1000 users online (153 members and 847 guests)  

Websleuths News

Unhappy Poor Little Puppy

Please let me know if this does not belong here.

In the People Magazine for the week of May 3, 2004 there is an article titled "Intolerable Cruelty." A young couple had a 17 yr. old Yorkie that weighed 5 pounds and some "man" decided to kick the poor little thing like a football and killed it. As a result, Nashville lawmakers are pushing two bills, one that is being called "Gizmo's Law" that would make animal cruelty a felony. I so hope this will pass and people will realize that their actions will have consequences. I was outraged by this and wanted to see what you all think.
    All posts are just my opinion...and can change in an instant
    GaGirl

As a fellow animal lover, I'm with you. Crimes against defenseless animals should be made a felony. Anyone who's unbalanced enough to treat a living creature so cruelly deserves the harshest punishment. I can't imagine how they can so totally lack empathy for the pain they cause.

Hi GaGirl... yes I saw this story a week or so ago and I put it in the Bizarre Forum... how sad

Here is the link to that post and the new article.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6589

Sick people in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Hi GaGirl... yes I saw this story a week or so ago and I put it in the Bizarre Forum... how sad

Here is the link to that post and the new article.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6589

Sick people in the world
    Thanks Cass! I hadn't seen your post yet.
    All posts are just my opinion...and can change in an instant
    GaGirl

Angry

I read about this when it first happened. I want the s.o.b. who did it to go to prison where he can be drop kicked in the shower by all the other inmates.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared
    I read about this when it first happened. I want the s.o.b. who did it to go to prison where he can be drop kicked in the shower by all the other inmates.

I agree that he needs to be punished, but I don't think prison is the proper punishment. I'd like to see him get fined and then have to put in like 20,000 hours working for free in an animal shelter or something equal to that. He's obviously ignorant and maybe working with the animals will help him gain some of the feelings he's so obviously lacking. I think the prisons are too full now and we need room for the child rapists and murders in them.

Amen to LP Mod's post. Something should be done to such people, but this seems like a good idea.

Hi GaGirl
    I agree with LP Moderator. Prison is extreme. I do think a punishment should be more than a fine.
    There is a farmer in our area that couldn't afford feed, hay, etc. so he quit milking, feeding , and watering his animals. He got a job outside the farm and did absolutely nothing regarding his live stock since january of this year.
    They found 40 head of dairy cows, a vast amount of young stock, dogs, horses all dead last month.
    This just disgusts me to no end. We used to farm and got out while the getting was good years ago. There is no excuse for him to do this to all those animals. He could have sold them at auction, or found a private party that wanted a herd, or leased out his farm with the animals included.
    I hope they punish him to fit the crime. I haven't heard any more about it since they reported the incident.
    I love all animals and it is hard to believe people can be so cruel.
    Ja1

I HATE animal cruelty, it sickens me. I have always had dogs (and owned a few cats over the years) and they are/were like my children. Matter of fact, I prefer to sleep with my snuggly Chancey, who doesn't snore - than my husband, who does!

I'm not sure about the punishment - I do agree with LP and others that the prisons are too full and we need to quit letting the molesters and rapists out! But I don't know that I trust the community service hours that he would be supervised with the animals and taught to see their beauty and intelligence and personalities. If he's just sent in to clean the pens and walk them or something, unsupervised, what's to say he wouldn't hurt some of those animals because he's angry that's he's gotta do this? I don't know, I'd be worried about how much of a punishment this would be to him, how enforced it would be, and definitely how supervised.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Just my opinion but I think they should serve some time because in alot of cases animal cruelty leads to crimes against humans.

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    Just my opinion but I think they should serve some time because in alot of cases animal cruelty leads to crimes against humans.

That is true Kato. May some sort of court ordered counselling might help as well. What do you think about that? If they got a hefty fine, did volunteer work at an animal shelter and then had to go through counselling?

Quote Originally Posted by LP Moderator
    That is true Kato. May some sort of court ordered counselling might help as well. What do you think about that? If they got a hefty fine, did volunteer work at an animal shelter and then had to go through counselling?

Hmmmm. That's a hard one. I agree on your suggestions maybe for cases that didn't end in death? But if an animal was killed sorry I just think they should serve some amount of time.

You want a guy who KILLED a PUPPY to do community service for OTHER PUPPIES?????

Put the guy in jail. He cuased excrutiating PHYSICAL PAIN to a HELPLESS DOG. Let him learn a HARD lesson, no pun intended.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared
    You want a guy who KILLED a PUPPY to do community service for OTHER PUPPIES?????

Put the guy in jail. He cuased excrutiating PHYSICAL PAIN to a HELPLESS DOG. Let him learn a HARD lesson, no pun intended.

Yes, I do. Never unsupervised mind you. Parents who screw up with their kids are oftentimes ordered to take parenting classes. Perhaps if this guy sees for himself that animals have feelings, souls and spirt, he'll have more empathy for them and realize that they're capable of being hurt, but their also capable of being loved and giving love in return. If you don't work to change people and simply lock them in a cell everytime they do something wrong, they'll never learn how to do it right and you're simply adding them into the system to reoffend and reoffend. Sure, some of these creeps can't be helped, but I believe people can learn to do the right thing.