Not open for further replies.

Soulscape

Reaction score
Hi All,

Angelonline suggested I start a thread on this subject. Yolorado wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
D
... I really think Casey may have had a break with reality to the point where she believes what she wants to believe and is able to convince herself that it's true, on some level or the other. I think she's been lying pathalogically for a quite a while.

Here's a very young woman pregnant, who doesn't want a child, but who is basically forced into it. She likes to talk which offers her lots of opportunity to lie, which she always done, but now she feels trapped living with a family, in which she has been replaced as the little princess. Perhaps, she'd pretty much always gotten her way, was able to get what she wanted, but now that changes. Her parents expect her to grow up, to not party, to not sleep around, to get a job to support herself and the baby, to put the baby first. She loves the baby, but now her parents are using the situation and their money and support to threaten her, control her behavior. They even start threatening to kick her out and get legal custody of Caylee, so she starts stealing to meet her needs, build a nestegg and as a satisfying way (on some level) to kind of stick to her familiy because she blames them for a bad situation for her. She continues to lie about working. This has generated a whole secret live, pretend jobs, pretend babysitters, pretend projects, pretend e-mails. Perhaps she starts doing drugs or progresses to a more serious form. She's always had the tendency to lie, perhaps has always had the propensity to some sort of mental illness, then something happens, something really bad. She's already living on the edge of reality. Maybe now she jumps off the cliff into the abyss.

Perhaps, embroiled in all the stree of her life, she strikes out at Caylee---in anger or jealously because of the family situation with awful consequences. More likely, there's some kind of tragic negligence or accident. Maybe the baby got some drugs which were laying around. Maybe she was left too long in the car, or drowned in a tragic accident, maybe whatever. Now the mental illness really kicks in. The baby is gone. She's really sad and sorry but she doesn't feel like it was entirely her fault, however she thinks that her family will never, ever forgive her for what is happened. All they care about it Caylee. She has to keep them from knowing. Plus, she's been living a lie, and if whatever happened comes to light, even if it was an accident, all her deception and thievery will be exposed. She won't only lose her family, she'll lose all her friends too, her new boyfriend, her old boyfriends, her best friends, her future. She knows that nobody really knows who she really is and that they probably wouldn't like her if they did. She might even go to jail, but whatever, worse than that she'd be totally disgraced and alone. She can't have that. It wasn't her fault. She didn't mean to do anything bad. She didn't do anything bad. Not really. There's a reason for everything she did. Everyone has to believe this was not her fault. She has to believe that. She'll keep hiding for right now, though. That'll giver her time. She moves forward and starts actually believing that she wasn't involved in Caylee's demise in any way, doesn't even know what happened to her. She's working on the cover story she knows she will eventually need, but not very hard. It's better to do other things and foget. Then Cindy finds her too soon before she's really settled on the final plan and what she's got so far isn't very good. So she does what she always does, she lies, she stalls. She doesn't know what else to do now that the jig might actually be up but she talks and lies so she can think and maybe comeup with something better. It's always worked before.

I replied:

(Respectfully snipped).

I think you are dead-on here. Are there any Handwriting experts on Websleuths? I studied that area several years ago and my skills are rusty but I remember enough make a couple observations.

Look at her handwritten statement on one of the recent docdrops. She lives totally in the present. There are barely any letters that extend above or drop below the middle level containing letters with no upper or lower extenders. This is a person who makes it up as she goes along.

There is virtually no slant to the writing, it is consistently straight up & down. This is a person who is totally controlling herself emotionally. Remember her comment in jail, how she couldn't cry because she had to keep herself composed to answer questions from the detectives?

There are lots of double loops on vowels. This is one of the prime indicators of a liar. IIRC, the loops on left side of vowels mean lying to oneself and the loops on the right side mean lying to others.

Any Handwriting Experts out there that could take this further? And what about examining Cindy & George's handwritten statements?

Thanks,
Soulscape

Is anyone else interested in discussing this further?

Thanks,
Soulscape

YES , I would love to read more, but I have no knowledge to add input.

YES , I would love to read more, but I have no knowledge to add input.

Ditto for me. I'd also be interested in a view of some of the other handwritten statements, particularly those of her family.

...just a general question, from a jumping off point, what role does gender play in handwriting, and how is that accounted for in analysis?

Ditto for me. I'd also be interested in a view of some of the other handwritten statements, particularly those of her family.

...just a general question, from a jumping off point, what role does gender play in handwriting, and how is that accounted for in analysis?

Hi BigFatMommyDog,

From what I recall, gender does not play a significant role in handwriting. Some men have handwriting that appears feminine and some women have handwriting that appears masculine.

Tonight I will pull out my books, blow the dust off them, and attempt to post some introductory information.

Also, does anyone know how to get permission to post attachments? I don't seem to have permission to do that yet....

thank you,
Soulscape

Didn't she have a left slant?

http://www.viewzone.com/handwriting.html

I found her handwriting to be very childish and middle school like.....I hope no one here writes like she does, I'm not insulting you - I just found it to be big and childish looking. Whereas George's handwriting totally looked like a cops.

Didn't she have a left slant?

http://www.viewzone.com/handwriting.html

I found her handwriting to be very childish and middle school like.....I hope no one here writes like she does, I'm not insulting you - I just found it to be big and childish looking. Whereas George's handwriting totally looked like a cops.

Hi CatherineB,

It does look childish. I have noticed that rounded, childish script in other girls in their 20's. It indicates a certain immaturity, IMO. As they get older (and wiser), develop a better sense of identity, the script should get less cursive.

The slant is primarily vertical. If it were a left slant, it would lean to the left, like this: \\\\\\\

If it were a right slant, it would lean to the right like this: //////

Instead, it's mostly straight up & down: ||||||| --- She is being very careful, in control, non-emotional. She slips up a little on certain words, going a tiny bit to the right (emotions leaking out) but then seems to get a grip on herself and goes back to the vertical mode.

BTW, that was a great link you posted! Lots of good basic information!

Thanks,
Soulscape

Catherineb -- those were my impressions exactly. That's part of the reason I asked about gender as those two examples seemed so stereotypically male/female. I really agree that Casey's handwriting appears very immature and highly decorative -- for lack of a better expression. Perhaps it's a girly affectation?? George's, oth, appeared VERY businesslike. Perhaps another affectation. I particularly noted how he crossed through the remaining lines -- very LE.

And I suspect what I mean by affectation are those elements that are used in analysis to signify personal traits.

I dont understand how casey's handwriting appears "childish".

To me it looks neat and legible, and I've seen many many similar handwriting on girls/women that looks almost identical to that.

I particularly noted how he crossed through the remaining lines -- very LE.

I'm sorry, but I really laughed at this when saw it in the statement and when you wrote that above. My husband is retired LE and he does this too! :)

I'm sorry, but I really laughed at this when saw it in the statement and when you wrote that above. My husband is retired LE and he does this too! :)

Actually, when I was reading it, I hadn't even scrolled far enough down the page to see it when I thought to myself...I wonder if he
... And sure enough.

I'm not LE, but in a corporate life many moons ago, I worked knee deep in lawyers -- I would have done the same thing!

I agree about the immature handwriting. It's the way middle-schoolers and high school girls (who want guys to think they are oh so feminine) write, not mature adult women. The only thing she left off was dotting her I's with hearts or smiley faces but I suspect she might do that on less "official" paperwork.

I write similar to that, and so do a lot of people I know....and I'm a mom of 2.

This is just getting nit-picky now.

just sayin'

I'm not really getting the part about the childish handwriting either. I'm in my 30s and my writing doesn't look much different than when I was in high school.

Uh oh, I hope that doesn't mean I'm a sociopath! :eek:

I'm actually a little insulted to be considered immature by the way my handwriting looks (since it appears similar to casey's "immature" handwriting).

What got me about Casey's handwriting is how opposite her signature is! Usually someone with neat printing has a legible signature. Does this reveal anything?

for me, i would have to say no. I scribble my signature, and you couldn't read it if you tried. It's completely not legible.

I loved the "End Statement"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member