Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    RoseMom,

I totally agree with everything you've said.

I can completely understand the anger over this case. The entire case is heartbreaking, but NO ONE is serving truth and justice in standing outside the Anthony home, doing whatever it is they 'think' they're doing, to 'find Caylee.' Give me a break...

We DO have a justice system -- the police ARE investigating this case. I'm certain they're holding certain information closer to the proverbial vest, than we are privy to (and that's as it should be). I would think that if they had more to go on re: Casey's involvement in Caylee's disappearance, they'd throw her little rear back in jail and revoke bail. That hasn't happened YET -- apparently, they know something we don't.

To be honest, I have not seen ONE protester outside the Anthony home that does not appear to me to be someone who seems just a little 'off.' These people do not appear to be 'stand-up' folks -- just 'looky-loos' who have absolutely nothing else better to do with their time. Bringing children to this scene is just appalling to me. Young, impressionable children should not be carted along, as if they were some sort of 'prop' for these wayward people who seem to have nothing else better to do.

I would agree that 'most' of these protesters are, indeed, looking for their 15 minutes' worth of fame. How on earth can they possibly feel they are helping ANYONE, much less Caylee?

This has become such a media circus, it's nauseating. These protesters have become nothing more than newsreel props for the media, seeking its own 2 minute soundbite.

I really do wonder if people would just stay home and do what normal people do during the day/evening, then perhaps the Anthony family would find itself steering this ship in a completely different direction. If they had NOTHING more to do than focus their thoughts and actions on themselves, this all may have ended differently. Just a thought...

What bothers me more are the people doing things they know are going to upset a family member enough to cause a scene so that they can be on TV and/or file a lawsuit.
    I believe in the right to protest, but some take it way too far. Some just want their 15 minutes of fame by injecting themself into a tragic situation as it is.
    I wish that the Anthonys would keep her in jail just to avoid this chaos. I don't understand their reasoning their, but then again, there is a lot of things in this case I don't understand!!

Whoops...I meant to direct my above post to ibeyoungr...sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia Momma View Post
    Casey has the right, by law, to bond.

Protesters have the right, by law, to peacefully protest anything they want to.

Although, I do agree that it's getting not only old but also dangerous. It also KILLS me that some of these folks bring their children. I think the law should say if you are a certain age or older it's ok. These babies/toddlers don't need to be there. Period.
    But I agree with Ibyoungr. This is not a peaceful protest. It's harassment by people who seem as odd as the people they are protesting.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

I dont agree with some of the protesters, but I look at it this way...........nobody would be standing in front of that home if SOMEONE in that family even showed some concern about a little three year old girl.

I mean seriously folks...... have you all checked out who's protesting? The Anthonys have more class then the protestors do. They need to get jobs, and worry about their own children.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzymuffin View Post
    Word.
    Ok, in all seriousness...the protesters need to give it a rest. The Anthony's are going to explode ~ BOOM ~
    Don't think they can take much more & KC is eating up all the attention while her family is going crazy!!!!
    Judge Stan Strickland "God didn't set Casey free - a jury did"

I have said it before and will say it again..
    The protesters have a right to be there, I get that..
    But, to me, they don't have a right to subject their children to it.
    Also, what about the children in that neighborhood who must go to school each day and learn to become productive citizens? How many children are going to be so deeply affected by the drama there? Who is going to pay for these children to be counseled over this? And years from now when one of these children decide they would like negative attention and act in this manor, whose fault will it be?
    I feel for the neighborhood. The very behavior they are protesting about all hours of the day, is the very behavior I am sure many families in that neighborhood are trying to avoid by leaving their children cooped up inside all the time. How long will it take a neighbor to snap on their kid because they don't get outside air at home? How many kids are starting to act out because they cannot have the peace of the outdoors..?
    If this was a secluded area, I may feel different..but right now for the sake of other children in that neighborhood and what this circus is teaching them, I don't agree with any of them being there.
    Justice For Caylee Marie

thanks sooo much for starting this thread! exact thoughts here right on! These ppl are just looking for some attention....my god these need a life!

