Hiding a body

monoxide

Former Member
Reaction score
I know people who kill somebody out of passion usually don't hide the body since it is an instant action.

There are other killers who will just throw the body anywhere because they are actually crazy or don't care.

If you killed somebody you once loved what would you do? Or if you accidentally killed somebody you loved where would you put the body? If you would even move the body?

This is a really weird question I suppose. If Casey snapped though and ended it quickly what would she have done with the corpse? I know it had to have gotten transported in the vehicle at one point.........think she took it home at first so she'd think little Caylee was at peace at home.

Then what? She was forced to move it by guilt or paranoia. I wonder where she'd move it to......

Somebody said to ask this: If she was put in a duffle bag could they use a metal detector to find the zipper?

The comment was made on another thread that George was prepared with full gas cans when he went to pick up the car. . .before they supposedly spoke to Casey.

So, what if Casey brought her baby home to bury her as mentioned above to be at peace. Then George found out and knew he couldn't have a corpse in his backyard. He moved Caylee and that would explain why she might be found somewhere that other posters are reluctant to believe Casey would put her. (too much effort involved)

And would explain why George knew the car would need gas. . .having been in contact with Casey sooner than originally thought.

If I where in her shoes, I would bury the baby probably in a cemetery. I dont know about in FL but where I am from we have a family cemetery. and no houses are around it would be very easy to bury someone there at the edge no one would ever know.

I *think*, but am not certain, that she would go somewhere that she wouldn't normally go. It is so hard, because FL has the options of water & swamps.

I don't think Caylee is buried, per se.

and IMO, George & the gas cans aren't relevant, but that's only because I do believe the gas gauge was broken, although I would love to see a police affidavit that says they've checked that aspect of the story/car.

I know people who kill somebody out of passion usually don't hide the body since it is an instant action.

There are other killers who will just throw the body anywhere because they are actually crazy or don't care.

If you killed somebody you once loved what would you do? Or if you accidentally killed somebody you loved where would you put the body? If you would even move the body?

This is a really weird question I suppose. If Casey snapped though and ended it quickly what would she have done with the corpse? I know it had to have gotten transported in the vehicle at one point.........think she took it home at first so she'd think little Caylee was at peace at home.

Then what? She was forced to move it by guilt or paranoia. I wonder where she'd move it to......

I think it puts us at a disadvantage since I feel no one here can even comprehend doing such a thing.

I do know that family members or acquaintance of the victim will try to hide the body to distance themselves away from them and from the victim ever being found.

Those who have no attachment whatsoever to the victim will usually discard the body where it is convenient. They seem not to worry about being linked to the crime since they are strangers and unknown.

I can only guess that she would bury Caylee. One to avoid detection and distance herself from Caylee ever being found or that she accidentally killed her and wants to pretend she buried her in a peaceful place known only to her. I am grasping here because I do not believe this was an accident. I really think the hiding off the body is to protect Casey only.

I think she killed her then most likely buried her on the property only to dig her up and remove her in the vehicle to what she feels is a more secluded and obscure location. I don't think she did it out of guilt....I think she did it out of self preservation which is the only thing paramount to Casey.

imoo

Having never been in this unique position before, I would probably bury the body in the yard - if I had a yard, that is. I would want to be able to keep an eye on things, as it were. And I know I would feel guilty, so burying someone in the yard is a small gesture towards a resting place.

But see, with me, guilt and paranoia would be biggies. Throw laziness into the mix and this is what would get me caught. Any neighbor that saw me digging in the yard would know somethings up. I don't do yard work. Eww. Dirt and worms and all that. Nor would I be able to dig a hole that deep.

Then, I would be horrified at digging a body up (the dirt and bug thing again) then traipsing somewhere with it in order to get rid of it.

And because I get grossed out really really easy, I wouldn't be able to do something like cut a body up and burn it either. Ew!

If I accidently killed somebody, I wouldn't hide it. I would call the cops myself.

If you loved her you would put her in an area where she loved going to... ex park. If you are more concerned with saving yourself you would not care and put her in a dumpster... that is the easiest. But she isn't going to put her in the dumpster next to the car.

If I accidently killed somebody I loved I sure wouldn't be out partying. Casey has no shame.........IMO she just put Caylee in a dumpster.

look at some past high profile cases:

Laci Peterson - body hidden

Jon Benet Ramsey - body left in house

Susan Smith - well, she attempted to hide the bodies, right?

OJ - left them right there

Lori Hacking - hidden in the landfill

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment, but I am sure you can all come up with many, many more. All these victims were killed by a 'loved one' - except, maybe, Jon Benet - I am still on the fence on that one.

Ted Bundy - hid the bodies

BTK guy (can't think of his name) left them at the scene

Green River Killer - hid the bodies

These are all people who killed strangers. It seems like there is no correlation between hiding the body and knowing the victims. I guess it all depends on the mind of the killer

Oh I have thought about how I'd hide a body.

I can't see myself ever killing someone I knew intentionally. I could see my ex boyfriend walking in my house randomly (which he does, we're friends) and accidentally shooting him. I could not see me trying to hide all 250lbs of him. I would call the cops and tell them what happened.

I won't go in to my whole "How to hide a body" theory. My Grandfather was a mortician, so I know more about it than I should.

I think it puts us at a disadvantage since I feel no one here can even comprehend doing such a thing.
you are right about that because there would be no way I could put someone in a lake, ocean, anything like that. It would have to be someone that I really hated.

I think she took the easy way out and tossed her, I have always seen and felt the tossing of caylee either into a dumpster or a river or swamp. JMO

I do know that family members or acquaintance of the victim will try to hide the body to distance themselves away from them and from the victim ever being found.

Those who have no attachment whatsoever to the victim will usually discard the body where it is convenient. They seem not to worry about being linked to the crime since they are strangers and unknown.

I can only guess that she would bury Caylee. One to avoid detection and distance herself from Caylee ever being found or that she accidentally killed her and wants to pretend she buried her in a peaceful place known only to her. I am grasping here because I do not believe this was an accident. I really think the hiding off the body is to protect Casey only.

I think she killed her then most likely buried her on the property only to dig her up and remove her in the vehicle to what she feels is a more secluded and obscure location. I don't think she did it out of guilt....I think she did it out of self preservation which is the only thing paramount to Casey.

imoo

I agree. I think she hid the body in the A's yard, until she could find a more distant and obscure place.

I don't think any of us will be too successful at folowing her things, because we are all normally emotionally developed people.

You can't outthink a sociopath.

look at some past high profile cases:

Laci Peterson - body hidden

Jon Benet Ramsey - body left in house

Susan Smith - well, she attempted to hide the bodies, right?

OJ - left them right there

Lori Hacking - hidden in the landfill

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment, but I am sure you can all come up with many, many more. All these victims were killed by a 'loved one' - except, maybe, Jon Benet - I am still on the fence on that one.

Ted Bundy - hid the bodies

BTK guy (can't think of his name) left them at the scene

Green River Killer - hid the bodies

These are all people who killed strangers. It seems like there is no correlation between hiding the body and knowing the victims. I guess it all depends on the mind of the killer

BTK's name is Dennis Rader or something like that

I think she was dumped in a dumpster too.

I think the body being moved after most likely being decomposed shows enough coldness that no sweet emotions would come into where to put the body at all. It would be the most convenient place that would be accessible with the vehicle, but maybe not too far away. I'd have to say that the body would possibly be laid out in some dense brush area with some extra brush covering, or in possibly in a shallow grave under some quick growing shallow rooted plant or bamboo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back