730 users online (73 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Cop says his accused rapist son is "a caring, sweet kid"

To prosecutors, Gregory Scott Haidl and his buddies are rapists, depraved teens who filmed themselves attacking an unconscious 16-year-old girl on a pool table during a summer night party in Corona del Mar.

Each could face 55 years in prison.

And that's what eats at Don Haidl. He worries that if his son goes to prison, the scrawny 18-year-old won't survive.

"If they send him to prison, it's a death sentence," said Haidl, an Orange County assistant sheriff. Haidl and his family try to remain optimistic. But doubt always creeps in. Because of the case's notoriety, they say, they are virtually confined to his home — where the alleged rape took place.

Haidl paints a picture of his son as "the most kind, caring, sweet kid you'd ever meet in your life." He says he believes his son is guilty of nothing more than acting thoughtlessly.

"They're all basically good kids who got themselves into a stupid, terrible situation," Haidl said.

http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/s...l26apr26.story

This makes me want to hurl...

What a low life piece of cow dung. And it isn't bad enough that he engaged in this outrageous incident... he can't seem to stay out of trouble since then! He even manages to get a member of LE that is completely unrelated to his hiney in trouble! Then he makes obscene gestures at the media while at the courthouse for a hearing?? And everyone is suppose to believe that he is suicidal in his shame?

And the most sad (and yet nausiatingly dripping with denial) fact, is this father believing he should "blame himself"... For WHAT??... having sperm that produced such a complete waste of oxygen and general space on planet Earth?

I can't believe a man with absolutely no sense of judgement was in charge of keeping the peace and carrying out law enforcement duties. I'll BET he doesn't want to see the videotape... like Lee and Jackie Peterson. Is he afraid it might change his mind?... make him see the truth that is his own flesh and blood... as worthless as a diseased tic?

If I were the father or mother of that girl I would want to come face to face with the man in blue who can make headlines and news stories at will whining about his poor sadistic son. Not only would I tell him to watch the tape and face the TRUTH or shut up... but I'd make sure I planted some similar images into his head about his little boy and Bubba.

Pay back is a *****!

Well I hope my daughter never meets any nice, caring kids like this.

I don't believe for a second he hasn't seen the tape. Copies had to be turned over to his attorney, the Dad is in law enforcement, you know he just HAD to see what they had on his little prince, might not mean he watched it all, but I'm betting he did.

Yeah, he's basically a sweet kid whose going to find himself in another "bad position" IN PRISON!!! A REAL BAD POSITION!

Several things in that article are outstandingly nauseating. The perp's father says: "...we're fighting for the lives of 3 boys. That's got to come first." Hel-lo? What about the VICTIM? Remember her?

He says his son feels guilt for what he's PUT HIS FAMILY THRU. No guilt about the victim. Remember her?

He also says he's not sure what kind of life his son would have even if acquited. WHAT ABOUT THE VICTIM'S LIFE?

All together now, can we spell enabler? Grrr

Opie very good points... it all seems to be about the boys!

Boys will be boys... us men? why we bleed all the time... just because he cheated doesn't me he killed.. blah blah blah...

These boys raped this girl... they should be pleading guilty! and their parents should be telling then that - while still supporting and loving them.

Cass, I agree. I also think that this crime is a little too deviant for the father to be spouting about his li'l boy.
    Above is my opinion only

Prosecution says...

"They contend that during the 2002 Fourth of July weekend, the trio videotaped themselves raping the girl on a pool table and sodomizing her with a bottle, billiard cue and cigarette."

"Gregory Haidl himself, by his own 'little boy' hands, inserted various objects in the girl and helped his friends do the same," Gurwitz told the judge. "It's his camera. It's in his house. He's the one who's in the best position to stop what's going on here."

~~~~~~~

Father says...

Haidl paints a picture of his son as "the most kind, caring, sweet kid you'd ever meet in your life." He says he believes his son is guilty of nothing more than acting thoughtlessly.

"They're all basically good kids who got themselves into a stupid, terrible situation," Haidl said.

~~~~~

Defense is trying to say it was consensual - even though she was unconcious ~ as she has had sex with all three boys before. The defense won a motion to allow evidence of the prior sexual encounters.

~~~~~

I am interested to see how this case turns out.

Bill O'Reilly did a segment on this story yesterday.

One of the guests commented that he guesses that the father has spent millions on his sons defense so far....I hate that money can buy freedom and a not guilty verdict. I hope it doesn't happen in this case.

I hope they are found guilty, after all there is a TAPE of the assult! it's not like they can deny it happened. I bet they are wishing they had not made the video now.

However, I think the 55 years max penalty is too much when taking into account everyones age, the alcohol, the prior sexual contact with the girl etc etc.... I would like to see them punished and jailed, held accountable but not for 55 years....

Flame me if you will

The Orange County Register has a graphic account of Haidl's activity (horrible, despicable stuff!) shown on the DVD: http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/22/news-moxley.php

Gregory Haidl might be "a caring, sweet kid" around his dad, but what he did to a 16-year-old girl while the camera rolled, then showed to his high school friends on DVD was certainly neither caring nor sweet.

LP ~ good find, that link had much more detail. I can't believe the defense is trying to say he didn't rape the girl because he used foreign objects instead of his penis.

They can't stop the DVD from being played for the Jury... those boys.. all of them... are in deep trouble.

Oh, my. This is just awful. Why would the father defend his son in such a way???
    Above is my opinion only

Snip from: http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/04/22/news-moxley.php
    "All three of those guys took out their sick sexual fantasies on an unconscious girl," said one law-enforcement source familiar with the videoís contents. "And it was Gregory Haidl who was laughing and dancing around and mugging for the camera as he personally directed his friends on what to do to the victim. He grabbed her ass. He squeezed her breast. He shoved the foreign objects in her. I donít care that he didnít put his penis in her or not."
    What these 3 "boys" did was horrendous, and the father's actions are only making matters worse. It's good to know that the Jury will get to see the video (as awful as it will be to watch), because there's no way they'll get away with what they did with THAT kind of evidence! That poor girl.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast