1055 users online (215 members and 840 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1

    First Article That Gets It!

    Found this today. Resonates strongly with me.

    http://www.topix.net/forum/source/or...UBKFS374UGR89A

  2. #2
    softsoul's Avatar
    softsoul is offline I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    607
    I agree with this. However, they failed to mention how the actions of the family are disgusting as well. They also didn't mention how they and other media constantly give more attention to the protesters, Casey and family than they do to those who volunteered to search. Rather hypocritical to me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    299
    That link takes us to the commments on the article. I believe the correct link is http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5056518.story

    I agree that the protesters outside of the Anthony home has left a sour taste in my mouth. Even if we do not agree with the Anthony's or that Casey should be out of jail, their neighbors are entitled to living their lives. I think its unfair for the community and media to have such a circus on a public street where it becomes unsafe for the neighborhood's children to play in their yards or walk their dogs.

    I've had to remind myself that this is about Caylee and finding justice for her.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by jeannebreault View Post
    Found this today. Resonates strongly with me.

    http://www.topix.net/forum/source/or...UBKFS374UGR89A
    is this the actual link ?


    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5056518.story

    the other is really just comments ... I'm just a bit confused..... once again

  5. #5
    softsoul's Avatar
    softsoul is offline I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginny View Post
    That link takes us to the commments on the article. I believe the correct link is http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5056518.story

    I agree that the protesters outside of the Anthony home has left a sour taste in my mouth. Even if we do not agree with the Anthony's or that Casey should be out of jail, their neighbors are entitled to living their lives. I think its unfair for the community and media to have such a circus on a public street where it becomes unsafe for the neighborhood's children to play in their yards or walk their dogs.

    I've had to remind myself that this is about Caylee and finding justice for her.
    Good point Ginny. The media needs to practice what they preach. I agree that the protesters serve no good purpose. However, I get disgusted with the media's criticism of them while they have contributed more to the "circus atmosphere" than anyone else.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    middle tennessee
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by softsoul View Post
    Good point Ginny. The media needs to practice what they preach. I agree that the protesters serve no good purpose. However, I get disgusted with the media's criticism of them while they have contributed more to the "circus atmosphere" than anyone else.
    I have to agree. If the webcam were not there I doubt the protesters would be. And yes, it very much looks like Jerry Springer.
    Hinky Dinky Parlez Vous!-Sleuthy Gal

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    426
    In relation with the article posted I need to post something about WS that I have been thinking about since the protests first appeared outside the Anthony house.

    It is amazing in a free environment and an ''anonymous'' environment like this forum, the kind of restraint and quality that was exhibited by the forum's members. Posters coming from so different backgrounds, countries, walks of life, and even different views about this case, I was astonished how self-regulated the forum was in not allowing similar cannibalism regarding the Anthonys or participating in what those people are doing outside the home.

    When people here felt they had to make a STATEMENT or ACT, they donated money to Equusearch, they signed up as volunteers for Equusearch, and they stayed up all night trying to find online evidence and read documents hoping perhaps they will find a clue for where the child is. We all have our sentiments about the Anthonys, and personally I think they are majorly responsible for the kind of circus this has been turned into. BUT THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE for what we are witnessing outside their home, that has nothing to do with the right to protest, the right of free speech, or concern about little Caylee.

    I sincerely applaud the owner of the forum and the moderators because they have a forum that has a clear view what is its purpose and its ''voice'' and they were able to do that without restricting any freedoms of speech. There is a clear line why people come here and people want to be here because they agree with that line. The number of posters here who donated money and actually went to Orlando to search for Caylee shows why people are really coming here. And I applaud all of you who follow this case with dignity and humanism, focusing on Caylee and not the lowest of lowest of our human insticts and shortcomings.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,042
    The protestors have a right to protest. If you start deciding what people should or shouldn't protest, based on personal beliefs, your on your way to a "Name the Concentration Camp" contest.


    All these folks who want the protestors to go away. Where the He** are they when the KKK is allowed to parade through minority neighborhoods, because even their whacko actions enjoy constitutional protections.

    jmo

  9. #9
    What an excellent post, GameTheory.
    I agree with you.
    Last edited by Annbelle; 09-09-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: add word

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lost in the Pacific
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesHappen View Post
    The protestors have a right to protest. If you start deciding what people should or shouldn't protest, based on personal beliefs, your on your way to a "Name the Concentration Camp" contest.


    All these folks who want the protestors to go away. Where the He** are they when the KKK is allowed to parade through minority neighborhoods, because even their whacko actions enjoy constitutional protections.

    jmo

    excellent post.. thank you



    People seem to forget that one of the things that make this country as great is our freedom of speech. you may not like what someone has to say, but it is their right to say it.


    "They just want Caylee back. That is all they are worried about right now is getting Caylee back,"



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    45

    I <3 Websleuths

    Quote Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
    In relation with the article posted I need to post something about WS that I have been thinking about since the protests first appeared outside the Anthony house.

    It is amazing in a free environment and an ''anonymous'' environment like this forum, the kind of restraint and quality that was exhibited by the forum's members. Posters coming from so different backgrounds, countries, walks of life, and even different views about this case, I was astonished how self-regulated the forum was in not allowing similar cannibalism regarding the Anthonys or participating in what those people are doing outside the home.

    When people here felt they had to make a STATEMENT or ACT, they donated money to Equusearch, they signed up as volunteers for Equusearch, and they stayed up all night trying to find online evidence and read documents hoping perhaps they will find a clue for where the child is. We all have our sentiments about the Anthonys, and personally I think they are majorly responsible for the kind of circus this has been turned into. BUT THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE for what we are witnessing outside their home, that has nothing to do with the right to protest, the right of free speech, or concern about little Caylee.

    I sincerely applaud the owner of the forum and the moderators because they have a forum that has a clear view what is its purpose and its ''voice'' and they were able to do that without restricting any freedoms of speech. There is a clear line why people come here and people want to be here because they agree with that line. The number of posters here who donated money and actually went to Orlando to search for Caylee shows why people are really coming here. And I applaud all of you who follow this case with dignity and humanism, focusing on Caylee and not the lowest of lowest of our human insticts and shortcomings.

    AAAAAAAAgreed!
    This is precisely why I joined WS. I had been to other sites that were poorly moderated and pretty smarmy which is not at all what i'm about. I lurked for awhile and saw true objectivity, diplomacy and general respect as well as people who were proactive rather than reactive; as you say taking action in whatever way they could rather than simply speculating. This is a fantastic community. I was lucky enough to meet up with some of the sleuthers at the search and let me tell you each and every one of them were genuine , compassionate, GOOD people. SO yes I <3 Websleuths!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,859
    MEdia covers action. With the Anthonys staying in the house, behaving, there is no action. The people out side, hanging aroung, etc.. taht is action.

    That folks would go stand in the rain, the heat, etfc.. that is a news story.

    The anthonys are involved in a high profile case. Without the protestes, life still wouldn't be easy. Folks looking at them where ever they go, etc. /whispering, etc.

    People do protest without media attention. Groups do it together. Or folks gather on line (like in this case).

  13. #13
    justbeachy's Avatar
    justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,561
    One thing that bugs me is that GA and CA seem to spend a lot of time "putzing" around the front of their house. This morning the local news was doing a quick blurb from there and GA was outside rinsing off his car -- not really washing it, but spraying it with a hose. It just seems to me that if I had people protesting on my front lawn and I was not only complaining about it but getting in physical altercations with them, that I would spend as little time outside as possible.

    I know it is THEIR house and it is THEIR right to be outside if they want to, but come on...at some point you are just asking for trouble! If it was me, I'd only be outside when absolutely necessary! Then again, if it was me, I'd be doing a whole lot of stuff differently.
    Last edited by justbeachy; 09-09-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: edited for typo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,769
    Quote Originally Posted by jeannebreault View Post
    Found this today. Resonates strongly with me.

    http://www.topix.net/forum/source/or...UBKFS374UGR89A
    This is an emotional case, it will bring out the best and worst in people.

    Bashing the protestors is another example.

    We express ourselves daily on these threads.

    It's called freedom of speech.

    The PR campaign FOR Casey better deal with it, cause it wont go away until
    CAYLEE comes home.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    41
    Protesting is a form of gathering that trying to have an outcome. The only outcome of the protester being there is to bring attention to themselves and irritate the Anthony's. I believe that the Anthony's like the attention as sick as that sounds. Casey definitely loves the attention good or bad - she is a celebrity don't you know - she said it herself. I think if they want some sort of outcome on this case - bring it to the LE office or FBI. They are going no where protesting in front of the Anthony's. It is pointless - it is not going to bring back Caylee and believe - I don't think anyone is going to stop looking for this little girl if they stop protesting. This is going to be on everyones mind for years to come. Have we stop thinking about the Peterson case or OJ Simpson and we don't need protesters to remind us - do we?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. UID article
    By aj1020 in forum Unidentified "How To" & Reference Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 02:52 AM