770 users online (85 members and 685 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kitbits View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7706598.stm

I'm so disgusted, shocked & dismayed with this whole situation...
    Oh... This is so awful

Did I miss it or do you know what the mother was convicted of? I seen they were going to be sentenced Dec. 15, any ideas on what they could get for this? That poor little baby...

Ima

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Oh... This is so awful

Did I miss it or do you know what the mother was convicted of? I seen they were going to be sentenced Dec. 15, any ideas on what they could get for this? That poor little baby...

Ima
    Hi, Ima...apparently, she & the others were initially charged with murder, but that was dropped *scream!!!* and she has pleaded guilty to causing or allowing the death:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7699603.stm

It's all so infuriating!!!
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

You are far from the reach of pain any longer angel child. Don't get why you had to suffer, but those who caused it will never know a moments peace.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by kitbits View Post
    Hi, Ima...apparently, she & the others were initially charged with murder, but that was dropped *scream!!!* and she has pleaded guilty to causing or allowing the death:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7699603.stm

It's all so infuriating!!!
    Hi kitbit Thanks. It said she could get up to 14 years, I wonder what the other two guys will get...

Ima

That "picture" of the baby is heartbreaking.

Angry

Knowing our slack justice system they won't get long. However they will have a hellish time in prison.

God kows how many more of these cases are happening as we speak
    England's dancing days are done...

Unhappy

My heart is hurting a great deal atm, I have a 19month old...and ....and .... and ... words truly fail me at this moment

I would just like to comment on this

The boy's mother had pleaded guilty to causing the death of the boy, who was seen about 60 times by social workers, doctors and welfare and family groups.
    Then why the ****** wasnt he REMOVED.

I have an adoption blog, I blog about the horrors in adoption, I blog about how SOME Children are removed unnecessairily from their parents, ESPECIALLY In the UK At the moment , babies, children are being ripped from their mother because she is single, because they say she is unfit because she IS Single and doesnt have a luxury lifestyle (examples)

Well where the ****** were Child Protection Services with this baby ? THIS BABY SHOULD HAVE Been REMOVED And Adopted.

I am sitting here sobbing, I am so SICK of the brutality that people bestow upon their children, or allow others to do so...

And the worst thing is its not going to stop, every day children are being brutalized.

OMG. That has to be one of the worst stories I have ever read. Time for me to go hug my babies.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    My heart is hurting a great deal atm, I have a 19month old...and ....and .... and ... words truly fail me at this moment

I would just like to comment on this

Then why the ****** wasnt he REMOVED.

I have an adoption blog, I blog about the horrors in adoption, I blog about how SOME Children are removed unnecessairily from their parents, ESPECIALLY In the UK At the moment , babies, children are being ripped from their mother because she is single, because they say she is unfit because she IS Single and doesnt have a luxury lifestyle (examples)

Well where the ****** were Child Protection Services with this baby ? THIS BABY SHOULD HAVE Been REMOVED And Adopted.

I am sitting here sobbing, I am so SICK of the brutality that people bestow upon their children, or allow others to do so...

And the worst thing is its not going to stop, every day children are being brutalized.

Why wasn't he removed? Well, the mom smeared chocolate on him to hide his bruises. That statement there was probably one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. You've got professional social workers who go to see a boy who they suspect is being abused, and then they find that he's covered in chocolate. Did no one bother to get a tissue and try to wipe some of it off? Even if they didn't think it was hiding bruises, because honestly, who would? But still, wouldn't they say, "Oh, your mom didn't wash your face" and do a quick clean up? Isn't that kind of their job? Isn't seeing that a child is dirty and unkempt part of the signs of abuse that they're looking for??

All, I know...it's shocking and sickening. & it's not the first time in that area, which makes it even more so! I used to work at Newcastle City Council and I new a social worker there who was a neighbour of mine & I KNOW what salary band a newbie was in (a few years ago), so it's not like these people are on a pittance. And of course, no one seems to be REALLY taking any responsibility, as per usual.

Today, the gov'ment has been rowing about it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7723933.stm

Ima: I would imagine the men will get about the same, but we shall see. It's not enough...the usual slap on the wrist!

UGH!

mind you...I remember when I was living in Denver (am a yank, btw) & that little boy in Chicago who died after much abuse an neglect--totally let down by social services there. It's no better in the States, from what I recall

Bless these poor babies........
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    Why wasn't he removed? Well, the mom smeared chocolate on him to hide his bruises. That statement there was probably one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. You've got professional social workers who go to see a boy who they suspect is being abused, and then they find that he's covered in chocolate. Did no one bother to get a tissue and try to wipe some of it off? Even if they didn't think it was hiding bruises, because honestly, who would? But still, wouldn't they say, "Oh, your mom didn't wash your face" and do a quick clean up? Isn't that kind of their job? Isn't seeing that a child is dirty and unkempt part of the signs of abuse that they're looking for??
    agreed...no excuse!

UK - Peter Connelly, 1, tortured to death, 3 charged, London, 3 Aug 2007

You better have a strong stomach to read this story as its one of the worst I have ever read and I was bawling while reading it. What this baby suffered was beyond imagination and the diagrams and pictures are pretty shocking. I have added a few links as its been all over our news today sparking a huge clash between politicians in The House of Commons.

This baby had his back broken, his ribs broken, he was bitten, his fingernails were pulled off, his tooth knocked out, his ear hanging off, skin missing.....the list goes on and all because his mother was a lazy skank and her boyfriend had what Police called a "fascination with pain"....this boyfriend loved to skin frogs alive and torture animals. I almost threw up reading this baby's story and the worst thing is that the mother was cleared of charges 48 hours before this baby died and Social Services had visited the house 60 times and left him there in squalor.

Prison sentences here are so low that these sadistic people wont even get a punishment that fits the crime. I am sick to my core after reading this today. I just want others to remember this baby today

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5140511.ece

There are diagrams and pictures in this second article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-Smiley.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tal-death.html
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

This is horrible.

Horrendous, I can't even click the links to read it, but didn't want you to think no one cared. May that precious little baby boy rest in peace.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

I closed my eyes as I scrolled this far-I cannot do it and I hope I do not dishonor this precious child.

This was pure unadulterated hate. And how can anyone hate something so innocent and vulnerable.

Peace, peace peace little angel. I hope you get another shot at life and it is clovers and happieness.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast