign about your religion or about the kind of car you drive or whatever all day and most of the night for a few nights, I imagine most everybody would call the cops pretty quickly and see what could be done--even though he'd be within his legal rights on public property (unless there are some loitering laws no one is bringing up).

Now, I know that many will chime in and say that the A's don't deserve anything or they don't deserve anything more than the respect due to the very edge of their property. While I agree technically--because I recognize and appreciate the right to assemble on public property--I disagree personally, because I don't see what the protestors are doing as helpful here. They seem to be making a spectacle and I don't think they will contribute anything positive to this case or to justice for Caylee, which is what this should be all about.

I don't think that CA is going to break because someone has a doll with a sign in its hands, or because someone rings the doorbell and yells at her or her mother; if anyone breaks, it will be one of the family members, and it won't be the kind of break that contributes to the case, but the kind that is an unfortunate result of flared tempers, stress, strangers yelling at you, and consequent altercations. Sadly, IMO, that's what we're looking at, and some people seem to be hoping for.

I just hope there's a resolution to the case soon so that justice will be served.

I don't particularly agree with the way the protesters are doing it...BUT I do think that it is helping to "brake" the anthony's. piece by piece maybe one of them will fess up and divulge info...although I'm sure it will not be KC nor CA but maybe GA or LEE. Mind games is what KC played on LE and the public so mind games is what the family is getting KARMA

Can the protesters make noise or chant up until say 9pm when it would be then be considered a noise violation? I don't think they should yell at the family members except for maybe Casey should they spot her. After all, the elderly grandmother probably can't even come visit and Cindy nor George have probably taken care of themselves during this time. They could have a heart attack or stroke from such ongoing stress or underlying health problems.
Think they do have noise ordinances most places, usually 10 pm. They did remark that tonight on local news they were handing out tickets to those illegally parked and to people honking their honks. Sheriff Beary got on there and asked people to stop because of all the men he was having to place out there because of all the ruckus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine