Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: George's Gun: Who notified the police?

Hybrid View

George's Gun: Who notified the police?

I haven't seen this discussed here. Who do you think notified the police about the handgun in George's car wheel well. I am thinking that not a lot of people would be aware of the weapon or where he was keeping it. I am also wondering if he had recently put it in the wheel well or if he normally keeps it there.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Balthazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rose View Post
    I haven't seen this discussed here. Who do you think notified the police about the handgun in George's car wheel well. I am thinking that not a lot of people would be aware of the weapon or where he was keeping it. I am also wondering if he had recently put it in the wheel well or if he normally keeps it there.

Lee or Cindy called. JMO That's about the only thing this family has done right so far. George is ready to snap and he does not need a gun around him.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DazzlinDebSD For This Useful Post:

That was my thought, too - Lee, Cindy, or George's LE friend from Ohio.

Who else would know it was in there?

(And not for nothing, but if you have a weapon for self-defense, do you tell the carjackers to hang on a minute while you check your spare tire?)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DianeB For This Useful Post:

I think it's possible that Lee called it in because he wants Casey to be back in jail. JMO
    Praying for precious little Kyron
    I'm sorry that justice was not served for you little Caylee. I pray that your murderer will forever be haunted by nightmares and will never find a moment's peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenorwyn View Post
    I think it's possible that Lee called it in because he wants Casey to be back in jail. JMO

I think it was Lee too, but because he was afraig George was going to go off and a .45 is not a safe thing for him to have right now.

JMO

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    I think it was Lee too, but because he was afraig George was going to go off and a .45 is not a safe thing for him to have right now.

JMO
    But then why not just take it?

Quote Originally Posted by eg@gm View Post
    But then why not just take it?
    That becomes theft.

JMO
    I have to agree. As soon as I heard he had a gun, my stomach dropped. Quick access to a gun is the last thing anyone needs right now.

JMO
    Has it been confirmed that the weapon was a ".45" (revolver or semi-automatic)?
    Just the FACTS Ma'am. Who, what, when, where, why, and how.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeB View Post
    (And not for nothing, but if you have a weapon for self-defense, do you tell the carjackers to hang on a minute while you check your spare tire?)
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeB View Post
    That was my thought, too - Lee, Cindy, or George's LE friend from Ohio.

Who else would know it was in there?

I don't know Florida law, but here you cannot have a loaded gun concealed anywhere in your car except your trunk. Glovebox is illegal. You still need a permit for a concealed weapon to hide it.

I know the state my ex-huband lives in gave him a permit to carry a concealed weapon with no restrictions at all. This is a man who has been diagnosed as depressed and bi-polar. He has an anger problem like George and someonne's gonna get shot someday imo. Here you cannot have a handgun permit if you have had any mental illness at all, or any suicide attempts.

Found in the wheel well of his vehicle, right?
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Quote Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
    Found in the wheel well of his vehicle, right?
    right

I was wondering if Baez called it in after discussing it with the family. Maybe it was no surprise to them when LE showed up.

I too think Baez called it in after discussing the issue with the Anthonys.

Quote Originally Posted by January. View Post
    I too think Baez called it in after discussing the issue with the Anthonys.
    I'm not so sure. I think if JB had called it in, he would have arranged to surrender the weapon in a quieter manner, and it would not have taken a search warrant. If he did it this was and annonymously then he gets into a sort of ethical conundrum. It would also indicate some strain between him and the GP's.

I don't think it came from any bug or wiretap either. The judge looked at it and decided that KC did not know about it and as such it did not violate her terms of bail. So it probably was not spoken of in the open in the house.

Lee strikes me as the most likely. He would probably know that the gun was there. His fathers behavior and deteriorating state is obviously concerning him, note how quickly he got the hammer away from dad during the incident with the protestors. And honestly I think he probably would prefer Casey back behind bars. He knows she is lying to everybody. That was obvious from the jail tapes. he sees how unconcerned she becomes when she is out, and he sees what this circus is doing to his parents. I get the impression that the conversations people have with him in private are very diferent from the public back the family line no matter how insane.

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    My guess would be either Lee, acting alone, or Lee calling because Cindy was worried about things getting out of control.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Gun

I think someone in that family wants Casey back in jail and was hoping that by telling it would violate her bond. It is the only thing that makes sense.

Did LE show up and ask for it?
    Did Geo tell them where he had it?
    Would make a difference. IMO

George looks possessed!

Quote Originally Posted by monoxide View Post

George looks possessed!
    Hammertime!!!
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Quote Originally Posted by monoxide View Post

George looks possessed!
    no he doesnt .. he looks pissed off .. and hurt and angry and not beleiving this is happening . i dont think he anticipated ever getting into a mess like this in his life . and NO im not defending him .. he is spiraling out of control . with 100;s of people screaming at me outside my house . my granddaughter dead and daughter to blame possibly . id go off the deep end too . im seriously suprised he and cindy havnt had heart attacks or strokes by now .

Quote Originally Posted by zadari View Post
    no he doesnt .. he looks pissed off .. and hurt and angry and not beleiving this is happening . i dont think he anticipated ever getting into a mess like this in his life . and NO im not defending him .. he is spiraling out of control . with 100;s of people screaming at me outside my house . my granddaughter dead and daughter to blame possibly . id go off the deep end too . im seriously suprised he and cindy havnt had heart attacks or strokes by now .

Hundreds??? Let's exaggerate a little shall we? It doesn't matter; it still does not give him the right to put his hands on any of them. There's a simple trick they teach you in anger management - it's called ignore.

It's easy to see where there are rumors or his attacking his own father. The man clearly has a problem that he has never addressed. The minute he touched another person, he lost any respect from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaia713 View Post
    I don't know Florida law, but here you cannot have a loaded gun concealed anywhere in your car except your trunk. Glovebox is illegal. You still need a permit for a concealed weapon to hide it.

I know the state my ex-huband lives in gave him a permit to carry a concealed weapon with no restrictions at all. This is a man who has been diagnosed as depressed and bi-polar. He has an anger problem like George and someonne's gonna get shot someday imo. Here you cannot have a handgun permit if you have had any mental illness at all, or any suicide attempts.
    I am familiar with florida law on this regard as I have had a concealed weapons permit.

You can have a gun anywhere in your vehical as long as it is not considered concealed by law. LAW YOU ASK? :

The 2008 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
    CRIMES Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS View Entire Chapter

790.01 Carrying concealed weapons.--

(1) Except as provided in subsection (4), a person who carries a concealed weapon or electric weapon or device on or about his or her person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(2) A person who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3) This section does not apply to a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm pursuant to the provisions of s. 790.06.

(4) It is not a violation of this section for a person to carry for purposes of lawful self-defense, in a concealed manner:

(a) A self-defense chemical spray.

(b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

(5) This section does not preclude any prosecution for the use of an electric weapon or device, a dart-firing stun gun, or a self-defense chemical spray during the commission of any criminal offense under s. 790.07, s. 790.10, s. 790.23, or s. 790.235, or for any other criminal offense.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...0790/Sec01.HTM

Now on or about your person is the touchy issue. In your glove box from my discussions with at least 10 LE over the years is not on or about your person. Under your seat is under your passenger seat is not, (your passenger now becomes liable by law as it is now on or about his/her person) Under your back seat is not. Some LE even say you can have it on your dash board (it's not concealed obviously) It has nothing to do with access to the weapon it has to do with it being "concealed" and having access to it. IE trying to hide it from others including LE. Now with a permit in the state of FLA you can have it anywhere, just be carefull you don't put your passengers in jepardy with your placement.

BTW if you feel worried about him and you can provide that information to the police I am sure they can revoke his permit, removing the guns will be more difficult emminant danger is harder to prove, but people baker acted have had that happen from my understanding look up the law in your state.

This is the section of florida law as it regards a license to carry http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...0790/Sec06.HTM

Owning one and a licence to carry are different.

This is the section of florida law as it regards purchase http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0790/SEC0655.HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0790->Section%200655#0790.0655

This is the section of florida law as it regards lawful ownership and possesion http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0790/SEC25.HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0790->Section%2025#0790.25

this part in there would apply to you if you lived here if he falls under this catagory:
    1. A person who has been adjudged mentally incompetent, who is addicted to the use of narcotics or any similar drug, or who is a habitual or chronic alcoholic, or a person using weapons or firearms in violation of ss. 790.07-790.115, 790.145-790.19, 790.22-790.24;

And here is the complete list for the entire Chapter 790 Weapons and firearms http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...0/titl0790.htm

I am fairly certain in my opinion that George or someone in the house (possibly the lawyer) did it at an odd hour just to screw with police. A way of getting back at them, knowing that a judge wouldn't revoke the bond.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast