1345 users online (310 members and 1035 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Angry PA - Arrest made in unprovoked bloody hammer attack on subway

Supposedly the video of a man attacking a snoozing passenger on a Philadelphia subway is being shown world wide.

Some poor young guy coming home from work the other night had his iPod on and was dozing. A man who has a little boy with him shows the child to his seat and takes a hammer out of a backpack and just starts attacking the other guy. They don't know eachother and didn't even exchange glances.

LE is furious that out of ten or so grown men on that subway not one person helped the guy. The video is particularly gruesome.

Oh and nobody is happy with the guy who was a passenger who stole the perps cell phone after he dropped it.

Miraculously the poor victim got on another subway and took his bleeding self to Temple University Hospital. Poor kid has a bunch of staples in his head and stitches. It's a miracle he's alive.

Not surprising is the suspect has a long rap sheet. The little boy with the perp is supposed to be O.K.? You witness something like that and a da*n adult wouldn't be alright.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6381527

Filly, I beleive there was one woman who approached and offered to assist the young man after the attacker left.. but this cant be the first time that young boy ( i think he is said to be 6) was witness to a crime and he assisted in grabbing the back pack just before the train doors closed.. which makes me wonder what else that total nightmare has involved him in before.? The victim was incredibly lucky that he didnt have more severe injuries. Now the stand up individual who stole and sold the victims phone.. another fien upstanding philly citizen..

I cant beleive that not one of the large men on that train stood by.. not only that but moved out of the way to avoid getting involved.. no shouts.. nothing... I hope people recognize them from the tape and give them *****

You know what was so incredible about this crime? It mirrors the attack on the Canadian bus a few weeks back. The victim was young, male, innocent, unknown to the assailant, asleep, on public transportation and listening to his ipod at the time of the attack. Thank goodness the outcome was different in this case.

Just plain freaky, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by opme View Post
    Filly, I beleive there was one woman who approached and offered to assist the young man after the attacker left.. but this cant be the first time that young boy ( i think he is said to be 6) was witness to a crime and he assisted in grabbing the back pack just before the train doors closed.. which makes me wonder what else that total nightmare has involved him in before.? The victim was incredibly lucky that he didnt have more severe injuries. Now the stand up individual who stole and sold the victims phone.. another fien upstanding philly citizen..

I cant beleive that not one of the large men on that train stood by.. not only that but moved out of the way to avoid getting involved.. no shouts.. nothing... I hope people recognize them from the tape and give them *****
    Oh OPME, I just saw while reading the paper that a woman actually even went to the hospital with the poor kid. You were right. Bless her.

In all honesty I'll have to say this. I do not think I would have stopped and helped the poor guy. I really don't. I would certainly help him after that lunatic fled. In the past I would say I wouldn't even do that, but I did help someone mugged and beat up. However, seeing that deranged, huge guy with a hammer trying to push the kid on the subway track I just don't think I'd have the guts unless I had a firearm.

Also, I thought the attacker lost his cell phone. That poor guy loses his cell and somebody picks it up and goes sells it? Also, the kid was sitting in what I call a "safe" seat. I always try to sit with my back to the wall on the subway or El when possible. Too many lunatics out there could attack from behind.

Thank goodness the guy is alive and not too injured. It could have been so much worse.

The victim has numerous stitches, but he's going to be ok. Now that the perp was arrested, I wonder if they've located the small child. And more importantly, has anyone figured out what the motive for the attack was?

I'm glad they found him. That is just one twisted individual.

I'm still raging that these large grown men wouldn't do anything. From what little I saw, they were bigger than the scumbag attacker. All he had was a hammer. Granted, you can kill someone with it, but damn. I'm a 29 year old fat girl, and I can't say that I wouldn't have done something. Yelled, kicked him, swung something at him?

People make me sick.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    The fact that no one did anything to help this man makes me sick. How could you just sit there? These grown men who no doubt like to act like they are 'manly' prove to themselves and everyone else that when it comes down to it they are cowards.
    At least there was one kindred spirit on the train.

A similar thing happened on the A Train in Manhattan, which is the train I take home everyday, where a group of teens attacked a guy who was just sitting there - hitting him with their fists, bottles, etc and video-taped the whole thing. On the tape you could see all the other passengers who just sat there and did nothing. Acted like nothing was happening, reading their papers, staring straight ahead. The amazing thing about it is that even after the kids left no one offered to help this guy.

It only takes one person to stand up. It is the pack mentality. If the rest of the pack just stands there so will everyone else. If one person of the pack steps forward and challenges the threat fellow members of the pack will step forward too. I would bet money that if one of those men had intervened the others would have followed. Too bad not a single one had the balls to do it.

Dateline or 20/20 did a show about this and they staged different scenarios in public to see who would stop. During the scenario of a man being violent with a woman overwhelmingly more women stopped than men which is interesting.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi