Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Port Joe/Montecito Polaroids

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake
    Isnt that creepy? We were discussing this case in another thread.To find three pictures in three different areas of what appears to be her........chilling.
    I think all too often we discount "white slavery" cases as being just too far fetched but clearly,imo,Tara was/is being kept alive somewhere.
    I normally wouldn't post to messages on a thread that are many months old, but I had to say somewhere that I too have been very bothered by these photos for years, since I first saw them on Unsolved Mysteries.

I've never thought it was an elaborate hoax, either. Things that have occurred to me are "pedophile gangs" or a ring - among criminals of a certain sort, they seem to be the ones most likely to band together at times in some fashion. There appears to be a mindset among pedos that they are not criminals, simply victims of a global prejudice. (I know...amazing, huh?)

Another thing that's occurred to me is of course that these were the taunts of a still active and mobile serial killer. This...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/958923/detail.html

posted earlier in this thread, made me wonder.

If it's a hoax, it's a very strange and oblique one.

Other questions I've had were the same as some asked earlier in this thread...the significance of the book. If Tara Calico liked VC Andrews, does that mean the kidnapper cared enough about her to let her get a book by her favorite author? And what about the shaven legs? Could it have been done for her?

If the book was placed by the photographer, was there another sort of significance there altogether? The plot is classic gothic Andrews...deeply buried family secrets, rape, incest...control and possession. It would still be a rather vague statement.

Whatever the case, it also smacks of one of those big questions that just won't ever get answered, and that's perhaps the saddest part.

Steve

http://www.planethuff.com/darkside

Quote Originally Posted by misterallgood

Whatever the case, it also smacks of one of those big questions that just won't ever get answered, and that's perhaps the saddest part.

Steve

So frustrating isn't it? The pictures have really haunted me and I just can't belive it wasn't really investigated(the thing about the shaved legs is so stupid! Of course someone being held "captive" could have shaved their legs or had them shaved for her-duh!!)

I tend to discount stories of missing persons being held for years by a group or gang usually because they're either scams,the ramblings of a nutcase or "satanic panic" cult nonsense but clearly ,imo,in this case there was more than 1 person at work and Tara was indeed held for a long period of time.

Thanks for posting and with cold cases its never TOO late to post!
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

[QUOTE=messiecake I tend to discount stories of missing persons being held for years by a group or gang usually because they're either scams,the ramblings of a nutcase or "satanic panic" cult nonsense but clearly ,imo,in this case there was more than 1 person at work and Tara was indeed held for a long period of time.

Although the sad reality is that most stranger abduction cases end in the death of the victim within a relatively short time, there have been cases where the victim is held for many days, months, and even years after the initial abduction. There is one case in particular - that of Cameron Hooker and his wife Janice who picked up hitch hiker Colleen Stan in California in 1977, and then proceeded to hold her for seven years. Most of that time, she was kept in a box in a mobile home and was repeatedly raped by Cameron Hooker. The crime is detailed in the book "Perfect Victim" by Christine McGuire and Carla Norton (1988).

Tiffany Sessions, Tammy Leppert, Jean Marie Stewart

and Blue Earth MN Doe 183UFMN
    found in 1980

[QUOTE=Richard][QUOTE=messiecake I tend to discount stories of missing persons being held for years by a group or gang usually because they're either scams,the ramblings of a nutcase or "satanic panic" cult nonsense but clearly ,imo,in this case there was more than 1 person at work and Tara was indeed held for a long period of time.

Although the sad reality is that most stranger abduction cases end in the death of the victim within a relatively short time, there have been cases where the victim is held for many days, months, and even years after the initial abduction. There is one case in particular - that of Cameron Hooker and his wife Janice who picked up hitch hiker Colleen Stan in California in 1977, and then proceeded to hold her for seven years. Most of that time, she was kept in a box in a mobile home and was repeatedly raped by Cameron Hooker. The crime is detailed in the book "Perfect Victim" by Christine McGuire and Carla Norton (1988).[/QUOTE]

Ive read "Perfect Victim"-very intriquing case but the book dissapointed me somewhat.
    Oh I know it HAS happened("I know My First Name Is Steven" being another) it's just very rare is all I am saying.
    I am cautious about claims due to various scam artists .One of whom has even showed up here at W/S (although he is banned).
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

yes their are scam artists out their who will say anything to you to get you to belive in what they are saying always check with a reliable source ex le someone handing the case if you feel that you are dealing with a con

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MaryBelle
    I just had to mention Angie Housmann on this thread. Hers is the most disturbing child abduction / murder case I have ever known of in my entire life.

Angie was found dead a short distance from where I live in a nature preserve area. She had been molested and tortured for days before being tied to a tree naked and left in the forest alone in freezing temperatures. Her clothes were in a bag nearby. Police believe she had been kept and tortured for about a week and then left in the forest for about 3 days & nights afterwards before she died - which by that time had to be a blessing for her. My husband used to be in law enforcement and one of the LE who was called to the scene when she was found (by hunters) told my husband that the things that had been done to this little girl were so horrible they could never be talked about.

She was just a sweet little girl who wanted to be everyone's friend. PLEASE read this article about Angie and remember her. It is just so sad. Periodically the local news does an update feature talking with her poor mother. My heart breaks for her. The monster who did this has never been caught.

[snip]
    St. Louis, MO -- On Nov. 18, 1993, Angie Housman, a trusting fourth-grader, vanished after getting off her school bus up the street from her home. Nine days after her disappearance, a deer hunter found her body in a wooded area. Angie had been tied to a tree and died slowly of exposure.
    She had been raped and tortured.

Police are nowhere near solving the case.

Detectives have tracked down more than 300 leads in their fruitless investigation into Angie's death. "If you're looking for a bunch of frustrated policeman, this is the place to come," said St. Louis Sgt. Riley Hughes, who is heading the Major Case effort.

"This is the most frustrating case I've encountered in my 30 1/2 years as a policeman."

[snip]
    "It's our feeling she got in a car on her own," Hughes said. "She was starved for affection.
    She told people, `I want to be your friend.' She was a little more trusting than many kids."

Another Major Case squad investigator added: "We've learned that Angie would meet you two or three times and you were her friend. We've been told that she'd go up to people and say,
    `Hi. My name is Angie. Are you my friend?'

<http://www.kgl900.com/html/body_angie.htm>

Simply breaks my heart

The picture of Tara and that little boy have haunted me since a child. I was in my teens when this photo was found outside a convience store. The town it was found in was about 20 miles away and in the same county.

The official statement released at that time was that one of the families said it wasn't their kid despite the police believing it was. Gossip went around that this family did not care about their kid. Terrible things to say about a family suffering such a loss.

Tara seems like a good match and so did the boy untill I heard his remains were found. But his family do not believe those are his remains.

A white Toyota van was parked in the parking lot. When the person that found the photo came from the store, the photo was there and the van was gone.

I have always thought these kids were transported far from where they were stolen and transported down south in FL. I still hold out hope they maybe alive.

their is hope that they could be still alive but with each year that passes it fades faster and faster.. lately ive been really wanting to solve the case of missing ct girl janice pockett it has haunted me for a while and is close to home since i live in the state she was taken from and its about 45 minnuts from my house. if anyone is intrested in the pockett case their is a thread on it and you can pm me

Cold Cases That Haunt Me

There are many cold cases that haunt me but this is perhaps the most haunting cold case against a child that I have ever come along. It involves an unidentified African American female child found in St. Louis, Missouri on February 28, 1983 in a vacant apartment building. She was lying face-down in a furnace room with her hands tied behind her back with red and white nylon rope. The victim had been sexually assaulted prior to being strangled, which was the cause of her death. She was decapitated and her head was never found. She is the only child on The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children(NCMEC) without any type of photo or sketch. Only the bloodied yellow v-necked sweater she was wearing is pictured.

Here is her Doe Network Page:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/54ufmo.html

Read More Here:

The Case That Haunts
    The most notorious cold case in the history of the St. Louis Police Department still haunts homicide detectives BY CHAD GARRISON

http://riverfronttimes.com/issues/20...s/feature.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinelady
    There are many cold cases that haunt me but this is perhaps the most haunting cold case against a child that I have ever come along. It involves an unidentified African American female child found [font=Times New Roman][size=3]in St. Louis, Missouri on February 28, 1983 in a vacant apartment building. She was lying face-down in a furnace room with her hands tied behind her back with red and white nylon rope. The victim had been sexually assaulted prior to being strangled, which was the cause of her death. She was decapitated and her head was never found. She is the only child on The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children(NCMEC) without any type of photo or sketch. Only the bloodied yellow v-necked sweater she was wearing is pictured....]
    I have often wondered if this little girl might have been a victim of the BTK killer of Kansas. Except for the decapitation, there are a lot of similarities. It occurred during the span of killings generally attributed to him, the child was found inside a building, bound, strangled, and stabbed (if you consider the decapitation). Here is some more info on her:
    Unidentified African-American Female Child

Located on February 28, 1983 in St. Louis, Missouri
    Cause of death was homicide; the victim was strangled.

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 8 - 11 years old (DOB circa 1972-75).
    Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10"; 70 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: She was well-nourished. She had no scars, deformities or irregularities. Medium complexion.
    Clothing: She was wearing a yellow v-necked sweater and 2 coats of red fingernail polish.

Case History
    The victim was located in a vacant apartment building on Clemens Avenue in St. Louis, Missouri on February 28, 1983. Two men who were in the basement of the building discovered the young girl. She was lying face-down in the furnace room with her hands tied behind her back with red and white nylon rope. The victim had been sexually assaulted prior to being strangled, which was the cause of her death.
    The victim's head had been removed with a large-bladed knife after her death. Her head has never been discovered. She had been killed elsewhere and brought to the vacant building after her death.
    There were no signs of previous abuse on the victim's body. There was no specific features that would give clues as to her identity.
    The St. Louis authorities have conducted extensive investigations into the victim's identity since 1983 and have received no clear leads. Her murderer(s) remain unknown, although several suspects have been under investigation. No arrests have been made in the case.

If you have any information concerning this young girl's identity or the circumstances surrounding her homicide, please contact: St. Louis Police Department, Detective Thomas Carroll 314-444-5371

NCIC Number: U-470002710

Source Information:
    NCMEC
    Jane Doe: The Girl Nobody Seems To Miss
    The Doe Network: Case File 54UFMO

Nancy Jo Canode ponte vedra,FL

Nancy Jo Canode was young and beautiful, with two children, a hard-working husband and a comfortable two-level apartment in Ponte Vedra Beach.
    So why did someone rape her, tie a rope around her neck, and stab her with an ice pick and a kitchen knife until she died?

No one knows, except her killer...

http://www.staugustine.com/stories99...d_murder.shtml
    (register)

did the husband do it??
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Mystery Momma, Yes I know something about this case, I live in the area. Her name I believe is spelled Ilene Mischeloff. She was abducted walking between school/home and Dublin Iceland. She was never classified as a runaway. She is believed to be a victim of foul play. Her mother still holds candlelight vigils for her and her missing posters can still be found in a few storefronts in Dublin.
    There was a murdering couple (James Daveggio & Michelle Michaud) just a couple of years ago that abducted and killed a Phillipino woman from Pleasanton walking on her way to work and dumped her body near Lake Tahoe. They grabbed her off the street and tortured her in their van. They are suspects in the disappearance of Ilene Mischeloff.
    There will be a candlelight vigil held for Ilene in the next few days, I forgot the exact date. It has been 16 years since she disappeared, she is gone, but not forgotten.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

I'm a Helicopter Parent- I know where my child is, and she's no less intelligent or creative for it.

Travis Alexander was the victim of Domestic Violence.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

2 Cases that haunt me

I just started a thread on this case today:
    16 yo Cheryl Fossyl Georgetown, Ohio She was taking law enforcement classes at the local vocational school. Her head was located in Adams County. Ohio and her torso was located in Brown County. Ohio. Still unsolved. Allegations of an offical coverup.

http://www.kdbs.us/help_the_children_link.htm

Carrie Culberson Blanchester, Ohio 24 yo disappeared in 1996 and presumed dead. Body has never been found. Boyfriend has convicted of the murder and his brother of helping to cover up the murder. A civil suit was filed against the city of Blanchester by the victim's mother for misconduct by the police chief in investigating the murder.

http://www.findcarrieculberson.com/index.html
    http://www.justice4vinceandtracey.com/

The two cases are in adjoining counties: Brown County Ohio and Clinton County Ohio.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMomma
    I can't find a link....it was a Dublin, CA girl, Eileen Mishaloff, I think I spelled her name wrong. She was an ice skater, she was walking I think home to or from the rink and she was never scene again. I was working in Dublin when this happened I can't even remember the year. I looked on www.missingkids.com and I couldn't find her missing poster. I think she was later thought to be a runaway and no one ever mentioned her again. She didn't take any of her stuff with her and she gave me the feeling that she wasn't a runaway................Does anyone else remember her? I still think about her.

OHH how well I remeber this one. I live in the Bay area. IMHO she was and is not a runaway. Then you had Michela Gerhardt (I know I spelled that one wrong)She was taken from a grocery store just a few miles where I grew up. To this day no leads what so ever.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast