Expert Statement Analysis on Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terilee

Reaction score
This is very interesting and I hope it is ok to post the link. Its just something to think about and may be fun to pick apart.

This gentleman has worked on such cases as Scott Peterson, OJ simpson, Jon Bonet Ramsey, Susan Smith, etc.

It looks like he is now working on the Caylee Case tooo!!!

He teaches interviewing techniques to Law Enforcents.

At the very least, it is a very interesting science of how to detect deception in defendants written and verbal statements.

Enjoy!

http://www.statementanalysis.com/cases/

VERY interesting, indeed!

It certainly confirms what most of us have been thinking --- Casey has been lying thru her teeth, right from the start.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Thanks. It is interesting! Note how he compared her answer to Bidens answer on being the VP and now he is. I just wish this guy would continue with more. Wonder if he could evaluate the 400 pages of interviews like that!

That was interesting and so true..I never trust people when they say "I'm sorry?" after I say something..I agree with this person 100%.

wow!! Interesting.

Compare scott petersons link on that page to CA's.. wow! ABSOLUTELY and YOU KNOW! wow

That was interesting and so true..I never trust people when they say "I'm sorry?" after I say something..I agree with this person 100%.

I have to disagree. I'm sorry is a polite way in the south to say, "what? I didn't hear you, or huh?". If you go to other parts of the country outside of the south and say "I'm sorry," you get looked at weird. But, for living here in Florida, it's said all the time.

This is very interesting and I hope it is ok to post the link. Its just something to think about and may be fun to pick apart.

This gentleman has worked on such cases as Scott Peterson, OJ simpson, Jon Bonet Ramsey, Susan Smith, etc.

At the very least, it is a very interesting science of how to detect deception in defendants written and verbal statements.

Enjoy!

Interesting link...thanks!

I have to disagree. I'm sorry is a polite way in the south to say, "what? I didn't hear you, or huh?". If you go to other parts of the country outside of the south and say "I'm sorry," you get looked at weird. But, for living here in Florida, it's said all the time.

I always say to my son, after a smart aleck comment comes out of his mouth "I'm sorry?" That way it points out to him that a) either I didn't hear him correctly or b) I heard him and didn't appreciate what he said LOL

Thanks. It is interesting! Note how he compared her answer to Bidens answer on being the VP and now he is. I just wish this guy would continue with more. Wonder if he could evaluate the 400 pages of interviews like that!

I wish he'd continue with more as well.

I don't hear that well, so I say I'm sorry all the time. My mom does as well. This is something that happens to some folks once they hit 40. It simply means I know you said something but I didn't get it all can you repeat for me??

I think his deductions from speech patterns are very interesting, and possibly they are *right on* in a majority of cases, but I personally would never feel very confident in relying on these sorts of speech "clues". For example, I have read somewhere that using the word "honestly" or the term "to be honest" in a sentence is an indication that the speaker was not telling the truth at some point in the conversation and is now saying they ARE telling the truth. But the problem with this is, that a whole lot of people just use "honestly/to be honest" as speech pattern HABITS.

As another example, and this from my own life ... people tend to think that when someone is not meeting their eyes, the person is lying or being otherwise evasive. I grew up in a culture where it was considered impolite to make direct eye contact most of the time, members of that culture carried on conversations while looking at other things around them or looking at the ground, etc. I picked up this cultural norm from them at a very young age. It caused me problems later on, and I went years wondering why people kept not believing me when I was telling the truth. Then I ran across and read an anthropological article written about the culture I grew up in, and found out about the direct-eye-contact-is-rude thing. Took some work, and it was hard to do at first and made me very uncomfortable, but I managed to change that in myself so that I could look directly into someone's eyes when speaking to them.

So, not sure how totally valuable this type of deduction is.

I don't have a problem with the words, "I'm sorry?" when someone wants you to repeat what you've just said. I think it is a southern thing, because I'm from the north and I always heard, "Excuse me?" or "Pardon me?" Or it could be just a more recent lingo thing.

What I do recognize/agree with, is that any of those can "stalling" phrases, used to buy time. I think we often, unconsciously, just repeat the question, thus giving the answerer more time to think of an answer. To be fair, sometimes the answerer asks out of habit, and if given a minute, can formulate the question and answer in their mind without repetition. I think this might happen when someone has something on their mind and wasn't really paying attention to the person who asked the question!

I have bpd family members, immediate and distant, who Casey reminds me of, and they do this constantly. Often to think of a lie, I'm sure! I have gotten very good at not repeating the question - gotten into the habit of not repeating, I guess you could say! It's amazing that if you can stand the few moments of (awkward) silence, you will find you don't need to repeat the question!

Overall, I do view the analysis of "I'm sorry?" and the like as stalling and it probably needs to be analyzed in the context of the situation, which I think this guy did accurately!

Very interesting!

I say "I have no idea" a lot. I never thought it would be looked at as deception! Eek! I don't think I'm being deceptive when I say it. Hmmmm. People ask me questions at work and I say that a lot, because I really have no idea!

Enjoy!

...have to say I found this interesting enough that it inspired me to take a hack @ it http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70744

Excellent sleuthing and reporting. Great read and thread. Interesting, and can be believed as we know through the tongue the abundance of the heart flows. :clap:

Enjoy!

How can you trust a guy who mispelled Paula's name ;-)

Very interesting!

I say "I have no idea" a lot. I never thought it would be looked at as deception! Eek! I don't think I'm being deceptive when I say it. Hmmmm. People ask me questions at work and I say that a lot, because I really have no idea!

Girlrilla, me too!

Things are so techy at work now, and I am so technology deprived, that when someone asks me a question, I say that, too, "I have no idea!!"

Of course, we (you and I) have a reputation of telling the truth, so when I say "I have no idea", they get that! I'm telling them with this statement to not ask me any more questions.

Maybe this is Casey's way of shutting down further questions? We use it honestly, but she may have picked that phrase up by friends or family, and uses it as a tool to avoid any more probing.

Laney

:Justice: for :genie: Caylee

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting this info here. I appreciate it and spent some time reading through this tonight.

Can you post this link on the "Casey's psychological profile" thread --> http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70260

If not, I could post it there, with your permission. I will send you a PM.

I know this is not stated as fact, but just speculation, and this would be a great place to discuss this topic. We are looking for some insight and a discussion on what happened/why it happened. There are some heartwarming and intelligent posts in that thread.

Laney

:Justice: for :genie: Caylee

PM on the way ...

Hi all - this is my first post :)

I found this link very interesting, particularly the part where he indicates deception because of the use of the word "actually" when she says "I actually received a phone call today." This made me think of the jail conversation w/ LA where he asks her if she's heard from Caylee and instead of simply saying "yes" she says "I most definitely did." I always found it odd the way she said that, it seemed so unnecessary to emphasize her statement with "most definitely" and I could definitely see that being a sign of deception. A person who doesn't have to carefully select their words would never think to embellish their sentences in such an elaborate way - which also seems to be a hallmark of Casey's communication style.

I always say to my son, after a smart aleck comment comes out of his mouth "I'm sorry?" That way it points out to him that a) either I didn't hear him correctly or b) I heard him and didn't appreciate what he said LOL

Mine is "EXCUSE ME?" - same reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member