Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Oj Simpson Las Vegas Trial

Good work Judge Glass! So he has to spend 9 yrs. before becoming eligible for parole, but can face up to 33 yrs. in prison? I'm still confused! Nancy Grace is talking about it now so maybe she'll explain the sentence.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    You know the reality is the Goldman's actions are what made this all come together. if they had not sued him in civil court and won, OJ wouldn;t have had to try and hide his memorabilia. If he hadn't tried to hide his assets he wouldn;t have put himself in the possition to try and steal it back. The Goldman's were patient and got some of what they wanted.

The judge was actually very fair. Those terms could have easily been run consecutive and THAT would be a long time in jail. I think the probation recommendation was for consecutive terms wasn't it?

Does anyone feel bad for CJ? I do. I think he was just a friend that always helps another friend and was basically a guy without the boundary to say no. I believe he just wanted to help his buddy get his own stuff and was ignorant.

The prosecutor are saying he turned down a plea deal early on that was less time in jail. Have there been anymore reports about that? I am going to read the thread now and see.
    On the afternoon talk show I listen to they did a segment on OJ and Stuart- and most people did feel sorry for him. The consensus was also that because the two were tried together - OJ didn't get as harsh a sentence as he would have had he been tried alone and that Stuart got a harsher sentence than if he had been tried alone. Geez- I hope that makes sense...!
    This too shall pass

Quote Originally Posted by cinsbythesea View Post
    On the afternoon talk show I listen to they did a segment on OJ and Stuart- and most people did feel sorry for him. The consensus was also that because the two were tried together - OJ didn't get as harsh a sentence as he would have had he been tried alone and that Stuart got a harsher sentence than if he had been tried alone. Geez- I hope that makes sense...!
    I was just listening to an afternoon show also and they basically said what i said and what you reference here.
    CJ has so much loyalty to OJ, that he just couldn;t plead out and dump it all in OJ's lap. I think this poor guy learned the lesson of a lifetime and unfortunately that is about what it will cost him.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GOLDMAN'S
    It is their constant diligent work that made this arrest possible.
    Good Job Mr. Goldman, it got you some satisfaction.
    And like Mr. Goldman said "Ron will never be here, so it is a small satisfaction".

But I'm dancing and I can see that many of you who believe in fairness, justice are happy too.
    As for OJ's buddy that will be in the slammer with him
    When the dumb get dumber they pay the piper.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GOLDMAN'S
    It is their constant diligent work that made this arrest possible.
    Good Job Mr. Goldman, it got you some satisfaction.
    And like Mr. Goldman said "Ron will never be here, so it is a small satisfaction".

But I'm dancing and I can see that many of you who believe in fairness, justice are happy too.
    As for OJ's buddy that will be in the slammer with him
    When the dumb get dumber they pay the piper.

LOL Songline, picture this: I'm driving right through the middle of NYC and I hear I have a text msg. I had asked Hallowbe to text me when the sentencing was going down, and I got a great play by play account of what happened. When she said the judge was ripping him into a new one, I sent a text back that said "Ong", roflmao. I was shifting (have a 5 speed), the GPS was short-circuting because of the city (which made me miss my exit), while trying to follow what was going on with OJ.

I know, I'm bad. I never text while driving, EVER...but this was 13 years of pent up frustration.

So, THANK YOU HALLOW, and btw, Ong = OMG.

Whew, it's over. Finally........
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112