GUILTY UT - Alejandro Lucero, 2, dies after mom snaps his spine, Kearns, 24 Aug 2008

shannahg

Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been posted, I haven't seen it on websleuths yet but Dreamin' Demon has a post and a few other links below. It is absolutely horrendous what this woman and her boyfriend are accused of - as a gesture of punishment or just pure cruelty, this mother broke her child's spine by bending him backwards. Autopsy reports show that the child died from a broken back caused by 'severe bending force'. Apparently the abuse has been on-going because there are signs of previous spinal injuries (various stages of healing cracked ribs and old back damage consistent with the same type injury that finally caused the fatal spine breakage).
This is so unbelievably cruel, I cannot even fathom the concept of how a person could do such a thing.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700256367,00.html
http://www.dreamindemon.com/

This is my first post, hopefully I did the links right!

This article makes me weep. What is wrong with these people?

I keep thinking that I have to take a break from these child abuse stories. I can't handle them anymore. They make me feel absolutely despondent at the state of the world. But then I feel guilty. This child didn't have anyone stand up for him in his lifetime; we need to stand up for him now.

That's exactly what kind of injury I'd like to cause this mother. And what a vile word to describe her. This is not a mother at all, it's a beast that deserves the most horrible jail sentence in general population.

These people are truly disgusting. When I read about it a few days ago, I think I was beyond shocked, and I still am. I cannot believe that this would ever happen once, but according to the articles I read, the baby also showed signs of prior trauma from the same type of violence. I hope this woman gets exactly what she deserves--the harshest sentence available. I try not to indulge in daydreams of vigalante justice (i.e. the Old West when criminals were hung immediately), but things like this make that kind of system seem much more ideal.

At least the baby is away from this monster and safe in heaven.

Lisha

I hope she doesn't last long in prison. Like I said, I have no compassion for people like this...impossible.

This breaks my heart! I will never, NEVER, understand the cruelty of human beings. Makes me wish we had never come down from the trees.

Absolutely and completely DISGUSTING. There is a special place for people like this.

Such vile cruel acts should not of happened to this poor baby! Just horrific!

Did the article say there also was a 5 month old son as well?

I have a four month old..I can not bring myself to click the link..the Title of the thread is enough for me...

Did you all see where the "mom" had taken him to the hospital a week earlier because the boy had stopped walking for a short time. No doubt he stopped walking because she hurt his back. What an evil person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back