1082 users online (215 members and 867 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Holy Smokes-Pulled Threads

If a thread gets pulled, do not start another one identical. It has been moved for a reason.

We were working on cleaning it up...but now we have 2 that will have to be cleaned up and merged, so it will just take us that much longer to bring the thread back.

Please do not start another one relating. TIA.

What is TIA?

This is making me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by jeannebreault View Post
    What is TIA?

This is making me crazy!
    Thanks In Advance

What is TIA?

This is making me crazy!
    Thanks in advance.

http://www.todaysparent.com/article.jsp?content=5214

What is going on? Are they just being moved to another place? Or were they deleted?

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I think the mods take them to a private place to clean them up before reposting them.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2CSI View Post
    What is going on? Are they just being moved to another place? Or were they deleted?
    Just be patient, wait, the thread will be back............ mod are cleaning them up. Hold onto your britches!

In the meantime, amuse yourself with this.

http://users.skynet.be/bk258512/idiot_test.swf

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Thanks!

Thank to Christine and JBean for answer, and thanks Christine for "forum speak" link - I'll study up!

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    I think the mods take them to a private place to clean them up before reposting them.
    I'm afraid they're going to take them out back and shoot them! (Probably not a good joke on WS, huh?!)

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    Just be patient, wait, the thread will be back............ mod are cleaning them up. Hold onto your britches!

In the meantime, amuse yourself with this.

http://users.skynet.be/bk258512/idiot_test.swf
    Thanks Poco, can always count on you for some redirection.
    Youre a cheeky one!! And I appreciate the clarification too.

I Sound Like My Kids, But...

Dear Mods,

It just doesn't seem fair!

The only thing I can think of is possible slander/liable issues?

I know info is changing hands fast and furious on that thread, but I thought everyone was being careful today!

When you get a chance (hah!) would you let us know what the problem is...full names or what?

I am honestly beginning to feel discriminated against by the mods.

I do not know whether Caylee is alive or dead, although the majority of posters seem to "know" she is dead, have vilified the Anthony's and anyone who still has a belief that Caylee is alive, and are allowed to flame any threads that want to look at alternatives to finding Caylee's body!

I might be wrong, I hope I'm not, but if I'm wrong I'd rather be wrong in this regard than the other way around.

I'm not stupid. I know what the "media evidence" is around this case. That doesn't mean it's correct.

If we were posting on the "sanctioned" thread for those who think Caylee might be alive would we be better tolerated?
    Last edited by jeannebreault; 09-09-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Shouldn't have posted to begin with!

Hi Christine- thank you for letting those who posted know what is going on. I do appreciate that you have to sort them out. If I participated in any violations, sorry- I did become defensive, because I think some need to allow us to pluck at the ZG connection. I know its a mess and I see it. I do hope it gets put into the proper place. I was hoping my posts didnt get deleted, because I like to refer back to them.

My apologies as well for being part of your headache today! Some dont realize what is going on behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Law_girl41 View Post
    Hi Christine- thank you for letting those who posted know what is going on. I do appreciate that you have to sort them out. If I participated in any violations, sorry- I did become defensive, because I think some need to allow us to pluck at the ZG connection. I know its a mess and I see it. I do hope it gets put into the proper place. I was hoping my posts didnt get deleted, because I like to refer back to them.

My apologies as well for being part of your headache today! Some dont realize what is going on behind the scenes.
    I second lawgirl! Although I did have to express my feelings (not too harshly, I hope) a few minutes ago. I feel very frustrated!

Dear Mods,

It just doesn't seem fair!

The only thing I can think of is possible slander/liable issues?

I know info is changing hands fast and furious on that thread, but I thought everyone was being careful today!

When you get a chance (hah!) would you let us know what the problem is...full names or what?

I am honestly beginning to feel discriminated against by the mods.

I do not know whether Caylee is alive or dead, although the majority of posters seem to "know" she is dead, have vilified the Anthony's and anyone who still has a belief that Caylee is alive, and are allowed to flame any threads that want to look at alternatives to finding Caylee's body!

I might be wrong, I hope I'm not, but if I'm wrong I'd rather be wrong in this regard than the other way around.

I'm not stupid. I know what the "media evidence" is around this case. That doesn't mean it's correct.

If we were posting on the "sanctioned" thread for those who think Caylee might be alive would we be better tolerated?
    I didn't see this morning's thread but I do know last night's thread was pulled for rude and personal attacks.
    I cannot even tell you how much work these mods have had to do in this forum in terms if cleaning up posts that are in violation.

P.s.

I guess I'll have to go watch the webcam, which feels a little voyeuristic to me!

Holy Smokes made me feel like I was actually helping!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast