918 users online (158 members and 760 guests)  



Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,034

    This kind of case in general-Depression ever an issue?

    This is the first case I've followed diligently all day, every day, so I'm experiencing some things I'm not used to. Things I'd have considered abnormal before now.

    Just how normal is it to get really emotionally attached to a case like this? I've never cried so much over someone I didn't know and that really freaks me out.
    I think one of the reasons I hold on to hoping that Caylee is alive is because I fear the sadness that would wash over and consume me if I didn't.

    I hate to even say it, but I am worried that if Caylee isn't alive and they find her body , I'll hit a real depression.
    How do you explain that to your family and friends?
    How do you deal with it?
    Do you walk away? Take a break?
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

    What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    652
    I can only speak for myself, but I think feelings of depression are normal when dealing with a case like this. Especially in a forum like this. I mean, would any of us be spending hours a day reading here if we didn't care about this little girl? I have had crying fits too, especially when it just seems to be neverending. I have been angry too - VERY angry. I think it is normal to feel this way. I haven't had any negative reaction from anyone except for my boyfriend feeling neglected.

    Btw, when my emotions get the best of me regarding this case I either go spend some time on the beach or kickbox. The beach reminds me that there is still beauty in the world & the kickboxing (picturing KC's face) helps me deal with the anger. Find something that works for you. Blessed Be!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,425
    Respectfully I say, if you are feeling this way, you might want to see your physician. It is inevitable, based on the forensics of the car, etc., that Caylee is not alive.

    You might want to take a break for a bit, and start taking care of yourself and your family. We are all glued to every piece of info we can grab to keep on top of daily updates.

    Turn the computer off, take a nice bath, relax, meditate to calm down, cook a nice meal for your family and catch up on what has been going on with them. First and foremost your family first!

    It's just me and my little dog, and even he is feeling the loss of my attention as he brings me just about every toy he owns in hopes I will play with him. He is thrilled when I get my "Flip Video" out as he knows I will be in the living for an hour recording NG as he sits next to me.

    I have spent more time with him the last couple of days and he is happy again!
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,669
    A lot of people are going to feel really bad if her bones/body is ever found. Look what happened to that little twelve year old girl. Look at the ten year old little girl on television who said she'd be devastated if Caylee was dead..........Seems like people care a lot too bad some other people don't (Casey, and maybe the rest of the family)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas at the moment :)
    Posts
    1,933
    I have pushed myself away from reading here so much and I try and miss NG show every other day. This is the only case, in many I've followed, that I've actually lost sleep.

    That's not good for anyone at all.

    It got me too riled and some days still does. but when that happens, i just log off of here and go focus on my kids - which is really the best thing to do. Be a great mom.

    It's heartwrenching that Caylee seemingly never had a real chance in life and deserved so much better.
    Only my opinion, no one else need agree.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out there.
    Posts
    3,892
    I've battled depression on a daily basis for over 20 years after having a rough childhood.
    When this case began to affect my sleep I became worried. I shouldn't be so wrapped up in a case that I have trouble sleeping at night. And yes, I have seen a doctor. I think when she is found it will be a huge relief, because then we might get answers as to what really happened.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,034
    Oh Patty, thank you for your concern.
    You're so sweet.
    I didn't mean to make you think it was like a medical depression. I've been like that in the past and took medication for it to get me over the hump.

    This is different.
    Just a general sadness over the situation that gets to me sometimes.
    I'm on here most often during my work hours(I have a lot of down time), so my family isn't really affected too much. We do watch NG and we do discuss Caylee and the circumstances, but we also still cook dinner together, go to the park daily after work and maintain our general lifestyle.
    In fact, today is my daughter, Jennifer's, 21st birthday. We're going to celebrate with a fondue dinner at The Melting Pot!

    I just really wondered if what I'm feeling is to be expected in a case like this in general and if it happened to others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    Respectfully I say, if you are feeling this way, you might want to see your physician. It is inevitable, based on the forensics of the car, etc., that Caylee is not alive.

    You might want to take a break for a bit, and start taking care of yourself and your family. We are all glued to every piece of info we can grab to keep on top of daily updates.

    Turn the computer off, take a nice bath, relax, meditate to calm down, cook a nice meal for your family and catch up on what has been going on with them. First and foremost your family first!

    It's just me and my little dog, and even he is feeling the loss of my attention as he brings me just about every toy he owns in hopes I will play with him. He is thrilled when I get my "Flip Video" out as he knows I will be in the living for an hour recording NG as he sits next to me.

    I have spent more time with him the last couple of days and he is happy again!
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

    What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,669
    I just wish the whole thing was over to be honest with you

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    I've battled depression on a daily basis for over 20 years after having a rough childhood.
    When this case began to affect my sleep I became worried. I shouldn't be so wrapped up in a case that I have trouble sleeping at night. And yes, I have seen a doctor. I think when she is found it will be a huge relief, because then we might get answers as to what really happened.
    I will be relieved when Caylee is found, she deserves a final DECENT resting spot....I have come to conclusion she isnt alive (forensics)
    and I will feel better when KC is arrested and can no longer hang out, dye her hair, etc.

    It seems the guilty are SO protected and the poor little victims are kind of forgotten. Where are/were Caylees rights? She was so helpless
    I just want some justice for her.

    It infuriates me the way the GP's take up for Casey "Mother of the Year"

    *GAG* I dont understand it/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan's Mom View Post
    This is the first case I've followed diligently all day, every day, so I'm experiencing some things I'm not used to. Things I'd have considered abnormal before now.

    Just how normal is it to get really emotionally attached to a case like this? I've never cried so much over someone I didn't know and that really freaks me out.
    I think one of the reasons I hold on to hoping that Caylee is alive is because I fear the sadness that would wash over and consume me if I didn't.

    I hate to even say it, but I am worried that if Caylee isn't alive and they find her body , I'll hit a real depression.
    How do you explain that to your family and friends?
    How do you deal with it?
    Do you walk away? Take a break?
    I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about what is normal and not normal first off. You are a caring person. Caring people get upset when bad things happen. This makes you a great person IMO. You have now gained a new awareness, and empathy for others in this area. Don't be "freaked out."

    There's not much I can say about your concern you could get depressed over this. Sadly, bad things happen to good people all of the time. It's a hard thing to deal with and understand.

    What I can offer, is when I start to think I'm getting depressed in general (about anything.) I turn on the radio, take a bath, spend more time with the people who love me and I love. Heck, I'll sing songs in my head if I have to, and I've been known to act goofy for no reason just to make myself laugh even for a second. I'm a "whatever works," kind of person.

    I agree if this is starting to overwhelm you, please, take a break. Walk away from the computer for a day, go outside and enjoy the weather (if it's nice where you are at.)

    If you can't pull yourself out of it, contact a grief counselor; there's no shame in that.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan's Mom View Post
    Oh Patty, thank you for your concern.
    You're so sweet.
    I didn't mean to make you think it was like a medical depression. I've been like that in the past and took medication for it to get me over the hump.

    This is different.
    Just a general sadness over the situation that gets to me sometimes.
    I'm on here most often during my work hours(I have a lot of down time), so my family isn't really affected too much. We do watch NG and we do discuss Caylee and the circumstances, but we also still cook dinner together, go to the park daily after work and maintain our general lifestyle.
    In fact, today is my daughter, Jennifer's, 21st birthday. We're going to celebrate with a fondue dinner at The Melting Pot!

    I just really wondered if what I'm feeling is to be expected in a case like this in general and if it happened to others.
    I personally haven't been depressed and I think the reason for that is I write so much in my personal blog to get it out of me. I actually write to Caylee from time to time which helps me greatly. I know Caylee is safe now, and continue to pray she is found.

    When I first heard about Caylee being missing and Casey not reporting Caylee for 31 days, I knew then Caylee wasn't with us any longer.

    The first day I cried was when I saw the ABC 20/20 show of the videos of Caylee. And then I song I found, "It's Going To Be Alright Child." This brought me to my knees.

    I placed it in the Media Forum and listing it here. I dedicated it to both Casey and Caylee. It will make you cry for sure.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F29-AYDmSnI

    I am dedicating the above song "It's Going To Be Alright Child" to little Caylee Marie Anthony, who has been missing since June 16, 2008.

    I hope and pray that Caylee's mother Casey, gets to listen to this song, as I see this song as God's words singing to Casey, letting her know to trust him, and it will be alright to let go and tell someone where Caylee is.

    I also feel the words in the song are for Caylee too, trust she will be found, trust it will be alright, trust it will soon be okay!


    I have so many mixed emotions regarding everything that has gone on since it was reported that Caylee was massing. I don't handle people who lie very well, as lies tend to bite them right in the butt.

    I just patiently wait now for November to see what happens, and still hope more info comes through so there is justice handed down as deemed appropriate.
    Last edited by Patty G; 09-10-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

  12. #12
    This case was taking a heavy toll on me a couple of weeks ago... It had come to the point that I was not getting enough sleep and not getting work done b/c I spent so much time on the case.

    Now, I've grown weary. Reading about the latest antics of the A's really makes me angry (their media blitz w/ the high powered atty, the book offers, etc)

    I've had to take my power back, so to speak. Now, I ony read the "fact" threads here and record NG to watch at a time when convenient for me. I've even learned to fast forward through her when she starts to sound "blah blah blah".

    I hope justice is served.