“the person in my daughter’s car was not my granddaughter!”

woodforest

Reaction score
This statement has bothered me since the day GA stated this on camera. All along we have heard "old pizza" from the Anthony's. GA being ex-LE, this statement concerns me. If it wasn't his granddaughter, then who was it? He says, "the person". Not "the smell" or "there was no body". This tells me, he knows that there WAS decomp in that car and not from an animal. Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in the threads. I just can't shake that statement out of my head. I know this may not called a freudian slip, but it seems he acknowledged that a body was there. Just wondering how any others feel about this statement. I truly feel the GP's are in thier own private Hades right now, but I don't understand with facts that have emerged how they can still hold faith and belief in Casey. I try to think that maybe they feel they HAVE to be on Casey's side, in order to find the truth about Caylee.

They are in full protect mode for Casey. Yes, they want Caylee back, but at the same time will not 'lose antother one' as Cindy said.

The brain is a mysterious place, and somehow the GPs seem to simultaneously exist in two diametrically-opposed realities.

Long before Caylee went missing there was a significant dysfunctional relationship among the Anthony family members.

Oh he's acknowledged in his mind there was a body decomposing in that car since the day he picked it up from the impound. IMO.

They want to excuse it away right now because the truth is too hard to grasp. It will be easier on them to accept (true or not) that someone other than Casey is responsible for Caylee's death.

Cindy made a slip up on one of her media eruptions for us to leave them alone and let them "grieve"... I caught that right away. They've accepted that Caylee is gone, they just can't accept that Casey did it. IMO

woodforest,

There are so many odd twists and turns to the Anthonys' statements, it's sometimes difficult to keep track without a scorecard. However, I agree with you about that statement. Pizza, garbage, dead squirrels, or anything else wouldn't have been referred to as "the person" unless he was sure there was a person in that car stinking all over the thing. So, are we to assume the Anthonys have a habit of transporting dead bodies in their cars, thus, the reason Cindy knew immediately that it smelled like one?

This statement has bothered me since the day GA stated this on camera. All along we have heard "old pizza" from the Anthony's. GA being ex-LE, this statement concerns me. If it wasn't his granddaughter, then who was it? He says, "the person". Not "the smell" or "there was no body". This tells me, he knows that there WAS decomp in that car and not from an animal. Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere in the threads. I just can't shake that statement out of my head. I know this may not called a freudian slip, but it seems he acknowledged that a body was there. Just wondering how any others feel about this statement. I truly feel the GP's are in thier own private Hades right now, but I don't understand with facts that have emerged how they can still hold faith and belief in Casey. I try to think that maybe they feel they HAVE to be on Casey's side, in order to find the truth about Caylee.

Yeah I think he knows.......but he is afraid of what Casey and Cindy will do if they know the truth. He knew what the smell was whenever he picked up the car. At least in my opinion he did

I actually LOL the first time I heard him say that and continue to lol when it replays.... "how many dead bodies is Casey collecting?" and "well that explains all the bodies behind Fusion"

if Casey had just remained in jail, i do believe that the GP's would have eventually become more of a voice for Caylee, not Casey.

Maybe the body in the trunk was Annie? Her had was completely destroyed! Is she still living? Anybody know?

I actually LOL the first time I heard him say that and continue to lol when it replays.... "how many dead bodies is Casey collecting?" and "well that explains all the bodies behind Fusion"

Dontcha just hate it, when people put dead bodies and chloroform in the trunk of your car? Impound lots really SHOULD have better security!;-)

What he actually said was "the person in my granddaughter's car is not my granddaughter."

NG has been running & re-running this video clip of GA saying that all along, as late as last night's show. I think the statement speaks to GA's utter emotional pain & anguish more than anything else. Granddaughter missing, daughter looking suspiciously like the murderer, most of America already believing the baby is dead & Mommy is the killer, the media constantly talking about decomp in the car, sticking a mike in his face, "Waddya think, George, about the decomp in the car, George?" The media, the protesters & the looky-loos camped out on his lawn every single day for weeks on end --- etc., etc. ...

George is living in a nightmare from hell. I don't think his statement reflects much of anything but pain.

Thanks,
Soulscape

What was the question George was asked before he made that statement? Just curious

Technically what he said was the body in my GRANDdaughter's car, was not my granddaughter. He clearly misspoke, and I think it just shows the enormous pressure he's under.

What he actually said was "the person in my granddaughter's car is not my granddaughter."

NG has been running & re-running this video clip of GA saying that all along, as late as last night's show. I think the statement speaks to GA's utter emotional pain & anguish more than anything else. Granddaughter missing, daughter looking suspiciously like the murderer, most of America already believing the baby is dead & Mommy is the killer, the media constantly talking about decomp in the car, sticking a mike in his face, "Waddya think, George, about the decomp in the car, George?" The media, the protesters & the looky-loos camped out on his lawn every single day for weeks on end --- etc., etc. ...

George is living in a nightmare from hell. I don't think his statement reflects much of anything but pain.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Couldn't have said it better :clap:

and they are grieving ....

What was the question George was asked before he made that statement? Just curious

I dont believe there was a question asked to George at the time.

He said this to "little dude" who was camped out by the property line with his lawn chair and tent. George blew up at him.

<<snipped>>

I agree that's what he said. I don't remember what was asked of him but the whole scene had a DEFINITE feeling and the tension that happens when someone started to have a Freudian Slip and caught themselves. IMHO

Thanks,
Soulscape
well said !!!

"The person in my GRANDDAUGHTER's car was not my GRANDDAUGHTER." Freudian slip, anyone?

yeah, i remember that he said granddaughter instead of daughter, but i kinda knew what he meant. his brain was going faster than his speech, but it still makes me feel so bad for them. I think that the only was i wouldn't feel for the GP's is if they knew anything incriminating before the week of July 15th.

This is something you'd say about a dead person.....That's not my father in the casket, he's in a better place.

I wonder if GA saw the decomposed body.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash