1336 users online (271 members and 1065 guests)  

Websleuths News

Park To Interrogate Adults Entering Without Children

Attendants in a British park have been told to confront adults who enter without children, in hopes of catching any suspected pedophiles, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday.
    Wardens in Telford Town Park in Shropshire, will stop and question anyone who is not accompanied by kids. The park council calls the policy a “commonsense approach” to protect children within the 420-acre recreational area.
    Some park goers have accused the council of “authoritarian madess,” saying the policy will unnecessarily panic parents about the dangers their children face.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,420096,00.html

Can someone please fix my atrocious spelling of "interrogate?"

at least you didn't spell it interrgoatse hehe.
    OCCAM'S RAZOR : "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

So I guess they think that parks are only for children? As a childless person, I would be very insulted that I have to explain that I enjoy trees, grass and birds. This is stupid. If the personwere taking pictures of other people's kids or staring at them, that's different.

I can't remember which state it was but there was a woman who was sitting in a park and apparently there was a sign warning that you must be accompanying a child. Because she didn't have a child she had to go to court and they were having her register as a sex offender. Sounded crazy to me...I will have to find that story...She was just sitting in the park reading a book and said she didn't pay attention to the sign.

I know this is in Britain, but at least here is the US I know we are encouraging people to try to live an active, healthy lifestyle. One of the ways to do this is...oh my gosh...going to parks! It may sound good on paper, but I hope this trend does not catch on. It will only discourage people further from going to parks and worsen our obesity crisis.

This is absurd.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

I'm 24 and I love going to the park to goof off with my friends.

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    this is ridiculous.
    what about us who like taking are dogs to the park? or go for a daily run in the park? or who like people watching (my cousin LOOOVES people watching lol).

Exactly! I go to an area park in the morning & evening to run with my dog. I cannot imagine being interrogated. I also go sometimes to study beside the lake at the park & feed the ducks. I had no idea this was considered suspicious behavior lol.

that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Do they think pedophiles are never parents or caregivers themselves?

What great cover!

According to the link that White Rain has provided,it states they will question anyone entering the park without a child. This is ridiculous and a waste of time. Do they really think that if they question a person who may be a pedophile,that they will answer "Oh yes,I'm just strolling the park to see which child I may want to molest?" Of course they are going to say they are just enjoying the park...and then where do they go from there?

Makes no sense at all.