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLite View Post
    I dont agree with some of the protesters, but I look at it this way...........nobody would be standing in front of that home if SOMEONE in that family even showed some concern about a little three year old girl.
    Yes, they would most likely be sitting at home watching the Jerry Springer re-runs (that they starred in)!

Quote Originally Posted by sttct View Post
    ITA There is protesting...and there is lunacy. I'm against

1. People bringing small/young children to the protests. It subjects children to violence. Whether it be from the Anthony's or the other protesters. It is an ADULT situation and a good example for GOOD parenting is to not bring your children to harms way.

2. Baby Dolls and tombstones are in poor taste. No matter what the situation. Not everyone in that house murdered Caylee. In fact, none of them have been charged yet. I think it's horrible that people would try to "torture" anyone.

3. It's not a zoo. You can't come up the sidewalk and take a peek inside the "cage". That's not protesting. That's as bad as people on the freeway being "lookey-loos" causing the traffic to back up for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    I have said it before and will say it again..
    The protesters have a right to be there, I get that..
    But, to me, they don't have a right to subject their children to it.
    Also, what about the children in that neighborhood who must go to school each day and learn to become productive citizens? How many children are going to be so deeply affected by the drama there? Who is going to pay for these children to be counseled over this? And years from now when one of these children decide they would like negative attention and act in this manor, whose fault will it be?
    I feel for the neighborhood. The very behavior they are protesting about all hours of the day, is the very behavior I am sure many families in that neighborhood are trying to avoid by leaving their children cooped up inside all the time. How long will it take a neighbor to snap on their kid because they don't get outside air at home? How many kids are starting to act out because they cannot have the peace of the outdoors..?
    If this was a secluded area, I may feel different..but right now for the sake of other children in that neighborhood and what this circus is teaching them, I don't agree with any of them being there.
    I think it's time that some laws are created restricting public protests in residential areas. Let them go protest outside the Court if they object to Casey being allowed out on bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I think it's time that some laws are created restricting public protests in residential areas. Let them go protest outside the Court if they object to Casey being allowed out on bond.
    Me, I think peaceful assembly to protest is a protected constitutional right. I think we need a law to deny bail to the parents of 'missing' children when they refuse to co-operate to find them, probably because they killed them. That's the law I think we need.

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    This is not a peaceful protest. It's harassment by people who seem as odd as the people they are protesting.
    Absolutely and there's no excuse for LE not to step in for that reason alone!!
    All comments IMHO, etc etc

As long as humanity has existed, 'some' people have and always will, lie, cheat, steal, murder, etc. It's an unfortunate part of our existence. Many people, sadly enough, seem to thrive off other folks' happenstances. They're the curiosity seekers, the lookie-loos, who will use any excuse to ingratiate themselves into other people's business.

"I'm just trying to help,' or "If only the Anthony's would talk, if only they'd tell the truth," and so forth -- as if these are quality excuses for their own poor examples of behavior and why they're camped out in front of the A's home.

I think these protesters have drawn a fine line between so-called protests and downright harassment. What, exactly, ARE they protesting -- that some people lie, cheat, write bad checks, don't appear to be upstanding people? You don't protest these things -- it happens! People don't always behave the way they should -- so? Does this give anyone else the right to bother other neighbors - innocent people who simply have the unfortunate circumstance to be living in the same neighborhood, the same street, as the Anthony's? To me, nothing justifies this type behavior.

I can definitely understand protesting other things, mind you, but not this.

The Anthony family needs to be left alone.

I'm sure, in time, the police and other professionals who are working this case, will ensure justice prevails for Caylee. So many other children have been reported missing -- if these protesters profess so much concern for Caylee, how about making themselves useful and, given they all seem to have so much time on their hands, go volunteer at some of the missing children centers/foundations -- help find some of these children. I'm certain they could use more volunteers.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast