738 users online (88 members and 650 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 211
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    431

    REVISIT Possible Reasons Purse/Work Bag in the Car

    In one of her interviews, Cindy admits that she found it very strange that Casey left her purse in the abandoned car. She said, "If you're a woman, you don't leave your purse!"

    And my reply is, you don't lose your kid either. But in the interest of fairness, let's examine possible reasons that someone might possibly leave a purse behind in an abandoned vehicle. Oh, also, she left the car to buy groceries, without her purse - which would indicate that she had to preplan and get some money out of her purse to have with her to buy the said groceries.

    I'll start the list, please add if you can think of anything:

    1. You want to entice someone to steal your decomp laden car so that you can fake a kidnapping scenario. my personal fave.

    2. You HATE your purse and never want to see it again.

    3. You've just decided to become a radical feminist and wish to leave this base reminder of female bondage behind for good, along with your pants.

    4. You forgot it? But then once you went to the grocery store you must have remembered, but then when you came BACK to the car with the groceries to wait for Tony, you just decided not to bother with it? Hands too full?

    Don't even get me started on leaving the car keys behind.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,399
    perhaps it "smelled bad"?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    the desert,ca
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    perhaps it "smelled bad"?
    Exactly my thought. Maybe it smelled like a damn dead body had been in her purse. But then again, why not just throw it away?????? Nothing in this case makes sense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    perhaps it "smelled bad"?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,034
    I posted this in the previous thread addressing this question:

    This isn't in defense of Casey, but maybe she carried more than one purse?
    I like to change my purses often and you might find a half filled purse of mine in any of my vehicles, in my desk at work, in my bedroom, the closet...any number of places. I'm not saying that's what Casey did, but it's one way to account for her purse being left in the car.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

    What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23
    Someday, I am going to regret this, but I usually leave my purse in my car. It's not completely unheard of...

  7. #7
    A purse would be left in the car if the owner of the purse wanted others to think foul play had occured.
    Actions speak louder than words!

    "Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end."~John Lennon

    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."~Leo Tolstoy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    17
    she would then have excuse for not having any money

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan's Mom View Post
    I posted this in the previous thread addressing this question:

    This isn't in defense of Casey, but maybe she carried more than one purse?
    I like to change my purses often and you might find a half filled purse of mine in any of my vehicles, in my desk at work, in my bedroom, the closet...any number of places. I'm not saying that's what Casey did, but it's one way to account for her purse being left in the car.
    Sorry for the double post - my bad. This is a valid reason, I think - providing that her wallet wasn't left inside. But I would THINK that if Casey made this common practice, Cindy would have been shouting it from the rooftops instead of saying how weird it was. jmho though.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by 235mommy View Post
    Someday, I am going to regret this, but I usually leave my purse in my car. It's not completely unheard of...
    When you ABANDON your car? That is the point here. I leave my purse in the car in the garage too.


  11. #11
    I think I'm going with as a tool to entice a thief for the kidnapping scenario. I sometimes leave my purse in the car, too, but only at home. If I had to abandon my car because it was out of gas, there is no way I'd be leaving my purse in it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    367
    I often wonder if Casey's plan wasn't to have her parents think both she and Caylee were 'missing'.

    And her parents screwed that up when tracking her down.

    I don't know. We still don't know the truth of what went on in those weeks leading up to all this. Cindy says she was in contact. Who knows if that is true. She also says in her LE statement that Casey was suppose to be in J'Ville.

    About the only thing I feel certain about in this case is that Casey is responsible for whatever happened to Caylee. And I also feel she was to busy throwing down with TonE and living her fake, glamourous life, which included her newly found freedom, to think much about her stories and what she was going to do when this all came to a head. Her crimes have been very disorganized, IMO.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out there.
    Posts
    3,892
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodHoundSleuther View Post
    A purse would be left in the car if the owner of the purse wanted others to think foul play had occured.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
    In one of her interviews, Cindy admits that she found it very strange that Casey left her purse in the abandoned car. She said, "If you're a woman, you don't leave your purse!"

    And my reply is, you don't lose your kid either. But in the interest of fairness, let's examine possible reasons that someone might possibly leave a purse behind in an abandoned vehicle. Oh, also, she left the car to buy groceries, without her purse - which would indicate that she had to preplan and get some money out of her purse to have with her to buy the said groceries.

    I'll start the list, please add if you can think of anything:

    1. You want to entice someone to steal your decomp laden car so that you can fake a kidnapping scenario. my personal fave.

    2. You HATE your purse and never want to see it again.

    3. You've just decided to become a radical feminist and wish to leave this base reminder of female bondage behind for good, along with your pants.

    4. You forgot it? But then once you went to the grocery store you must have remembered, but then when you came BACK to the car with the groceries to wait for Tony, you just decided not to bother with it? Hands too full?

    Don't even get me started on leaving the car keys behind.
    Casey doesn't use purses. Has anyone seen her with a purse? She uses backpacks. Maybe it was a purse she stole from Cindy. I seriously doubt it was actually a purse

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,302
    I would say to make it look like she was abducted along with Caylee.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness
    .

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 118
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 01:19 PM

Tags for this Thread