Has Oviedo house been searched by LE?

carmenmiranda1

Reaction score
Was the house in Oviedo searched by LE?

Amy posted, on June 24, that she wanted to retrieve mail from the Oviedo house (she had already moved in with Ricardo and JP.)

If the Oviedo house was vacant during the weeks prior, and Casey knew this, it would have been the ideal spot to kill or dispose of Caylee. Casey may have felt comfortable there knowing that it was vacant and she wouldn't be connected with the residence.

Also, on August 12 George told reporters that he was meeting in Oviedo with people "assisting outside the normal scope of things" in finding Caylee. I don't know if that means anything or has been discussed before.

Great sleuthing and great questions!!!

I read somewhere (probably Brians Dreams) that someone dreamed of Caylee being hurt while here mother watched and there was a descripton of a house in that dream. I wonder about the house in Oviedo. I too had concerns about that house when I read Amy's comments about retrieving mail or insurance.

If you look at google maps, the area across the road from the house is heavily wooded.

I actually thought of this when I was rereading the documents last weekend and e-mailed TM to ask if this was a place they could check. I also called and talked to Mandy to get Tims e-mail and to make sure they could access the Pay Pal funds right away.

I haven't heard anything back from Tim at all. I honestly hope someone follows up on this.

Should I e-mail him about this again? Or call TE headquarters about it? I"d be happy to follow up further on it if anyone wants me to?

Not sure if it was searched by LE, but there was a thread on here yesterday with a map that stated all places that have been searched so far. Not sure if that meant search teams in general, or including LE. Either way, according to that map, Oveido was not marked as being searched. Map is in the following thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70624

I haven't heard anything back from Tim at all. I honestly hope someone follows up on this.

Should I e-mail him about this again? Or call TE headquarters about it? I"d be happy to follow up further on it if anyone wants me to?

I think it would be a reasonable place to search.

I have to look at Casey's myspace posts again. Did she ever answer Amy when she asked about retrieving her insurance papers from the Oviedo house?

From another forum, I got this address for the house that Amy was going to rent in Oviedo.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/895-N-Lake-Jessup-Ave/47647659_zpid

The house has been vacant since May.
It's on a 2 acre lot, which looks wooded. Casey must have known about this since Amy posted that she wanted to retrieve her mail.
I would really like to find out if this area has been searched.

Did she ACTUALLY live here or was she GOING to live here? This house is literally right down the street from my house.

If you look at google maps, the area across the road from the house is heavily wooded.

Not anymore, there's a housing development there now.

Whoops, I stand corrected, the new development is just south of that. It's slated for development but they haven't started anything yet.

I'd be interested to know if she actually lived here. It'd be an odd choice for a student since there are a lot of rental homes a lot closer to UCF. This area of Oviedo is much more family-oriented, the students tend to live on the other side of town.

Did she ACTUALLY live here or was she GOING to live here? This house is literally right down the street from my house.
I believe Amy had lived there not Casey. There was a post to Troy from Amy on his facebook page saying something about her not forwarding her mail quickly enough and some sort of insurance information was sent to and evidently received at the Oviedo house. IIRC Troy responded with he would check with his grandparents. Does that mean Troy's grandparents own the Oviedo home? Somewhere I got the idea that JP owned it.

I'm a little unclear on whether or not Amy or Casey ever lived there. I think this is the house where she and Amy were planning to move into together but it fell through (for whatever reason, probably Casey's insufficient funds to pay rent.)

Amy listed the Lake Jessup address on a resume, which was posted online.

I believe Amy had lived there not Casey. There was a post to Troy from Amy on his facebook page saying something about her not forwarding her mail quickly enough and some sort of insurance information was sent to and evidently received at the Oviedo house. IIRC Troy responded with he would check with his grandparents. Does that mean Troy's grandparents own the Oviedo home? Somewhere I got the idea that JP owned it.

I found the information on the property appraisers website. I don't know Troy's last name so I have no idea if they're related.

I'm a little unclear on whether or not Amy or Casey ever lived there. I think this is the house where she and Amy were planning to move into together but it fell through (for whatever reason, probably Casey's insufficient funds to pay rent.)

Amy listed the Lake Jessup address on a resume, which was posted online.

Well, that's interesting. I kept having this feeling this case was hitting so close to home for some reason, I can't put it out of my head. Now I know why. Also makes me wonder more and more about another park right around here that I keep thinking about.

I believe that Amy was living there prior to (supposedly) moving in with Casey. I think she was supposed to move out of that house and in with Casey but obviously that wasn't ever going to happen. She, instead, moved in with RM and JP.

If you live right there can you look around the area? Are there woods still there and is the house still empty? I really don't think she'd leave Caylee IN the house but maybe bury her in the yard or the woods near by. Would her pings from there show her near the airport or J Blanchard Park?

I'll contact TM again if you all think this is a possible location. I just don't want to be on my own in thinking this is a plausible place to look, kwim?

I actually thought of this when I was rereading the documents last weekend and e-mailed TM to ask if this was a place they could check. I also called and talked to Mandy to get Tims e-mail and to make sure they could access the Pay Pal funds right away.

I don't think it would hurt to contact them again! Good idea!

If you live right there can you look around the area? Are there woods still there and is the house still empty? I really don't think she'd leave Caylee IN the house but maybe bury her in the yard or the woods near by. Would her pings from there show her near the airport or J Blanchard Park?

The last article posted on WFTV said that there were pings near UCF on the 16th in addition to the airport pings. Isn't that nearby?

http://www.wftv.com/news/17431720/detail.html

Investigators apparently will have to find some other way to explain why, two days after Caylee disappeared, Casey traveled to an area near UCF where there are woods and water, and to similar areas by the airport and Jay Blanchard Park, out of the way places for her considering her routine.

I'm just wondering if UCFMommy should contact him this time since she lives right there and can provide more info on this location, kwim? I don't mind either e-mailing or calling him on it also but I think someone from the area that can give him more insight would be better.

I believe that Amy was living there prior to (supposedly) moving in with Casey. I think she was supposed to move out of that house and in with Casey but obviously that wasn't ever going to happen. She, instead, moved in with RM and JP.

I'll contact TM again if you all think this is a possible location. I just don't want to be on my own in thinking this is a plausible place to look, kwim?

I'm not sure who owns the wooded property surrounding the house. If it has a retention pond then I'm pretty sure it would belong to the HOA here in which case it would be fine to look around. I wouldn't want to go looking on private property, though.

As for the pings, no this area is not close enough to the airport or Blanchard Park for that. We've got tons of closer cell towers in this area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back