Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cases That Haunt You - *merged*

Sharon Marshall
    Cherie Mahan
    Jennifer Keese
    Rachel Cooke
    Tammy Leppert - Suzanne their is hope!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

Charley Ross for me. I named my missing persons website after him for a reason.

What really frustrates/haunts me though, is the very old cases for which I have no information whatsoever. Cases like Charles Hall III, Francillon Pierre, Ronald Cole...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meggilyweggily For This Useful Post:

I have a few-
    Christine Wrightwas the first one to hit a nerve when I read it.
    Ian Davis II he was a childhood friend.
    Ian Davis I he died not long after his son, in odd circumstances.
    Bruce Edward Myers if his case is found not to be an "accident" like everyone thinks, it will be one of two murders in our small town.

Someone said something along the lines of "I hope I can figure all this out before I die."

I often think of how exciting it will be when I get to heaven and find all the answers!
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zelmajane For This Useful Post:

gee, so many:

Chuck Mauk
    Josh Guimond
    Jason Jolkowski
    The Kingfisher murders (Dr. Juan Dumois & sons and another man murdered by a guy on a bike)
    Nita Mayo (a local 63 year old woman who disappeared up on Sonora Pass)
    The Grateful Dead boy (fan killed while riding in a van)
    Janet Aboroa (spelling is wrong. Husband is getting away with murder)
    and many many other
    John 3:16

Everyday it is my fervent prayer that these cases are solved

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anubis For This Useful Post:

Brian Shaffer
    JonBenet Ramsey
    3 missing women from springfield, MO
    Last edited by Indianagirl; 09-09-2008 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indianagirl For This Useful Post:

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Nice Thread. This is a good way to learn hear about some cases you never heard of before......there are unfortunately so many.

Three Missing Women in Springfield, MO
    Terry and Darlene Anderson
    Maura Murray
    Sharon Marshall
    Anna Christian Waters
    Evelyn Hartley
    The Walker Murders
    Jon Benet
    Christopher Coan
    Barbara Bolick
    Dorothy Arnold
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

wanted to bump this thread

The Boy in the Box
    The Three Missing Women, MO

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to librarian_mama For This Useful Post:

Jacob Wetterling

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trino For This Useful Post:

Leanna Warner
    Kiplyn Davis
    Bianca Piper
    Jaybird

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaybird For This Useful Post:

Carbon County Jane Doe aka "Beth Doe"

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CCJD For This Useful Post:

Taj Narbonne and all the other cases, where there is a clear suspect, who could not be caught.
    There are so many cases of missing women/girls in which is stated “She was in a troubled relationship. LE calls her boyfriend/husband a person of interest.” And you can even find cases where the person of interest had other girlfriends/ wives prior and afterwards who went missing or got murdered.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mischa For This Useful Post:

Anna Christian Waters
    Jason Jolkowski
    Maura Murray
    Sharon Marshall
    Deanna Merryfield
    Brian Shaffer
    Mark Davis
    Unidentified Lyle Stevik from Washington
    Unidentified Jane Doe found in Fairfax, VA
    Kristen Modafferi
    Amy Bradley
    Rachel Cooke
    Sara Anne Woods - One of the first missing persons cases I heard about
    Tara Grinstead
    Unidentified man-Bedford, PA
    Sodder family
    Two unidentified teenagers- Northern Cal.
    Upstate NY-Caledonia Jane Doe -1st case I ever heard of, was 11 when I saw it on the news.
    Rose Cole
    Boulder Jane Doe
    Amelia Earhart
    Morgan Nick

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Would you happen to have a link to the 3 girls who disappeared from the Texas shopping mall by chance? Texas, esp. Lubbock has so many missing girls and woman that I cannot believe it.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/59dftx.html

This case bothers me because the only way I can see three healthy girls disappearing like that is if someone they knew or someone they trusted (a police officer or security guard) lured them somewhere and hurt them. Apparently there was a note written by one of the girls saying they were taking off for a week, but who takes off like that at Christmas? Especially when there is a 9yo girl with them? And Christmas presents in the car? I think the note was forged. It's so baffling and frustrating.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

Sorry for the double post.

I forgot to mention Nyleen Kay Marshall. Her disappearance, coupled with the sighting and the letter supposedly written by her abductor, make for an intriguing mystery. Then there was that mysterious woman who was pregnant who went by Kay and entered a hospital...there was some speculation that it was Nyleen. Then Nyleen's mother was raped and murdered in Mexico. The whole story is layered in confusion and sadness.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

Princess Doe

Princess Doe - Unidentified female homicide victim found in Blairstown, NJ on 7/15/1982

http://www.princessdoe.org

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pdoe For This Useful Post:

Jaycee Lee Dugard--one of the first kidnappings I ever heard of and she is around my age.
    Four East Bay girls: Michaela Joy Garecht, Ilene Misheloff, Amber Swartz Garcia and Amanda "Nikki" Campbell.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newshound81 For This Useful Post:

Sorry for posting twice on this thread...but there is another case I have been intrigued with for a long time. It has a thread on WS though it hasn't garnered much discussion. I became involved in this when I found the website of the two filmmakers who were making a documentary about this case. I began communicating with the filmmakers, and they turned out a wonderful documentary.

In Villisca, Iowa on June 10, 1912 there were eight people murdered with an axe while they slept. The victims were Josiah and Sara Moore and their four children, Herman, Katherine, Boyd and Paul and two visiting neighbor children, Lena and Ina Stillinger. The murder is unsolved to this day. But the story of the murders, their aftermath and how they ripped apart this very small town is fascinating. Here is the link to the WS thread and also the link to the documentary about the Villisca murders.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...light=Villisca

http://www.villiscamovie.com/

It's a fascinating case but particularly tragic because out of the eight victims, six were children. The film is very well done. I would highly recommend anyone interested in this case to check out the documentary.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaryLiz For This Useful Post:

Michael Adams - whos website has gotten very, very interesting lately. Apparently a bunch of his friends got tired of waiting for the police to resolve it, and got together and started investingating his disappearance on their own. Based on what they've been putting on the website it looks like they know who took Michael and have been leaving very interesting messages for them. It's like a soap, but I say good for them. It shows what people can do when they come together.

www.findmikeadams.com

Also:
    Tara Leigh Calico
    Brian Shaffer
    Kyle Fleischmann
    The Springfield Three
    Matt Cook

I'd love to see a resolution on all of these cases

37. The Following User Says Thank You to flyboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Michael Adams - whos website has gotten very, very interesting lately. Apparently a bunch of his friends got tired of waiting for the police to resolve it, and got together and started investingating his disappearance on their own. Based on what they've been putting on the website it looks like they know who took Michael and have been leaving very interesting messages for them. It's like a soap, but I say good for them. It shows what people can do when they come together.

www.findmikeadams.com

Also:
    Tara Leigh Calico
    Brian Shaffer
    Kyle Fleischmann
    The Springfield Three
    Matt Cook

I'd love to see a resolution on all of these cases
    flyboy, do you know more about the Mike Adams case? I read the website; it was very intriguing. Does the family believe they know who murdered Mike, or do they believe he may still be alive?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. E For This Useful Post:

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
    Sorry for posting twice on this thread...but there is another case I have been intrigued with for a long time. It has a thread on WS though it hasn't garnered much discussion. I became involved in this when I found the website of the two filmmakers who were making a documentary about this case. I began communicating with the filmmakers, and they turned out a wonderful documentary.

In Villisca, Iowa on June 10, 1912 there were eight people murdered with an axe while they slept. The victims were Josiah and Sara Moore and their four children, Herman, Katherine, Boyd and Paul and two visiting neighbor children, Lena and Ina Stillinger. The murder is unsolved to this day. But the story of the murders, their aftermath and how they ripped apart this very small town is fascinating. Here is the link to the WS thread and also the link to the documentary about the Villisca murders.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...light=Villisca

http://www.villiscamovie.com/

It's a fascinating case but particularly tragic because out of the eight victims, six were children. The film is very well done. I would highly recommend anyone interested in this case to check out the documentary.
    Wow, thanks MaryBeth! I just put the documentary on my netflix. I had never heard of this before and it is pretty fascinating. The thread here didn't seem to get a lot of attention though which I don't understand.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

41. The Following User Says Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

I want to add the Dyatlov Pass Incident. Nine experience hikers go for a long hike and camping excursion in the Urals in 1959. Something terrified them so badly that they cut their way out of their tents and went running half naked into -40 degree temps. They were all found dead. One group had attempted to make a fire instead of returning to their camp where all of their clothese were - they died of exposure. The second group was not found until months later. They had all sustained massive injuries - injuries that are reminescent of something you would see in a car accident. Blunt Force Trauna to the chest. Two victims were found in a position suggesting they had tried to crawl back to camp. One victim also had a skull fracture. One victim was missing her tongue. All of the hikers tested positive for high levels of radiation. Many believe a cover-up was then executed by the Russian authorities.
    The cause of deaths was ruled: A compelling and unknown force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_pass_accident
    --Ghandi

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

Evelyn Hartley
    Ruth Baumgardner
    Paula Weldon

45. The Following User Says Thank You to BostonSu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    Wow, thanks MaryBeth! I just put the documentary on my netflix. I had never heard of this before and it is pretty fascinating. The thread here didn't seem to get a lot of attention though which I don't understand.
    gaia, you're welcome. It's such a fascinating case, especially if you get into the story of the people who were suspects and their backgrounds and also, like I said, what the murders did to this small town. People took sides and it formed a division in the town that virtually lasts to this day. And it happened 96 years ago! There is a lot of interesting reading on the website.

The filmmakers are the nicest people, and the film is well done, I think. It took them about 10 years to complete it but they wanted it done right and they really wanted to maintain a level of respect for the people of this small town and what they have been through with this horrible tragedy. You may have to watch it a couple times to get all the suspects and theories straight. Even reading up on the case thoroughly before I saw the film, including reading through court transcripts and a lot of other information, I still had to watch it a couple times to understand the whole story. That may be why the thread hasn't taken off here, there is a lot to sift through in this case. I got involved with it before I joined WS and so I had more time to read through everything because it was the only case I was concentrating on at the time.

I hope you enjoy the documentary!
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

47. The Following User Says Thank You to MaryLiz For This Useful Post:

The Villisca Murders are well known in paranormal circles.
    http://www.prairieghosts.com/villisca.html

This article by Troy Taylor gives a history of the case, suspects, and recent photos of the home as it exists today after renovation.

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast